• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Strider

Pro League starts tomorrow. Anyone excited?

CLG to finish 1st. Optic to finish 8th. The rest is gonna be a clusterfuck lol

Ramirez

a2_zpsfj8mpn9l.png

My last 20

last%2020%20games_zps7ngbpoam.png

Is there another narrative up this game's sleeve for solo players or do they exist purely for the enjoyment of partied up platoon squads? I had the best KDA and/or damage dealt stat for practically every game I played tonight but all to no avail. I'm not even a particularly good Halo 5 player so something's awry if I'm best every game. The sheer amount of games where I had geese who didn't know how to pull flags was reaching conspiracy levels.

Number ONE problem in this game is solos/2's matching parties. Incredible Halo game, probably the best it's ever been but the amount of solo players it must be haemorrhaging... Why spend years crafting, refining, perfecting only to dash the experiences of the average player against a rock to maintain this absurd policy of allowing parties to feast on the disassociated. There is simply nowhere to go as a solo player in this game. Big Team and Warzone are actually worse for blocks of serious browed, heavy slayers grimly focused on MM games as if 100k was on the line. Sad.

Yup, I told Omlet last night the game needs a social playlist, badly.

The last few times I played, I was just getting absolutely railed by teams of 4 wearing full Achilles. I can take the losing to an extent, but at some point it just becomes frustrating to know you're just going to get dumped on every single match. And it's like my MMR won't drop no matter how awful I do.

Trup1aya

I just hope CLG doesn't streamroll everyone and make it boring.

I think teams will start putting in the work to be competitive with CLG.

E6 looked relatively good against them in scrims, RNG whooped their ass for the first half of a scrim, before tilting. Then RNG was three points away from taking them to a game 7 in the Preview Tournament. They haven't lost since XGames, but at least we know know they can bleed.

Still even if CLG remains dominant. 2-7 should keep things interesting

I think teams will start putting in the work to be competitive with CLG.

E6 looked relatively good against them in scrims, RNG whooped their ass for the first half of a scrim, before tilting. Then RNG was three points away from taking them to a game 7 in the Preview Tournament. They haven't lost since XGames, but at least we know know they can bleed.
lol OT but I thought BvS was good, haters be damned..

Strider

The last few times I played, I was just getting absolutely railed by teams of 4 wearing full Achilles. I can take the losing to an extent, but at some point it just becomes frustrating to know you're just going to get dumped on every single match. And it's like my MMR won't drop no matter how awful I do.

Yeeeeeep I know dat feel :( last season was rough for me in arena. I had soooo many matches I could just look at the GTs before the game started and know I was facing a party of 4 highly ranked players and the game would basically be unwinnable. There were seriously times I would think about just putting the controller down.

I think I finished with a 43% winrate or so which is obviously poor. I guess I'm just in that weird csr/mmr where I can't play diamonds but I'm not good enough to compete at high onyx/champion especially while solo queueing so I just lose easily. At any given time you can look at my last 20 games and I probably have a long losing streak on there :/

I bet Optic doesn't get dead last, maybe 6th or 7th. And like others have said, I hope CLG doesn't just blow everyone out of the water.

They barely got in and Naded dragged them to the final spot... Then left the team. They have minimal practice time to get ready with a new player and who knows if they even will put forth the effort given who's on the roster....

I gues it could happen but expecting them to finish ahead of any of the other teams is just really optimistic IMO. We'll see.

Madness

Time you join 'ole Madness for some donging on golds and platinums.

They barely got in and Naded dragged them to the final spot... Then left the team. They have minimal practice time to get ready with a new player and who knows if they even will put forth the effort given who's on the roster....

I gues it could happen but expecting them to finish ahead of any of the other teams is just really optimistic IMO. We'll see.
For whatever reason I don't feel like their chemistry was ever that great with Naded. There's always a chance that his replacement happens to gel really well and fast. I dunno. I realize it's not a high chance but aside from like the top 4 teams, I feel everyone else is close to the same level and could do well or do bad.

Let's be real, the movie was trash. I was actually channeling 300...

A markedly less shitty snyder film. Lol
Count me in the not a fan of BvS group. DC can't seem to make a good movie. Even Dark Horse Comics has had better with Hellboy.

Edit: I should have said aside from the dark knight movies, but I don't know what studios make what films.

They're adding a VETO system to the Pro League:
Alongside ESL, we've also developed a veto system that will be used for all Pro League matches. With this system, teams will go back and forth, vetoing maps for each game type in a series, until the final layout is determined. We’re excited to see this system in action, and curious to see the decisions each team makes against their varying opponents over the course of the season.​
I always knew there was something I liked about you.
And I thought Man of Steel was incredible. Closest thing we got to a live action DBZ too lol.

belushy

Banned
They're adding a VETO system to the Pro League:
Alongside ESL, we've also developed a veto system that will be used for all Pro League matches. With this system, teams will go back and forth, vetoing maps for each game type in a series, until the final layout is determined. We’re excited to see this system in action, and curious to see the decisions each team makes against their varying opponents over the course of the season.​

And I thought Man of Steel was incredible. Closest thing we got to a live action DBZ too lol.

Would be better if there was more than 3 gametypes. Hopefully by Season 2 Oddball is in and Assault gets some changes and makes it in. 14 maps are pretty good though. I bet Stasis will be a frequent veto.

mo60

in the past few days i've crashed back to the dash when trying to open req packs. really lame.

That usually happeens to me after opening a few req packs usually. It has been happening to me since late april. After opening a bunch of req packs the next time I open a req pack while the game is active or go to look at my collection or go to the req store the game will crash.

BizzyBum

Some funny clips:

Something's burning...

That's some powerful ass bullets.

Also, I've recently found out how utterly hilarious using camo in Warzone is. Literally just going around and assassinating people (still needed the comm). I was actually crying laughing after doing it about a dozen times in one game. I think I might have done it to one dude like 6-7 times unintentionally, he musta been so fucking pissed. LOL

Flush those reqs down the toilet...

Reminded me of that PlanetSide 2 gif. Good use of the SAW.

EYEL1NER

I had completely resigned myself to the fact that I would never win a WZ Assault match as the attackers on Summit. I had lost so many of those that as soon as the announcer would start saying that we were to capture anything as we are dropping in, I would say "Fuck, lost this one." First match of the night is attacking on Summit though and we won! Surprised the hell out of me.
I felt like I was doing pretty good during the match and was pretty focused while playing, since I have been doing other stuff for the past few days. Turns out I went 4-8 and had 12 assists. I know those assists helped other teammates get kills and helped us win but I could have sworn I was doing better. The stats don't lie though, it was a typical WZ Assault game for me.

EDIT: And I know that the REQ points not updating and needing to go back to the main menu has been brought up a million times now, but wow is it really getting fucking annoying for me.

I just played a match solo and after winning I could hear the other team go "aww man. Matching against full parties sucks."

That felt good.

I finished all my silver packs from the hog wild update. All that is left is that legendary warthog which with how often I seem to get legendary warthog certs ill probably get it tomorrow. back to the gold grind...

Edit:
I am glad we agree then! I only really like the placement matches anyway. The grind after is pointless because I only get matched against EU pros.
Haha yes! Sorry for the confusion. I need to be more clear when im posting.

Trup1aya

Let's be real, the movie was trash. I was actually channeling 300...

A markedly less shitty snyder film. Lol

SHOCKING: Trup has a shitty opinion.

Lol Unless you are saying 300 is REALLY bad, your confusing facts/opinions. BvS is objectively bad

though the hearing scene at the capital was very well done (except why wouldn't Lois Lane have been testifying?). and I like Murderous Batfleck

pieface

Wait, so this Hog Wild DLC didn't include any proper BTB maps?

How is this game 8 months in and we STILL do not have any developer made BTB maps?

Fuck Warzone.

Wait, so this Hog Wild DLC didn't include any proper BTB maps?

How is this game 8 months in and we STILL do not have any developer made BTB maps?

Fuck Warzone.

It hasn't actually arrived yet, but that said, I think holding out hope for that is a bit forlorn, now.

Akai__

Hog wild came out on Tuesday ... It's just req items.

Unless 343 has contracted map development, we'll never see dev made BTB maps. I doubt they have math people still working on H5, so we won't be seeing anything made from scratch.

People just have to wait for E3, without getting their hopes up, honestly. Only 11 days left.

a2_zpsfj8mpn9l.png

My last 20

last%2020%20games_zps7ngbpoam.png

Is there another narrative up this game's sleeve for solo players or do they exist purely for the enjoyment of partied up platoon squads? I had the best KDA and/or damage dealt stat for practically every game I played tonight but all to no avail. I'm not even a particularly good Halo 5 player so something's awry if I'm best every game. The sheer amount of games where I had geese who didn't know how to pull flags was reaching conspiracy levels.

Number ONE problem in this game is solos/2's matching parties. Incredible Halo game, probably the best it's ever been but the amount of solo players it must be haemorrhaging... Why spend years crafting, refining, perfecting only to dash the experiences of the average player against a rock to maintain this absurd policy of allowing parties to feast on the disassociated. There is simply nowhere to go as a solo player in this game. Big Team and Warzone are actually worse for blocks of serious browed, heavy slayers grimly focused on MM games as if 100k was on the line. Sad.

Spot on as always, son.

It's the new "he must be a hacker because he is very good"

Ehhhhh nah. If 343 put the team information in the UI like Bungie did for H3 and Reach then we'd know but they removed that for H4, MCC and H5. In tandem to this, they removed the protection Bungie put in place for solo players which prevented teams of 3 or 4 playing 1's and 2's (ranked). It's a very deliberate decision on 343's part. They simply don't care about the solo player's experience in their games.

Yeah, solo in this game is painful. However, after +1600 game in Arena (pretty much all solo), I just stop caring really. I know I’ll go against parties a majority of the time and I just try not to think about it as much and just play the game because they are never going to fix it. Also the population is probably an issue when it comes to this.

This is the first season where I don't even feel like placing. I got that Overwatch bug it seems.

pieface

I don't understand why they can't just put an option in the matchmaking settings saying "Match against players in party" - "Yes or No?"

Then just give a warning that matchmaking times may be extended if you select "no"

Disable the option if your Fireteam consists of more than 1.

This game blows for solo players. But it's such a good god damn game. It's infuriating.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)

agreed. i could actually see them get bumped in relegation. the new optic with aPG (?) will not fare even as well as the naded squad. certainly not at first.

We're never going to see dev made BTB maps in Halo 5.

At the very least they can take Antifreeze out though. There are plenty of good forged BTB maps they just need to add them in. If they were to make 1 dev map, they should do Sidewinder as it cannot be properly made in forge. Or give us a Forge World with Coagulation and Sidewinder canyons, have the map transition from grass to snow. Half of the old forge world would now be redundant anyway.

Top Bottom