• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Akai__

Can I choose maps?
LaJ9Kmo.gif

But seriously... Don't give him lead or it will be 24/7 Torque.

nilla am cry

Nice clips btw lol, Fats totally got robbed. What sensitivity do you play on dany? If low, Fats got robbed. If high, understandable because you probably turned fast enough to avoid the backsmack. Online lies, etc.

Madness

Y'all are playing on Turf, but it isn't even NeoGAF's own version of Turf. Shame.

Hopefully file browser up soon. Right now can only bookmark maps if you're friends with people right? There was a document I saw a while back that was a multi community look at the best remakes. I think Nilla and Nutter maps were on it?

I wonder if Halo Wars 2 is going to be Brute focused. Like, campaign has Brutes as the protagonists. The artwork makes it seem possible. Plus I feel like that's the one race in the Halo universe that could use more fleshing out.

Madness

Take this pro league stream out back and put it out of its misery please. So many missed key moments by focusing on the dumbesr stuff as well as going third person mode for no reason. Spectator mode too laggy as well. Let's sub Strongside for Ghost or Walshy as well. Walshy and Elamite play well off each other.

I wonder if Halo Wars 2 is going to be Brute focused. Like, campaign has Brutes as the protagonists. The artwork makes it seem possible. Plus I feel like that's the one race in the Halo universe that could use more fleshing out.
Can't wait to see more of the Brutes. As long as they don't change too much of how the game flows, Halo Wars 2 should great.

And speaking of Brutes, we still have an entire arsenal of weapons they could add to Halo 5's sandbox. Halo 6 has a lot left that they could add from previous games to be redesigned (ie: Spiker being useless), and that's exciting to think about. Hopefully they don't change too much with the core either. I feel we're at a comfortable place with how Halo games play that I hope there aren't drastic changes anymore like the jumps from CE -> H2/H3 then -> Reach/H4.

Feels good to be a Halo fan! Shout out to the fallen homies who lost their passion for Halo though, hopefully they'll be back one day.

That Halo Wars 2 Artwork though:

Cj_VbfTXIAATyLD.jpg:large

Looks like the Ark in the background.

So, could this perhaps be set after the Covenant War/Halo 3? My lore's extremely rusty, but I recall humanity not discovering the Ark until Halo 2. Additionally in the background, you can see how the foundry planet's stripped of resources - likely to repair the Ark by Forerunner sentinels, though perhaps the UNSC have begun repairing the Ark as they planned to. Possibly this is where Brutes come in - reclaiming the Ark, and stealing all of the strip-mined resources (would explain their new, kinda retrofitted-looking tech).

Mark IV and Covenant era weaponry is weird though. Not sure how they plan to justify that

AICSRrs.jpg

rEQptRE.jpg

What are these?

AICSRrs.jpg

rEQptRE.jpg

What are these?
The bottom one looks like a Locust. As for the one above it, possibly a new unit that you can lock down to guard an area? These are my faction hopes:

UNSC
Covenant
Forerunner
Flood​
I'd love for them to bring everything back from the first game (mainly just the leaders and their abilities), but I don't think that's a realistic expectation. I wonder what'll be cut.. Either way, I hope the concept between UNSC and Covenant leaders stay the same, as in you have individual Covenant leaders on the battlefield while the UNSC is orbital-based. And for Forerunner/Flood, I'd be fine with only one leader for each, so something like the Librarian for Promethean units and Gravemind for Flood units.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Take this pro league stream out back and put it out of its misery please. So many missed key moments by focusing on the dumbesr stuff as well as going third person mode for no reason. Spectator mode too laggy as well. Let's sub Strongside for Ghost or Walshy as well. Walshy and Elamite play well off each other.

Definitely needs some work. Royal2 got an overkil with the sniper and they were on a terrible 3rd person angle.

Edit: Optic picking up that win on Strongholds was great.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Feels good to be a Halo fan! Shout out to the fallen homies who lost their passion for Halo though, hopefully they'll be back one day.

Yeah, I've been a big fan since CE, but Halo 5 really brought my love for the franchise back. I've always enjoyed the campaigns, but this is the most MPn I've played since 2. Can't wait for E3.

think bravo will tease a lil e3 goodness for us tomorrow?

:p

Stinkles plz confim or deny ;)
Tashi save us
once more

Ot:

Finally coming home from juarez, man i miss.my two little girls. On a greyhound unable to sleep wish i had some halo 5 in my lap right now...

Just spent the whole day on a ten hour bike trip around the entire south rim of the Grand Canyon. After hiking and exploring all day yesterday in Sedona and Oak Creek. I am straight up destroyed. Tomorrow we hike the South Kaibab trail. Pray for me fam.

Back on topic, how's the hog wild REQs? Anything useful or just a bunch of instasells? I'll be home late Saturday night if anyone's down for some late warzone Saturday action.

TCKaos

Just spent the whole day on a ten hour bike trip around the entire south rim of the Grand Canyon. After hiking and exploring all day yesterday in Sedona and Oak Creek. I am straight up destroyed. Tomorrow we hike the South Kaibab trail. Pray for me fam.

Back on topic, how's the hog wild REQs? Anything useful or just a bunch of instasells? I'll be home late Saturday night if anyone's down for some late warzone Saturday action.

The Rally and Vespin hogs are straight up superior to their counterparts. The Rally hogs have the increased armor of the Camo/Corp variants but also have increased speed, rendering all other variants of the standard chain and scout hogs obsolete. The Vespin hog also has increased rocket speed and reload speed, making it far more useful than pretty much every other rocket hog.

The Sword Needler hog is interesting insofar as I can't tell how effective the energy shielding really is but the chaingun is a rapid fire Blood of Suban that continually supercombines the targets it hits, including vehicles. It's a level 3 REQ so it's put on the same tier as the ONI hog. The damage doesn't seem to be a straight up improvement to the ONI hog, offering a more lateral utility upgrade rather than a straight-up vertical upgrade.

Unsurprisingly the hybrid weapons are hot shit that are completely worthless fodder that you'll never use. The new skins are the same as the skins from the last REQ drop but backwards.

The Rally and Vespin hogs are straight up superior to their counterparts. The Rally hogs have the increased armor of the Camo/Corp variants but also have increased speed, rendering all other variants of the standard chain and scout hogs obsolete. The Vespin hog also has increased rocket speed and reload speed, making it far more useful than pretty much every other rocket hog.

The Sword Needler hog is interesting insofar as I can't tell how effective the energy shielding really is but the chaingun is a rapid fire Blood of Suban that continually supercombines the targets it hits, including vehicles. It's a level 3 REQ so it's put on the same tier as the ONI hog. The damage doesn't seem to be a straight up improvement to the ONI hog, offering a more lateral utility upgrade rather than a straight-up vertical upgrade.

Unsurprisingly the hybrid weapons are hot shit that are completely worthless fodder that you'll never use. The new skins are the same as the skins from the last REQ drop but backwards.

What he said

Top Bottom