• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

That Halo Wars 2 Artwork though:

Cj_VbfTXIAATyLD.jpg:large

Looks like the Ark in the background.

YES YES YES.

We got to see too little of the Ark in Halo 3. I loved reading Hunters in The Dark as well.

So, could this perhaps be set after the Covenant War/Halo 3? My lore's extremely rusty, but I recall humanity not discovering the Ark until Halo 2. Additionally in the background, you can see how the foundry planet's stripped of resources - likely to repair the Ark by Forerunner sentinels, though perhaps the UNSC have begun repairing the Ark as they planned to. Possibly this is where Brutes come in - reclaiming the Ark, and stealing all of the strip-mined resources (would explain their new, kinda retrofitted-looking tech).

Mark IV and Covenant era weaponry is weird though. Not sure how they plan to justify that

AICSRrs.jpg

rEQptRE.jpg

What are these?

Considering Brutes lost the armament support of the Sangheilli after The Great Schism, them continue using what's left of the old covenant armory they still possess is quite possible.

Ade

Going to be interesting when it's set bearing in mind the events of escalation and hunters in the dark.

jfoul

I'm expecting a huge blowout of info for future Halo 5 updates, and Halo Wars 2 at e3. I want to see what free content 343i has lined up for H5 after the massive June update. Hoping to see Halo Wars themed update during the release of Halo Wars 2.

singhr1

I wouldn't read too much into the artistic stylings of concept art.

Halo 5's (off the top of my head) had:
H4 BR
Old school banshees
Different look for the guardians
Different/missing scopes for campaign characters
Alien life forms on Sanghelios art that never showed up

Im itching to play as an entire army of brutes instead of just a few individuals like in the first game.

Art reminds me of this ad
maxresdefault.jpg

Akai__

An other day an other Champion in the enemy team with "Focused" settings. He was on a Running Riot with 12 Railgun kills. This weapon is so cheap...

I wouldn't read too much into the artistic stylings of concept art.

Halo 5's (off the top of my head) had:
H4 BR
Old school banshees
Different look for the guardians
Different/missing scopes for campaign characters
Alien life forms on Sanghelios art that never showed up

Im itching to play as an entire army of brutes instead of just a few individuals like in the first game.

Art reminds me of this ad
maxresdefault.jpg

Spoilers: ambient wildlife in the concept art NEVER shows up in the final game

An other day an other Champion in the enemy team with "Focused" settings. He was on a Running Riot with 12 Railgun kills. This weapon is so cheap...

Changing it to a hitscan weapon really did lower the skill gap with it. It was easy to use before, but now it's just an I win button for the most part. Like if you try a thrust and dodge it, you're generally too late and you'll get hit. Generally, I try to thrust early for it and have more success.

BizzyBum

Take this pro league stream out back and put it out of its misery please. So many missed key moments by focusing on the dumbesr stuff as well as going third person mode for no reason. Spectator mode too laggy as well. Let's sub Strongside for Ghost or Walshy as well. Walshy and Elamite play well off each other.

Going 3rd person was an absolute joke. I can't believe they kept doing it, too.

Get Ogre 2 to start casting, as well. He's super knowledgable and did a great job on Goldenboy's HCS preview stream.

I don't mind power weapons, but it would be nice if ammo was more limited and they didn't spawn quite as often. As is right now, there is always someone running around with a power weapon at all times on any map. Sometimes multiple people running around with them. Should be a little less common.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Going 3rd person was an absolute joke. I can't believe they kept doing it, too.

Get Ogre 2 to start casting, as well. He's super knowledgable and did a great job on Goldenboy's HCS preview stream.

Ogre 2 was good. And I always love Walshys commentary.

Strider

3rd person camera was used really well during the LCQ but they used it waaaaaaay too much in the pro league stream yesterday from what I saw and whoever was controlling the camera was doing a horrible job with it too. Can't believe we missed a Royal 2 overkill because they were too busy in 3rd person view just looking at his spartan (not even the action going on throughout the map).

Here's a picture of what we saw in the middle of the overkill for those that missed it or didn't watch:

Literally couldn't see what was happening just saw the medals rolling in...
facepalm.gif

Use 3rd person waaaaaaay less frequently and limit it to flag runs occassionally (to see player setups) and when the game slows waaaaay down like on Eden/Slayer for example. Don't use it at all if you're not really really comfortable with it either because whoever was doing it yesterday clearly wasn't. The angles of the camera were terrible...

I blame goldenboy. We need someone following thr action and them just watching and commenting whats on screen instead of trying to control it.

They lose their train of thought trying.to do two things at once sometimes.

Shrug.

shitpost

Strider

Yea I like what they're doing between matches with replays/highlights and interviews between the series.

New overlay is great too IMO.

Also from that tweet it doesn't really seem like the teams will be wearing them they could just be revealing them...?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Yea I like what they're doing between matches with replays/highlights and interviews between the series.

New overlay is great too IMO.

Also from that tweet it doesn't really seem like the teams will be wearing them they could just be revealing them...?

yeah, maybe. or as mentioned, on waypoint. i didnt think that through

Strider

I could see myself using a Liquid, EG or maybe Nv skin as I like those logos and colors the most... E6 skin destined to be hideous.

I mentioned it before but still really want them to add a shuffle feature. Allow us to select a few of our favorite weapon skins then randomly choose one before the match starts. This way you could easily use all of your favorite skins without manually changing them all the time.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i want a renegades magnum that looks a bit like sharktooth grin but wearing the mask
272px-Renegades.png

That Halo Wars 2 Artwork though:

Cj_VbfTXIAATyLD.jpg:large

Looks like the Ark in the background.

When I see this image one thing comes to my mind HALO I'm very excited about Halo Wars 2 the first one is the most underrated Halo game of the entire franchise, I can't wait to see more about HW2 at E3 in 10 days ALL UNITS!

Thing I'm really curious about HW2 is how it's controlled. I'd be fine with more of the same from the original, controller-focused, but a game built around the advantages of MKB while still remaining reasonably simple is... very appealing to me. And actually might have some esports potential.

Thing I'm really curious about HW2 is how it's controlled. I'd be fine with more of the same from the original, controller-focused, but a game built around the advantages of MKB while still remaining reasonably simple is... very appealing to me. And actually might have some esports potential.

Well Phil Spencer said that KB/M support was coming to the Xbox One right? this could be the launch game of that feature, also Frank said that they will use the full potential of each version so I trust in both of them plus Creative Assembly of course

Well Phil Spencer said that KB/M support was coming to the Xbox One right? this could be the launch game of that feature, also Frank said that they will use the full potential of each version so I trust in both of them plus Creative Assembly of course

Yeah, that sounds about right.

Caja 117

A classic Halo experience happened to me last night, I matched with a guy that after we lost the game he send me a message calling me trash, I pointed out how he went 12-14....then he said to me Im trash Because I went Negative 7...which I replied "Ohhh my..You are not even good at Math 7-11 is not Negative 7" Guy havent replied since.

01DragonFly

Damn, is there any way to see how many im missing from which packs? I never actually checked.

you can go in to the req collection to see the ones you are missing but some of them you can only get them by doing commendations.
You can also see them in halowaypoint , click you gamertag name to see the menu < Service Record<Requisitions

BizzyBum

I'm almost there, too. It sucks so much that a lot of emblems are tied to comms. Some are going to take forever to unlock. =(

Also, I didn't get any HCFP req pack. What gives!

Top Bottom