• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

TCKaos

I've run in to a lot of people accidentally betraying each other in the Mythic playlist. I guess that happens when you have red and blue teams and the weapons will turn you red and blue...

BizzyBum

So I'm missing some items after being done with Golds.

Missing Achilles (obvious) and Athlon Champion set. For skins I'm missing both HCS Contenders.

Were these limited items from the past? If so I guess I'm screwed. ;(

Also missing 55 emblems but I guess those are all from completing commendations.

Velcoro

i want this now

clg-ar-5a68fca65cc348a586d39aedccc95bfe.jpg

singhr1

While I find it odd to just be branding your weapons with e-sports organization logos (the players are center of attention to me, not the org), that CLG skin has a great colorway!

Looks like Awash V2 is returning in Halo 5

Madness

And it's actually pretty good looking!

They may be the current champion heels of the league, but they've got some nice looking merch.

OpTic skins will be the #1 by a landslide. Damn I wonder what the percentage they get from each sale will be. Guys like flamesword pulled like 30k viewers to his chat during tbr LCQ. #GreenWall support effectively doubled the twitch numbers during OpTic match yesterday etc.

Sucks for Renegades fans. I know a lot were hoping they would be one of the initial ones but it makes sense they'd support CLG, EG and OpTic first. 3 orgs that aren't going away from Halo anytime soon.

TCKaos

So it looks like tubes, golf club, tin holes (the number has to be a flag for the hole, right?), and either palm trees or a new canvas that features them. I'm still hoping that we get canvases like Apex 7 (which this might be), Genesis and Sanghellios, but I know that's quite a bit to ask for.

Also I'm happy to see 343 acknowledge the white color scheme as belonging to the Elite Ultras. Hopefully they'll be referred to as such in the game's UI. I also hope that the boss AI behave differently or at least have different weapons than their counterparts. I know 343 already said that they plan on giving them REQ weapons but what can you realistically do with the Prometheans, Hunters and Sword Elites?

Somebody should give that Knight a Dying Star and make it shoot super fast and very accurately, or maybe a River of Light or something. Something scary that does a shitload of damage. I feel like the only boss that really gets any kills is Warden, and really he isn't an active threat. All of the bosses act like slightly inconvenient dart boards where they should be menacing super-threats. Imagine if Lochagos could actually defend the Fortress on his own? Make him spawn Soldiers with Dying Stars the same way that some of the Soldier Scouts and stuff on Darkstar spawn Crawlers. He should have a River of Light that he sweeps with. Make them work for the kill in an interesting way instead of tossing a coin or throwing a dart at a board.

It'd make players a bit more invested than just "He's worth 150 points so we have to get him".

Surely that Forge tease is either:

A) Forgeworld

or

B) Warzone maps in Forge.

"Even without context, this picture should say about 10,000 words to the community"
You'd presume that suggests this is a bigger deal than just some new canvas; this is something that the community's been clamoring for (perhaps water volumes too?). Am a little disappointed it's not a Sangelios one though.

Am thinking we'll finally get the in-game file browser this update.

JDB

Banned
Surely that Forge tease is either:

A) Forgeworld

or

B) Warzone maps in Forge.

You'd presume that suggests this is a bigger deal than just some new canvas; this is something that the community's been clamoring for (perhaps water volumes too?). Am a little disappointed it's not a Sangelios one though.

Am thinking we'll finally get the in-game file browser this update.
Prepare to be disappointed I guess.

nillapuddin

new forge canvas is gunna be water world

been calling it for a long time now

we have infinite space, we need infinite water, infinite flat grass/sand/ice, etc

superflat worlds of every variety and sanghelios based world for sure

also

french said this is relevant

dont-decode-this-halo-5-teaser-a5e699ab1ce042d9aa1bc305cd7240fd.jpg

in the url "dont-decode-this-halo-5-teaser"

Madness

They look awesome. I can't wait until we reveal them. :]

Full 8 team skins eventually planned or no? I know it is risky developing them with the smaller orgs given how quickly teams and orgs change or stop. I think Liquid and Renegades and Allegiance should definitely be next 3 you guys make. Also glad to see you back on the podcast. Try and get Ghost commentating as well. Always love hearing what he has to say. Walshy too.

blamite

They look awesome. I can't wait until we reveal them. :]

Well, of course you'd say that though. ;) But for real, I had told myself I wouldn't pay any more real money for Req packs, but it looks like you've got me back for one more!

I'm really looking forward to the HCS podcast, too! I've always been really theoretically interested in following the competitive scene more closely, but in reality I tend to have a hard time keeping up with everything outside of the major events. Hopefully this should help with that a lot! Any idea how frequently you guys plan on releasing episodes?

new forge canvas is gunna be water world

been calling it for a long time now

we have infinite space, we need infinite water, infinite flat grass/sand/ice, etc

superflat worlds of every variety and sanghelios based world for sure

also

french said this is relevant

dont-decode-this-halo-5-teaser-a5e699ab1ce042d9aa1bc305cd7240fd.jpg

in the url "dont-decode-this-halo-5-teaser"

Hmmmm. E3 is going to be very interesting huh. Something win10 related i bet.

Prepare to be disappointed I guess.

Hah. I'm always prepared.

Flat world canvas would be fantastic though Nilla. Then they could just keep adding in new terrain types: Water, Sand, Sanghelios desert, Sangelios canyon, Vulcanic, Snow 2.0, Grass, Dirt, Jungle, Swampland, Taiga, Plains.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
d69056d9efd30f900dc009aa5e915402.png

Interesting. But what does it mean?

It means that I like having fun in Twitch chats.

Full 8 team skins eventually planned or no? I know it is risky developing them with the smaller orgs given how quickly teams and orgs change or stop. I think Liquid and Renegades and Allegiance should definitely be next 3 you guys make. Also glad to see you back on the podcast. Try and get Ghost commentating as well. Always love hearing what he has to say. Walshy too.

There are more on the way for sure. And yea, super excited to start recording podcasts again. I could talk about Halo esports all day!

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Ninja going off!

yea Ninja went iiiiiiiiinn

Gonna go play a lil bit for now tho so I'll catch up with who wins the series later.

just finished the series and you guys werent kidding. that rig slayer match was absolutely bonkers. easily the best continuous run i've ever seen in a professional match. ninja had a terrific night, his performance on truth was nearly as spectacular (poor ryanoob)

Madness

It means that I like having fun in Twitch chats.

There are more on the way for sure. And yea, super excited to start recording podcasts again. I could talk about Halo esports all day!

Yup. Been a long time since we've had this resurgence of orgs and pros and personalities. The older generation retiring and making way for the new pros etc. Going to be interesting to hear the breakdowns. What is the format going to be like? Halo eSports only going to get better from here on out.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Yup. Been a long time since we've had this resurgence of orgs and pros and personalities. The older generation retiring and making way for the new pros etc. Going to be interesting to hear the breakdowns. What is the format going to be like? Halo eSports only going to get better from here on out.

Looking to keep it pretty short and focused, around 30 minutes. We'll be hitting the major stories, looking forward to upcoming matches, and answering community submitted questions and topics. We're also looking to get players to call in and even bring local players in.

Madness

Looking to keep it pretty short and focused, around 30 minutes. We'll be hitting the major stories, looking forward to upcoming matches, and answering community submitted questions and topics. We're also looking to get players to call in and even bring local players in.

Would be good to get the challenger players on the show as well. Increase their reach and potential to be the next stars. Try and get Cratos and Lethul on at the same time. Guaranteed to generate some bad blood and drama lol.

Top Bottom