• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

singhr1

You forgot the MILF version of the episode "Homecoming" also from Halo Legends

giphy.gif

Damnit! Forgot about that. You recently rewatched it, you're cheating :p

Anime Halsey = Best Halsey

So, the only commendation we are even close to completing is the Long Shot kills one, with 4681/4900 complete. And before anyone claims we're just waiting for Firefight, the only commendation that can be done there is the Warden kills one.

Slackers, the whole lot of you...

So, the only commendation we are even close to completing is the Long Shot kills one, with 4681/4900 complete. And before anyone claims we're just waiting for Firefight, the only commendation that can be done there is the Warden kills one.

Slackers, the whole lot of you...

I've been slacking for sure.

It's high noon.
g6cYnyw.png

TCKaos

OT but if you guys feel like it, my little cousin would be very appreciative if you could help her get to her camp for kids with skin diseases.

https://www.gofundme.com/22vn3u5w

She has Epidermolysis Bullosa and requires constant care and attention. The camp is the one time during the year when she and her family can get something resembling a break.

And now back to your regularly scheduled Halo.

Just saw this. Figured, y'know, probably a better way to spend money than on more Gold packs.

qtHHVzN.gif

-----3rd best in game, 1.54 +K/D and right in the mix with Plats

0nVBD78.gif

-----Best in game, 8.0 +K/D (only 2 deaths) and slaughtered 3 Plats

sEvJIDA.gif

-----3rd best in game, 1.08 +K/D and right behind 2 Plats

jmGAnRg.gif

-----3rd best in game, 1.10 +K/D, no plats in game (assisted the fuck out of team for a win)

lPxn9HJ.gif

-----Best in game, 4.25 +K/D (only 4 deaths), no plats in game

GqXchOs.gif

-----2nd best in game, 1.75 +K/D, 2 plats in game

8Wgy941.gif

-----Best in game, 2.0 +K/D, mostly placement enemies

ff5NEfl.gif

-----2nd best in game, 1.5 +K/D, mostly placement enemies

8nTtPaG.gif

-----Best in game, 2.11 +K/D, half placements half gold enemies

fypH3QG.gif

-----Shit game 2 quit on our team early on, neg bomb just to get it over with at the end, 0.58 -K/D.

I just don't understand how does a guy go positive 9/10 games (one neg game was due to quitters) and only ever getting matched with poor enemies/teammates. Someone explain how I end up Gold 5 with performances like that? SMH. Climbing out of a shitfest Gold rank is annoying, even a new season doesn't give you a fresh start. Get rid of rank resets or make them quarterly at least.

Individual rank during placements isn't working correctly IMO. I have no will to want to now try team wins only grinding in Slayer and won't be playing it anymore for the rest of the month.

Skirmish is literally the best warzone map in the game.
Call me the new king of bad opinions lol. I'm tired of maps that are cross map shooting the whole game. It's literally the reason why I love stormbreak so much. Teams have to actually work to keep the opposing team's base. They can't just be a bunch of douches, sitting on their asses and cross map kill people with shitty high level weapons and vehicles the whole game. yay. halo. dad.

Haruko

OT but if you guys feel like it, my little cousin would be very appreciative if you could help her get to her camp for kids with skin diseases.

https://www.gofundme.com/22vn3u5w

She has Epidermolysis Bullosa and requires constant care and attention. The camp is the one time during the year when she and her family can get something resembling a break.

And now back to your regularly scheduled Halo.

I hope she has a great time at camp!

http://www.i-mockery.com/minimocks/scariest-moments-in-non-horror-movies/i-mockery-raiders-of-lost-ark-face-melt.gif[IMG]

Those pic sizes....[/QUOTE]

All up a grand total of 304K, I know how to compress images. Also I just wanted to wear every mobile HaloGAFfer's thumbs down so I could rank out of gold easily. Muaahhhhaa.

Halo 4 and 5 Cortana are pretty bad. They definitely sexualized the character. I don't really appreciate that. She reminds me of one of the Mesopotamian fertility goddesses, which is not a good thing. Halo 5 was better for not being as sexual. Concept above is better than in game.

Halo 3/2/2A are best.

jem0208

Halo 4 and 5 Cortana are pretty bad. They definitely sexualized the character. I don't really appreciate that. She reminds me of one of the Mesopotamian fertility goddesses, which is not a good thing. Halo 5 was better for not being as sexual. Concept above is better than in game.

Halo 3/2/2A are best.
She's no more sexualised in 5 than she was in 3. If anything it could be argued that she was more sexualised in 3:

halo3cortana.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Even with the large boobs though I think H4's design is the best, she just has the best looking face, it actually looks normal.

Halo 3/2/2A are best.

But the books always had her this way, she didn't care for the social norms and even used her nudity as a deliberate tactic essentially. They didn't just sexualise her out of nowhere.

I played a couple free for all games yesterday and noticed that players with green armor at first glance look like they have an overshield. I'm guessing some players do it on purpose. Cheap tactic that probably gets them an extra split-second or two to take advantage of other player's reactions.

Trup1aya

I played a couple free for all games yesterday and noticed that players with green armor at first glance look like they have an overshield. I'm guessing some players do it on purpose. Cheap tactic that probably gets them an extra split-second or two to take advantage of other player's reactions.

I wonder if that's why they went with the cell shaded looking, bubbly OS effect- To try to distinguish it from green armors

I wonder if that's why they went with the cell shaded looking, bubbly OS effect- To try to distinguish it from green armors
Could be. There's something about all the colors in halo 5 that I don't really care for. I find it hard to distinguish between teammates and enemies when someone is running around with OS or a damage boost. Sometimes I have trouble distinguishing between players without any power up, especially in warzone. And the blue team still blends in with a lot of different maps making players hard to see, even though the color was adjusted by 343.

Trup1aya

Could be. There's something about all the colors in halo 5 that I don't really care for. I find it hard to distinguish between teammates and enemies when someone is running around with OS or a damage boost. Sometimes I have trouble distinguishing between players without any power up, especially in warzone. And the blue team still blends in with a lot of different maps making players hard to see, even though the color was adjusted by 343.

The only solution is to shoot anything that moves. Lol.

In all honesty, in shooters in general, I've come to rely on the UI for identifying target almost as much as I do the character models. Many games have lost the simplistic art, color and geometry in favor of extreme busyness. Then there's the issue of my deteriorating eyesight. So now, in Halo for example, I look for red reticules, and red gamertags. I even find myself using the red gamertags to line up headshots through foliage and obstructions. Then there's the slight pulls of the autoaim, that let you know if you're looking at friend or foe.

When I used to play Battlefield, i used the call out marker, so that I could adjust for bullet drop, and would he head shots even though I couldn't see an enemy at all.

So yeah, I can't see for shit. For both health and art reasons, but I've been managing for the last few years or so.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
how do you set up a 1 player custom map with a flag to spawn to practice juggling?

Akai__

I would really like to know the tickrate for the Halo 5 Servers...

I doubt it. Most of his custom games are Breakout games against nobodies.

Edit: Actually, it was him. Found his Gamertag listed in the ESL things.

how do you set up a 1 player custom map with a flag to spawn to practice juggling?

You actually can't. If there is no enemy, the enemy flag won't spawn.

Are you doing this right now? If you want, invite me. I'll grab some food, while doing nothing on my console. Could just stand still if needed.

op_ivy

You actually can't. If there is no enemy, the enemy flag won't spawn.

Are you doing this right now? If you want, invite me. I'll grab some food, while doing nothing on my console. Could just stand still if needed.

thanks, but i'm not. i swore i read that there actually was a way though... hmm

Halo 3/2/2A are best.

And the original trilogy didn't? The hell?

op_ivy

damn. seems unnecessary to me anyways. still, would LOVE for a map pack based on 3's finest in 5.

Top Bottom