• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Zeta Oni

Sorry Zeta :/ I'd also kill for a H3 Anny. It's cruel to tease and lead people on like that though.

One day I hope for a H3 Anny, but I don't think now's the time. Not next year either.

Don't sweat it, if it wasn't for more level headed individuals like yourself id probably be hyping myself to the stars at this point.

One day though, we will get the Halo 3 anniversary we deserve.

Haruko

If they were ever seriously going to pour time into making H3A, I'd rather it go into porting HMCC to PC/fixing it up. H3 looks good enough on there in 60fps
and a graphical upgrade wouldn't change the slow movement/sandbox issues anyway

UNmcwH5.png

This silver pack is pretty legit, comes with a Supercombine emblem too.

I shall not waste my REQs when Firefight is around the corner :p

Ah man, im getting excited to see what 343i has to announce regarding Halo Mainline stuff.

I need my hype thruster fuel back!!

Cranster

Banned
Halo 4 and 5 Cortana are pretty bad. They definitely sexualized the character. I don't really appreciate that. She reminds me of one of the Mesopotamian fertility goddesses, which is not a good thing. Halo 5 was better for not being as sexual. Concept above is better than in game.

Halo 3/2/2A are best.
Halo 3 gave her the Team Ninja treatment

Cortana-halo-33159346-320-240.gif

Welfare

If anything, that vehicle pack should be a standard pack, in addition to a weapon focused plus power up focused pack.

Like why can't there be specialized REQ packs I can buy whenever I want that cost a bit more?

Fuchsdh

If anything, that vehicle pack should be a standard pack, in addition to a weapon focused plus power up focused pack.

Like why can't there be specialized REQ packs I can buy whenever I want that cost a bit more?

Yeah I feel like they'd be better off cutting some of those gold bundles and offering slightly-more-expensive but focused packs. I don't imagine there are that many Speedy-caliber whales who drop $100 on packs every time.

Karl2177

20 000 RP ($5.99) weapon pack. Contains 1 weapon cert if available and 15 single use weapons that the player has certs for. Can range from common to mythic. Will have at least 1 of the highest tier cert owned.

20 000 RP ($5.99) vehicle pack. Contains 1 vehicle cert if available and 10 single use vehicles that the player has certs for. Cab range from common to mythic. Will have at least 1 of highest tier cert owned.

15 000 RP ($4.49) boost pack. Contains 7 arena boosts and 7 warzone boosts. Favors XP boosts over RP boosts, but will guarantee at least 1 RP per mode.

15 000 RP ($4.49) aesthetic pack. Contains 3 cosmetic items(Helmets, Armors, Weapon Skins, Assassinations, Stances, etc.) plus 10 random single use REQs.

You owe me 343kotick.

Ade

W10 store version

That's never actually stated in the article, and if they do mean that then wtf did they expect as they gave it away for free to everyone who owns the Java version...

Halo 4 was certainly a lot more dad at this point in its life. A lot.

Fuchsdh

W10 store version

Which ignores the fact that the W10 version is currently just a slightly-nicer version of the Pocket Edition. Once it reaches feature parity with the mainline PC game I bet people would switch over in droves from the Java mess that is the current game.

Plus, Microsoft is still making money hand-over-fist on all platforms for it, so I don't think they're all that concerned.

So me and a friend spent 35+ minutes last night trying that trick jump above red fountain on coliseum. The one that I saw frosty make look so easy in one of the game play videos someone posted yesterday.

Finally pull it off, and it's fucking out of bounds. Pure. Rage.

That H3A video looks fake as hell

No man, It was filmed on someone with parkinsons iPhone 2 in the super secret E3 get hype gameplay reveal room with a fully polished UI for a game releasing in september 2017. Totes Legit, I've had my sources verify it at the highest levels.

Anyone who thinks it's real just put it in a thread on gaming side. It will be taken down by MS in seconds if it's real

Fuchsdh

No man, It was filmed on someone with parkinsons iPhone 2 in the super secret E3 get hype gameplay reveal room with a fully polished UI for a game releasing in september 2017. Totes Legit, I've had my sources verify it at the highest levels.

Anyone who thinks it's real just put it in a thread on gaming side. It will be taken down by MS in seconds if it's real

iPhone 2's couldn't shoot video. Checkmate, atheists.

singhr1

That's never actually stated in the article, and if they do mean that then wtf did they expect as they gave it away for free to everyone who owns the Java version...

Halo 4 was certainly a lot more dad at this point in its life. A lot.

Sure, it's implied though. The whole conversation was about windows 10. Like Fuchsdh said, until Minecraft W10 Edition matches the feature set of Minecraft (Java) most people will stick to the Java version that has the mod support and doesn't require W10 (which still may be a limiting factor to players)

Which ignores the fact that the W10 version is currently just a slightly-nicer version of the Pocket Edition. Once it reaches feature parity with the mainline PC game I bet people would switch over in droves from the Java mess that is the current game.

Plus, Microsoft is still making money hand-over-fist on all platforms for it, so I don't think they're all that concerned.

Yes, I hope MS continues to make UWA better so the hell of classic Java apps and x86 executables can be replaced completely.

Every time I have to install a new executable I die a little inside knowing that there will be some semblance of this application somewhere on this computer no matter what doing who knows what because it may or may not come from a sketchy dev who know will have the application start at launch and run unnecessary services in the background both of which I will need to disable so my computer doesn't turn into shit in 1-2 years requiring me to reinstall Windows.

Minecraft will continue to be a money maker. Especially with EDU edition I think launching in some beta form today. Who knows, maybe VR Minecraft will be a hit over the next year or two also?

Haha yeah also the wallpaper/image of Halo 3 Anniversary looks fake too

Again - fuck skirmish at darkstar. Piece of shit map. Every time I play on that trash map my opinion of it is confirmed. Nothing like queuing up for what you think is going to be a short warzone assault game only to find somehow you are in warzone and about to get shit on for 30 minutes straight on the worst map in the game.

TCKaos

Again - fuck skirmish at darkstar. Piece of shit map. Every time I play on that trash map my opinion of it is confirmed.

Maybe if you stopped running out of the front of the armory directly into the line of sight of the other armory the people at the other armory wouldn't shoot you.

Again - fuck skirmish at darkstar. Piece of shit map. Every time I play on that trash map my opinion of it is confirmed. Nothing like queuing up for what you think is going to be a short warzone assault game only to find somehow you are in warzone and about to get shit on for 30 minutes straight on the worst map in the game.

This again?

I mean even if Halo 3 Anniversary is real there is absolutely no reason to show it this Monday, Halo 3 will be 10 years old on 2017 not 2016 so they have to show it on the next year E3 not this one

30 minutes? On Darkstar? What thumbless idiots are you playing with/against?

EDIT: Ohhhh, I see, so 30 minutes means 21 minutes and "shit on" means a match that ends 1000-782 while going only -7 and the entire other team goes negative except for 5 people and they had 4 quitters throughout the match that had to be JIP'd. AKA you lost a close game where a few people on the opposing team were doing well. I'll try and keep these translations in mind for future complaints.

mo60

Arc and Stormbreak are worse than Skirmish. I have a few issues with Skirmish, but I mostly like the map.

Top Bottom