• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

BraXzy

Dunno, but they need some better proofreading...

sqphaVO.png

Not heard of/seen them in any other scene I follow. Not a very snappy brand name :3

Loyaty is one of our Keys to Victory.

Akai__

Pros and 343i getting in a call to talk about Pro League and settings in some minutes. They can't stream the call, so don't expect news immediately.

Hope that means that we will get news soon, but that really sounds like they are just now in the planning phase.

Edit: That timing.

Madness

Damn that E6 team will be solid. It's a big loss for Denial. Huke and Bubu very young. Cratos, I don't really like the guy but he's a good player. Shooter is the weak guy on the team. But I think they're a better team than OpTic Halo already. Ace was chasing Naded and the GreenWall fans, otherwise Liquid definitely was up there especially if they grinded together. Liquid could probably pick up someone like Commonly or Spartan the Dog, but the chemistry would need to be worked on.

Pros and 343i getting in a call to talk about Pro League and settings in some minutes. They can't stream the call, so don't expect news immediately.

Hope that means that we will get news soon, but that really sounds like they are just now in the planning phase.

Edit: That timing.

Hopefully we get news tomorrow in the special firefight live stream. Like a special hint or something.

MaGlock

Damn that E6 team will be solid. It's a big loss for Denial. Huke and Bubu very young. Cratos, I don't really like the guy but he's a good player. Shooter is the weak guy on the team. But I think they're a better team than OpTic Halo already. Ace was chasing Naded and the GreenWall fans, otherwise Liquid definitely was up there especially if they grinded together. Liquid could probably pick up someone like Commonly or Spartan the Dog, but the chemistry would need to be worked on.

Quite I want commonly and ninja together forever

witness

So hyped for firefight. It will really get me back into the game as the competitive multiplayer just frustrates me cause I'm not good and don't have the time to get good. I played so many hours of firefight with Reach, and am completely ready to dive back in.

Going to be disappointed when they remove multi-team. It's a lot of fun. Fiesta, multi-team, and assault are the ones I enjoyed the most so far.

belushy

Banned

Rumored Liquid atm is Stellur, Spartan, APG, and Unlegit

Velcoro

Rumored Liquid atm is Stellur, Spartan, APG, and Unlegit

Commonly, Ninja, Victory, and Penguin are the RNG squad atm. Not sure if it's permanent yet.

Lethul is in a skype call right now with 343 I believe hopefully we get more info on the pro league.

Going to be disappointed when they remove multi-team. It's a lot of fun. Fiesta, multi-team, and assault are the ones I enjoyed the most so far.

It's still fun but BTB maps don't capture the chaotic and insane hecticness that multi-team is known for. On normal maps it would be all out chaos but that's how multi-team is meant to be played. It also needs Oddball and KOTH to be really complete. I still love playing it hopefully it becomes permanent.

It's still fun but BTB maps don't capture the chaotic and insane hecticness that multi-team is known for. On normal maps it would be all out chaos but that's how multi-team is meant to be played. It also needs Oddball and KOTH to be really complete. I still love playing it hopefully it becomes permanent.

True, but in the end, if there's one thing Multi-Team has proven, it's that these BTB maps play infinitely better with magnum starts and BRs as pickups.

EYEL1NER

One spot left, please send a join request and tell me it's you.
Thanks for the acceptance. I saw the quoted post and said "Hey, wait a minute..." because I had been refreshing Waypoint all day but I went and refreshed just now and saw that I got in. I can't wait to play with Company members. I'm hoping I can learn some stuff from playing with and observing you guys.

Now that I am a member of a group where I plan to participate with group members, I wanna upgrade from the headset that came with the console. I have the first-gen controllers still but will get an arctic white or elite soon (maybe both). I know there are tons of headsets that can work, especially a ton of PC headsets or the PS Gold (which I always see people speak highly of). I was just wanting to pick up something licensed for the Xbone that would work immediately and work well. I mentioned before that I had my eye on the Turtle Beach XO Sevens or the Seven/Pros. Does anyone have any personal experience with those? I have a pair of X360 Turtle Beaches that I got for extremely cheap during the wonderful deals Kmart used to run five or so years ago and I liked them, but I didn't like having to run a cable to the controller and then also to the back of the 360. I imagine they might still work but I wouldn't even know how to use them in conjunction with the Xbox One if they did and would rather just upgrade instead of digging around the net for instructions on their compatibility. So XO Sevens... Anyone like them for Halo?

EDIT: And I know the whole "Spartan Company members shows in 'friends' but show offline unless manually added as friends" thing has been brought up a couple times. Have we found out yet whether that is a bug, whether it is functioning as intended, or whether it is just something deeper that is going on with Xbox Live that is working how MS intends Live to work? If nothing has been stated any which way about it, who would be the best person to direct that question to? I checked Google to search the Waypoint forums and saw people requesting that SC members show up a while back but nothing recent since it was implemented. Is there a specific 343i member on Twitter who is good about answering menial stuff like this?

Sai

:/ That doesn't sound too promising. Saying the multiplayer team's heard it before gives me the impression that they're all too comfortable with BR starts.

Strider

:/ That doesn't sound too promising. Saying the multiplayer team's heard it before gives me the impression that they're all too comfortable with BR starts.

I think it sounds plenty promising.

My guess is they wanted to see just how popular pistol starts on these BTB maps actually would be with multi-team before changing or testing pistols in BTB.

Clearly it's been a hit.

BraXzy

Apparently there was another pro call with 343 and Lethul said league news would be

"soon, literally you guys won't have to wait".

All signs point to yes.

Velcoro

Apparently there was another pro call with 343 and Lethul said league news would be

"soon, literally you guys won't have to wait".

All signs point to yes.

yeah dude I hope we get some info soon sounds like it's going to happen finally.

I think it sounds plenty promising.

My guess is they wanted to see just how popular pistol starts on these BTB maps actually would be with multi-team before changing or testing pistols in BTB.

Clearly it's been a hit.

Yeah I hope so. Even the simplest things like post game medals aren't implemented yet so I feel like they won't be proactive with making any changes. Hopefully they start listening to the community and implementing more changes.

Strider

Yea I see zoba on and forging all the time... I'm sure he has multiple projects worthy of consideration to be put in MM. I hope 343 adds one his maps in at some point.

BraXzy

Yea I see zoba on and forging all the time... I'm sure he has multiple projects worthy of consideration to be put in MM. I hope 343 adds one his maps in at some point.

I saw a map he'd been working on not long after Forge came out that had a lot of elements from this. I wonder if it was inspired by or the old map was merged into this. Either way for sure, he's a talent. Hope one of them gets into MM.

Congrats on completing a map Goat ;)

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Woah, the map goat has been working on just cropped up on my YouTube. I thought I recognised the geometry in the thumbnail... I was about to call someone out till he was credited as co-forging. Looking awesome!

https://youtu.be/VLfcTV3h_nE

man, that looks great. loving the new foliage.

actually looks very destiny vex like, lol

BraXzy

man, that looks great. loving the new foliage.

actually looks very destiny vex like, lol

Definite Vex type inspiration for the structural shapes. I think they mentioned that in the ForgeHub description. Love the architecture in it.

We're about due a 4v4 Slayer community forge playlist right?

Feels like I just got standby'd or something lol.. Took the lead and we only needed 2 kills to win, then bam - dropped from the game.

Not only that, but it's quite miserable to play 4v4's as a solo player and it's a damn shame that 343 doesn't care about it. Why the refusal to even acknowledge the lack of a proper unranked 4v4 Team Arena playlist? Is it due to concerns over losing population from ranked playlists? If so, I have to question how much of an impact it would really make, especially when considering the people who probably stopped playing Halo 5 for this reason.

NOKYARD

I saw a map he'd been working on not long after Forge came out that had a lot of elements from this. I wonder if it was inspired by or the old map was merged into this. Either way for sure, he's a talent. Hope one of them gets into MM.

Congrats on completing a map Goat ;)

He had a Forerunner Grifball court 99.99% done but never submitted it.

im_dany

Plat 2 in SWAT as a lone wolf after a 40 days "break" (except for a few matches), not bad.

I knew SWAT was the best choice, finishing the last match with 2 K/D and 60% accuracy was very satisfying.

I also won 4 WZ Assault matches in a row yesterday, I couldn't believe I had proper teammates. That was a joy to play. Winning a game in defense without letting them capture the first point is sweet.

Been suffering through multiple wz assault games trying to finish my silver req grind. My last 2 games of the night were against the same full team. Awful awful awful but at least they weren't prolonging matches. I counted my unlocked reqs and I think im only 7 away from being done with silvers. So. close. But I'm tired and calling it a night.

Edit: also I really this assassination.
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/XxDeputyMoonman/video/16539837/

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Not many more sleeps til HCS Pro League info. Won't have all the juicy details but there's a good amount.

Top Bottom