• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Not many more sleeps til HCS Pro League info. Won't have all the juicy details but there's a good amount.

god damnit, just when i thought it was today.

edit: just realized im behind on the thread and this was posted last night. so, theres still a chance

IHaveIce

Banned
Go over to TeamBeyond Forums and see op_ivy defending to use the word "rape" for outplaying others.

Yeah enough for today.
Edit:
It will be today.

Loomba

Oh my elite controller arrived, really liking it atm. I am using the two top paddle only for jump and melee and it seems to be working out so far.

Fun fact, I had the two top paddles the wrong way around for a day and it like it better than the "proper" way lol

Anyone got any tips for advanced config? Like what's the best thumbstick settings (I think I saw one say "aggressive"? no idea what that is tbh) or stuff like trigger sensitivity - should I be altering any of that stuff?

Oh and are the trigger stops useful for Halo at all?

BraXzy

Oh my elite controller arrived, really liking it atm. I am using the two top paddle only for jump and melee and it seems to be working out so far.

Anyone got any tips for advanced config? Like what's the best thumbstick settings (I think I saw one say "aggressive"? no idea what that is tbh) or stuff like trigger sensitivity - should I be altering any of that stuff?

Welcome to the best club on the planet ;)

I personally use the two smaller paddles because I don't catch them with my beastly oversized hands. In the bottom slots. Don't be afraid to tinker with them, even have one up one down, so long as it slots in it works.

Personally never tampered with any sensitivity curves or anything like that but I run Jump and Boost on my paddles with Default scheme.

Fun fact, I had the two top paddles the wrong way around for a day and it like it better than the "proper" way lol

Anyone got any tips for advanced config? Like what's the best thumbstick settings (I think I saw one say "aggressive"? no idea what that is tbh) or stuff like trigger sensitivity - should I be altering any of that stuff? - I use default on my right stick. i have smooth on my left stick. Trigger sens is based on your hardware. You can lower the requirement so you can reach a full 100% trigger pull. I have my left one around 70ish and my right trigger at 60ish.

Oh and are the trigger stops useful for Halo at all? - i only use it on my left trigger since i use my left stick for sprint. i clench and having my finger do less to pull the trigger seems to help keep my hands comfortable.

Welcome to the Elite club. Soon you will become ' The Created '.....
ahem.. uhh...

Anyways. the Elite is a marvelous controller. I cannot play any games now without this beauty. I have the two small paddles on top, flipped around so the edge kind of points away/outward. So there is no wrong way of using the paddles. Adjust them to your liking and make sure they are comfortable. I've tried to flip the longer ones but i always pressed them by accident. IDK, i might give it a try and graduate to 3 paddles but i like my 2 so far.

My Halo Elite Control settings, if intersted:

Halo Default button config
LS - Sprint
LT - Smart Link
LB - Gernade
RS - Crouch
RT - Shoot
RB - Melee
A - Jump
B - Thruster
X - Reload/Action
Y - Switch Weapon

• Left paddle - A (Jump)
  • Right paddle - B (Thrust)
  • Domed left stick
  • Tall right stick

Oh and are the trigger stops useful for Halo at all?

Paddles can be put in either way round, I think mine are the "wrong way" too hahah. I just use Bumper Jumper with top left paddle as thrust and bottom right as switch weapon. Been meaning to add more for a while but haven't had the chance.

I don't use the trigger stops, but my brother does for the Carbine and he's pretty good with it, don't know if DMR or pistol get much of a benefit. If you put them on, make sure you set the trigger max to 50% in the Xbox Accessories app, otherwise charge weapons (like the Plasma Caster/Pistol) aren't going to work.

Enjoy the controller though, I can't use standard ones anymore.

IHaveIce

Banned
Well you made me curious and all I found was Jem arguing with TTU Vapor. I need a shower now.
I never leave the HWC/Proleague thread.

Regarding Warzone Firefight, do we know if the beta is only on the one map? did we see any footage of another Warzone map being played?

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
From the Gears Beta thread, lol

Overcrowding is exactly why true Halo would sell well now. It's unique. No sprint, ads, thrust pack, etc. halo used to be different now it just follows the pack. Halo if continued the same way from Halo 3 could have been the CounterStrike on Xbox. Extremely popular and virtually no competition because no other game plays like it. Halo 4 I know for sure sold the best at launch out of every Halo but completely dropped off after a couple weeks because everyone just left to other games.

jem0208

Well you made me curious and all I found was Jem arguing with TTU Vapor. I need a shower now.

Dark things happen in the H5 discussions thread...

Also the comments he was talking about are in the HCS thread, which is basically just bloody memes 24/7 at the moment.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I have never been so annoyed in CTF. I literally walked right in, took their flag, carried it all the way back to our base before getting killed, the guy who killed my killer then picked up our flag and carried it all the way back over to their base looking for the one who took our flag. WTF? Then again I took the flag and got into a vehicle, and the person driving drove us halfway across the map, then for whatever reason turned around in the middle, drove us right back into their base and got out to try and kill the guy who had our flag. Three other times I wasn't carrying the flag myself, I saw my team carry the flag the wrong direction into danger when they were completely safe.

Is this how people think CTF works? Hold absolutely no concern for keeping their flag near our base until our flag is secured?

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member

IHaveIce

Banned
From the Gears Beta thread, lol

I love how people always jump over Reach, so they can blame 343 for the downfall.

This discussion was held long ago, COD4 cam out and with it Halo's console fps playerbase split, COD was a much more approachable and easier shooter to play, and since it was Multiplat not only Xbox peeps were talking about it, so the reputation rose way faster. Reach then changed Halo up, to get those people back, but completely forgot to make the game to also maintain the ones that stayed and so even more left.

This trend continued, till now where the Xbox One isn't even close to competing with the Ps4 and to be fair Halo 5 has not the population decline Halo 4 has.

Also a classic halo experience was released.. the MCC, forget server problems and everything, we can just see how big the interest for classic Halo MP is at the launch sale data( people couldn't know the game didn't work)

The sales were really really low for a Halo title.

Trup1aya

I have never been so annoyed in CTF. I literally walked right in, took their flag, carried it all the way back to our base before getting killed, the guy who killed my killer then picked up our flag and carried it all the way back over to their base looking for the one who took our flag. WTF? Then again I took the flag and got into a vehicle, and the person driving drove us halfway across the map, then for whatever reason turned around in the middle, drove us right back into their base and got out to try and kill the guy who had our flag. Three other times I wasn't carrying the flag myself, I saw my team carry the flag the wrong direction into danger when they were completely safe.

Is this how people think CTF works? Hold absolutely no concern for keeping their flag near our base until our flag is secured?

Lol you think that's bad? One time brought a flag to our base, but our flag was away, so I'm hiding. A teammate comes in and starts Teabagging and shooting the capture point , trying to tell me to score. I've got a mic, so I'm trying to explain that we can't score unless our flag is back at base. He just doesn't get it. Anyway, I spot some enemies on the radar, so I turn to where I can get a shot on em. He Betrays me, which alerts the enemies to our flag location, then he tries to score it himself. Of course he dies while frantically strafing over the capture point. they return there flag, and win moments later.

Fuchsdh

Do we have any idea how long today's livestream is? An hour or so seems reasonable, i.e. a couple of firefight matches.

I imagine it wouldn't be any longer than that, since presumably they are still going to do a livestream for the next content update.

Strider

Only 8 NA teams.... geeeezus. Tbh I think 12 is the right number.

Nevertheless it seems we get 3 lans total from this? Not bad... Plus the online tournaments will still be nice. And we could easily get another season with a similar structure to close out 2016. If not that is a huuuuge gap between the end of July and 2017 Worlds...

Overall good stuff 343 :)

Akai__

Halo Championship Series Pro League to launch May 31, will feature $250,000 prize pool. Finals in July. Halo WC in 2017 will have a $1m prize pool.

http://espn.go.com/esports/story/_/...e-launch-31-feature-250000-prize-pool-esports

i
i

Akai__

I really hope the Team Arena playlist changes into a Pro League playlist where you ONLY play these Pro League maps and gametypes.

I really hope the Team Arena playlist changes into a Pro League playlist where you ONLY play these Pro League maps and gametypes.
Nah. We still need a playlist with all gametypes and maps (Team Arena).

It's better to simply ADD a new HCS playlist with tournament maps and modes

This way, 343 can add more gameptypes in Team Arena like oddball, ricochet or whatever without people bitching about it not being competitive.

singhr1

Just remove Slayer and replace it with Pro League :p

I'm glad they are continuing the REQ pack for prize pool for the HWC Finals 2017. Now I anticipate PAX East!

Top Bottom