• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Do we have confirmation on ANY halo 5 related announcements at e3?

This really feels like the last update and then just maintenance stuff if we get nothing.

link1201

Do we have confirmation on ANY halo 5 related announcements at e3?

This really feels like the last update and then just maintenance stuff if we get nothing.
No confirmation that I'm aware of.

I do hope they say something though for me there's not a lot of other news to get excited about lol.

New Professor Anders look?

UxVyFlE.jpg

Boy, I hope not. She looks whitewashed as shit.

m23

Played a bunch of Halo Wars 2 matches last night, had a lot of fun. There are technical issues and the UI needs fixing but I'm loving it so far.

I was looking forward to an announcement of an expansion of Halo 5 and we didn't even get any new info for the Firefight update.

Trup1aya

Not to hate on KI, because that game certainly deserves some time in the light, but it's just crazy that MS found time to highlight its post-release support, but couldn't find time to do ATLEAST that for Halo.

Those guys really know how to maintain my saltiness.

I can't help but assume that June is really it as far as post launch support goes. Surely E3 would have been the time to announce otherwise.

Doesn't seem like they have any ambitious plans to boost population either. LFG and XBL Arena are the biggest halo announcements for me then..

Not to hate on KI, because that game certainly deserves some time in the light, but it's just crazy that MS found time to highlight its post-release support, but couldn't find time to do ATLEAST that for Halo.

I can't help but assume that June is really it as far as post launch support goes. Surely E3 would have been the time to announce otherwise.

Doesn't seem like they have any ambitious plans to boost population either. LFG and XBL Arena are the biggest halo announcements for me then..

If there was any kind of large Halo 5 expansion or significant update, it would have been shown or at least teased at E3. I'm sure they'll continue with post launch "support," but I doubt it'll be anything major.

They've already said multiple times support isn't ending in June.

Okay, I just played my first HW2 game and it's uh.... Pretty rough. It doesn't help that there's basically nothing to tell you how the game works or what roles different units fill? Like I don't know what the fuck most of the Covenant units were or what, and the interface is confusing as hell? That upgrade tree??? Is there no way to speed up the cursor like in HW1 (it was on LT I think?)?

Overall it seems incredibly rushed, like the overall level of polish (yeah I know it's just a beta, but still) and complete lack of any support material or unit breakdown on 343's end makes me think that releasing this thing was a SUPER last minute decision.

The fact that they actually tried to sell me a deluxe edition after that match was shocking. Not a good look. I'm a lot more iffy on this game than I was before E3.

No.

No more of this.

Not "but still." It's a beta. Full stop. Polish is a frankly outlandish thing to be grading it on. I literally cannot imagine going "hmm, this beta is pretty unpolished, that's definitely not good." It's a beta. For a game coming out in the year of our lord TWO THOUSAND AND SEVENTEEN. 8 MONTHS.

Trup1aya

They've already said multiple times support isn't ending in June.

Yeah I'm sure 'support' wont end in June. I'm just doubtful at how substantual new content updates will be. Would love to be wrong, but disappointed in how they've chosen to communicate in this regard.

Will we ever see a new Warzone base? Or a dev made BTB map? Or a Dev made Sanghelios Arena tmap? A new enemy, vehicle or weapon that isn't just a reskin? SoloQ? Probably not.

At best we'll see the return of some modes that should have been here by now. And they'll be poorly balanced upon arrival, and subsequently pulled from MM to be tweaked. And they'll throw some forge maps into MM.

Gotta agree with everyone that the lack of news is disappointing. Frankie was teasing... something in the pre-E3 Xbox thread, though lord knows what. Maybe it'll get a slot at one of the Dailies?

singhr1

Okay, I just played my first HW2 game and it's uh.... Pretty rough. It doesn't help that there's basically nothing to tell you how the game works or what roles different units fill? Like I don't know what the fuck most of the Covenant units were or what, and the interface is confusing as hell? That upgrade tree??? Is there no way to speed up the cursor like in HW1 (it was on LT I think?)?

Overall it seems incredibly rushed, like the overall level of polish (yeah I know it's just a beta, but still) and complete lack of any support material or unit breakdown on 343's end makes me think that releasing this thing was a SUPER last minute decision.

The fact that they actually tried to sell me a deluxe edition after that match was shocking. Not a good look. I'm a lot more iffy on this game than I was before E3.

Lol look at the controls man, fast camera is LB

Mark IV helmet check

Mark V armor check

Mark V helmet :(

Halo 2 battle rifle check

Halo Combat Evolved magnum check

Gold visor check

http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff382/zombieusagi/Usagi%20in%20Wonderland/gameover_zps6kp7dqrh.gif[/lMG]

Yeah now I have everything that I wanted to get unlocked so Halo 5 it's pretty much over for me in terms of unlocking stuff and long sessions of gameplay, I'm not going to stop playing of course but the time that I will spent on the game is going to be reduced with games like Battlefield 1, Titanfall 2, Call of Duty [SPOILER]Modern Warfare Remastered of course[/SPOILER] etc but I will never stop playing the MP is amazing and Halo is my favorite franchise of all time but yeah

P.S Frank/Tashi where are the Firefight E3 news? :/[/QUOTE]
You were playing long sessions just to unlock stuff?

E3 would of been a great way to remind people "remember that game you bought and set it down? Look at this huge free update." Not even a 60, second trailer for June update. Damn.

H5 will be dad by the end of November. Warzone is still pretty popular but arena is...lol. halfway into June and only 40k gamertags have logged a single game of slayer.

I wake up at 8:30 everyday and try to start streaming at 9. It takes 5+ minutes to find a game in slayer/FFA minimum. Usually the matches are very uneven and/or laggy (usually Europeans at this time). It's hard being a halo fan right now. Think I'll be switching to cod4 on Nov 4th.

Also LOL at hw2 having DLC planned 9 months from launch. The only reason h5 isn't a graveyard is the free support. Now they are backtracking?

singhr1

E3 would of been a great way to remind people "remember that game you bought and set it down? Look at this huge free update." Not even a 60, second trailer for June update. Damn.

H5 will be dad by the end of November. Warzone is still pretty popular but arena is...lol. halfway into June and only 40k gamertags have logged a single game of slayer.

I wake up at 8:30 everyday and try to start streaming at 9. It takes 5+ minutes to find a game in slayer/FFA minimum. Usually the matches are very uneven and/or laggy (usually Europeans at this time). It's hard being a halo fan right now. Think I'll be switching to cod4 on Nov 4th.

Also LOL at hw2 having DLC planned 9 months from launch. The only reason h5 isn't a graveyard is the free support. Now they are backtracking?

How would you implement REQ/Cosmetic system for an RTS? Like I don't like season passes as much as the next guy but what other alternative do you have? You can just do this shit for free.

No Prometheans in Halo Wars at launch and the 343i devs drops the "6 months of support" line afterwards, which kinda indicates that they could be a DLC faction. This is how Creative Assembly treated their last game, aswell. The most requested faction was paid DLC.

Really disappointing.

Like the flood, introducing a playable Promethean class would be a ton of work in order to fit within the rock-paper-scissors gameplay they've set up. You would need to invent ground vehicles and more air vehicles. The dynamic of the infantry units are there but that's like it. You could just set them up in hijacked UNSC/covenant and give them like a mix of both and maybe that could work? I don't know. I hope they don't make it DLC if they do.

Any way to get passed HW2 Main menu freeze glitch? I havent had chance to play HW2 because of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHalMh0IrqA

Took me a few tries and this video helped. MCC part 2. I just press start wait 1 second and then spam the B button.

What if the Forge team becomes the team handling support for halo 5 MP after FireFight update?

Send them to MCC. With how well that team has been about Forge updates, MCC would be fixed in a week.

What if the Forge team becomes the team handling support for halo 5 MP after FireFight update?

That's what I'm thinking. By now all the engineneers and artists/modelers etc are moving on to H6. I'm guessing most of the new updates will be small ui/balance tweaks along with some forge maps for MM.

Forge NEEDS another overhaul for halo 6. 343 relies on teams of people making 80k a year to make a map over several months. When in fact there's thousands of people who will do it for free, and be happy about it. Add AI and expand scripting so the community can make our own quasi Spartan ops missions. Sell them for 20k reqs/$1. Some kind of verification system so we can make our own skins like CS. 343 should focus on designing the game, overall how it feels along with a solid campaign and become more of a moderator.

Minecraft sold 100mil copies because people love creating things with 100% freedom, valve doesn't really make video games anymore. GIVE THE COMMUNITY MORE TOOLS.

How would you implement REQ/Cosmetic system for an RTS? Like I don't like season passes as much as the next guy but what other alternative do you have? You can just do this shit for free.

True, for me I was in the solid maybe camp for HW2. Now with this news, unless they polish the hell outta HW2 for the next beta it's a no go for me.

I'm sure they could put in skins, voice overs/dialogue, different building paint jobs etc etc. There already using the same ranking system why not bring over REQs?

nillapuddin

GI.biz: Does Scorpio upscale those older games to 4K if you have a TV to play in 4K?

Spencer: So a couple things happen. Even on the Xbox One S, if it's plugged into a 4K TV, it is going to upscale the picture to 4K. It doesn't touch the pixels of the game. It just upscales everything. The video it supports is obviously true 4K. It has true 4K video streaming in Blu-ray. There are games that were written on Xbox One, and we continue to evangelize this tech of dynamic scaling - Halo 5's a good example - when Halo 5 runs it wants to max out at 1080p/60 frames per second or highest resolution/60 frames per second. As scenes get more complex, the vertical resolution will shrink... to keep the 60 frames per second. When that same game's running on Scorpio, because of the compute capability, it's effectively is going to run at its max resolution the whole time. And so you will see advantages like that when your Xbox One games are running on Scorpio. So that's why we continue to talk to developers about dynamic scaling because I think as compute capability goes up on the hardware, they kind of get it for free. Now, it's not going to make Halo 5 run with 4K pixels. The frame buffer is not a 4K frame buffer for the game. But it will run more solidly. And certain developers might go back and decide if they've built a 4K version for PC already for some of their games, they might go back and decide to enable a 4K version for the Scorpio Xbox when it launches.

The change between old cutter and new cutter is so jarring. When I saw the trailer I was actually confused whether that was Cutter or some other dude with a Spirit of Fire uniform.

Edit: I thought Anders looked pretty close until I looked her up on Google just yet. I totally get the whitewashing comment now someone made earlier.

Toa TAK

Banned
The change between old cutter and new cutter is so jarring. When I saw the trailer I was actually confused whether that was Cutter or some other dude with a Spirit of Fire uniform.

Edit: I thought Anders looked pretty close until I looked her up on Google just yet. I totally get the whitewashing comment now someone made earlier.

Cutters looks a lot younger.

But I can forgive it if it's due to the mocap. For him and Anders.

nillapuddin

Gonna be an interesting year and a half. lol

Anyone here gonna buy an S model?
Yes it is, yes it is.

If I didnt have an Elite model, I would buy an S.

Im advising two friends of mine who arent Day Zero Scorpio purchasers, to get an S.

H3A4KVR w/ H5MP4K 2017 LOLWTFBBQ

Akai__

Guess I was wrong and right at the same time. Post.

Like the flood, introducing a playable Promethean class would be a ton of work in order to fit within the rock-paper-scissors gameplay they've set up. You would need to invent ground vehicles and more air vehicles. The dynamic of the infantry units are there but that's like it. You could just set them up in hijacked UNSC/covenant and give them like a mix of both and maybe that could work? I don't know. I hope they don't make it DLC if they do.

Not saying it will happen. It just sounded like that to me and CA has pulled that stuff already. I realize that would be quite some work, but at the same time it's pretty disappointing that Prometheans have 1 vehicle, which is the Phaeton.

Edit: Anyone try inviting someone to play in Halo Wars?

Yup. You can invite prior to searching.

link1201

I'm thinking of getting an S model to have a One in my living room and office. I think the 4k player bring included clinched it for me.

Top Bottom