• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Is the thing just photoshopped or something?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHzi1pA2z3s

when its actually in motion its the old splash

Because that's the update we have. If you go to the new features the new title in there (2min14s)

Also, smh 343.
343's communication is really bad lol
Whey did they tease us about new update and E3 and then they don't have nothing to show there? I know maybe it was MS decision, but they should have stated that wouldn't be H5 news at E3. Or maybe we are all tards

Lol.. Why even have bravo on the xbox daily then?

So many hearts are going to be crushed when he mentions nothing about halo 5 and walks off stage.

I think the build up to having firefight be the biggest update ever for halo 5 contributed to my hype. Especially since it was releasing at the end of June. E3 month no less....

I mean to me, it made logical sense to reveal all the goodness at the biggest, most watched even for xbox. What do i know though.

BizzyBum

I mean, I knew we weren't going to hear or see anything about Halo 6 or H3A, but it woulda been nice to give a quick glimpse or tease at what's planned for the second half of the year for 5.

That and maybe a surprise PC port of MCC or something.

I thought maybe something along the lines of the image they posted of all the updates to come up until Warzone Firefight a few months back, but instead with future promises. Like many suspect I can't imagine the support further will be as frequent.

pieface

It's our fault. We expect too much.

I want BTB maps. That is not expecting too much. Not stupid completely rubbish Warzone BS. Fuck your REQ points and packs you so desperately want to sell 343.

BTB has been a crucial part of Halo since Halo CE. The way 343 have completely neglected it is fucking annoying.

Biggest gaming event of the year. Biggest halo 5 update and not even a quick montage or teaser about it at E3... Who on earth is in charge of the PR department? This is not how you maintain interest in your flagship game. Wow. Just wow and totally speechless. I don't believe it was wrong to get our hopes up about some small tidbit news about halo 5 at all. Someone just massively dropped the ball. Oh well. All you can say is GG sadly.

Your arm is broken

image.php

No, it's better having people talking about shit on Xbox Daily

Man this ranking system pisses me off, 343 you want me to play arena and invest in Halo esports right? So I've given up on grinding slayer gold at all and I focus on Arena Plat 3 grinding back to diamond where I feel games are more balanced and about where my skill and connection should have me...

Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png

Besides pushing my team and solo performance to the best of my abilities the ranking in this game confuses me. Here we see my teammates take the top 3 positions in our team, literally they only won, capped the flag off my carrying or support in kills/defence. I just don't understand objective or slayer ranking processes/logic at all in H5.

I killed way more (only positive guy on our team), I assisted 2nd best, I returned way more and best in game, I defended the most, I flag grabbed 2nd best, I destroyed their flag carrier time and time again while also outperforming the only diamond I've been matched up against in awhile. The game was literally the enemy's diamond versus me.

SMH at this fucked up team ranking and team positioning system. It's broke as fuck. Also this was a party of 4 versus randoms.

So let us look at ranking in another flag game in Arena last night...team wins only strikes again (still SMH). Oh look I outperformed the same diamond enemy and party of 4:

Screenshot-Original.png

How about we look at a slayer game last night instead (damned team wins only strikes again despite best performance in game):

Screenshot-Original.png

At least WZ gave me some joy last night:

Screenshot-Original.png

I'm kinda torn. On the one hand, I really enjoyed HW1, and now that the beta is actually... you know, launchable, I really wanna try it out. On the other hand, I never even touched the multi, and as a rule strictly avoid it in all my RTS. Hmm.

I'm kinda torn. On the one hand, I really enjoyed HW1, and now that the beta is actually... you know, launchable, I really wanna try it out. On the other hand, I never even touched the multi, and as a rule strictly avoid it in all my RTS. Hmm.

The game still needs a lot of work but the foundation is solid and fun and I say this a a player that spent tons of hours on the first one and considers HW1 as one his favorite games of all time, the potential is there

IVE FIGURED IT OUT

- MS now emphasizes MAU (monthly active users) and uses that as its metric for success
- Halo 5 has a low population, and thus a low MAU
- MS doesn't want to spent effort pushing H5 anymore
- this results in no H5 at E3. MS has given up
- Phil Spencer gets in bed with Rod Furguson instead
- Frankie sheds a single tear

In conclusion:

Halo is dad

Btb pistol starts

IVE FIGURED IT OUT

- MS now emphasizes MAU (monthly active users) and uses that as its metric for success

In conclusion:

Halo is dad

Btb pistol starts

ROFL LMAO

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
IVE FIGURED IT OUT

In conclusion:

Halo is dad

Btb pistol starts

:(

Frankie probably hates us lol
Haha very possible. Everyone loves Frankie. I'm just baffled by what is going on behind the scenes and I imagine a lot of it is out of his control. I will stick to beating my dead horse. We need server improvements. Forge maps, loads of them. And a solo queue. I'm not particularly fond of the ranking system at the moment, but the other things are more important right now.

Top Bottom