• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Like I've said, they need to take notes from Halo Wars 2.

You say that like every single look in all the Bungie games was GOAT tier. They widened the number of helmets and armors; it was inevitable there were gonna be stinkers, but there's also plenty of pretty damn cool looks.

What they really need is some quality control to prevent stuff like H5's MK V from happening :p

Akai__

I saw that. I THINK its just new faction leaders and their own leader-specific units like we've had already.

If its an entire new faction im gonna be disappointed. Personally, I wasn't going to play multiplayer much anyway, but still a shitty thing to do.

Even that is terrible enough. But yeah, I'll probably not care about MP that much. I will try it out, but my focus will be on campaign of HW2 and HW1 Remaster this time arround. Will also wait for further news and the 2nd Beta.

Maybe they need to go back to art school.

You can also blame Liquid Development and Airborn Studios for those terrible designs. Liquid Devlopment already designed terrible armor like Scanner for Halo 4 and worked on some of the Halo 5 ones like that Defender Fortress. Other armor, like the Decimator or the Mark V, are from Airborn Studios.

I wish they'd go back to expansion packs for RTS games. The model worked for so damn long... just package your new faction with a new campaign (doesn't even have to be the same length!), and nobody'll mind.

Even that is terrible enough. But yeah, I'll probably not care about MP that much. I will try it out, but my focus will be on campaign of HW2 and HW1 Remaster this time arround. Will also wait for further news and the 2nd Beta.

You can also blame Liquid Development and Airborn Studios for those terrible designs. Liquid Devlopment already designed terrible armor like Scanner for Halo 4 and worked on some of the Halo 5 ones like that Defender Fortress. Other armor, like the Decimator or the Mark V, are from Airborn Studios.

Wait, 343 don't design their own game character armour? Wow.

singhr1

Not always. But some of the armors/assets are designed/concept-ed at 343i but outsource the 3D rendering of them to these companies that sole purpose are to help studios out. Like you can look at the work these companies do for many games, it's nothing new.

TCKaos

I'm not sure about Halo 5, but for Halo 4 they designed all of the armor and then handed the designs off to other studios to be modeled. IIRC the only armor they actually modeled was the Warrior armor, since that was at one point the default armor.

Not always. But some of the armors/assets are designed/concept-ed at 343i but outsource the 3D rendering of them to these companies that sole purpose are to help studios out. Like you can look at the work these companies do for many games, it's nothing new.

I should also clarify that this is true. Like, way more games than people realize are doing this. It's nothing new or shocking.

Now this is Halo

GVywxX6.png

Say hello to my new wallpaper!

You say that like every single look in all the Bungie games was GOAT tier. They widened the number of helmets and armors; it was inevitable there were gonna be stinkers, but there's also plenty of pretty damn cool looks.

What they really need is some quality control to prevent stuff like H5's MK V from happening :p

Of course there will be some stinkers, but the general art style has been irking me lately. The one thing I loved about how Bungie designs their armor is that they factor in functionality, which is what kept it more grounded and militaristic. Now I don't know what 343i is doing, but it's certainly not that. The best example I can think of is the transformation of the HAZOP helmet (the one of the left is 343i's version from Halo 4 and the right Bungie's version from Halo: Reach).

Personally, I don't like how the art style has shifted from practical to fantasy, because there is absolutely no way a visor like that would ever be used. How the hell are they supposed to look through that? They sacrificed function for stark differences in their armor. Now, sometimes 343i does consider function in their armor, like with Blue Team or Fireteam Osiris's designs (which were overall pretty good), but they seem to drop that quality control from the singleplayer for quantity in the multiplayer so they can cram as much content into those REQ packs as possible.

nillapuddin

Im gunna do this just one more time because I hate myself on the inside

8ISb60P.png

IF IT AINT BROKE

I would even sacrifice true purity for this

But in all honesty, god is dead. our mk v savior is never to return.

I am officially announcing, that I, nillapuddin, lifetime advocate of only 2 things, kick ass forge and mk v helmets.

is denouncing the goat, for mk iv

praise be mk iv, mk iv is love, mk iv is life.

for without it, I would have nothing.

The Mark VI helmet looks so much better than anything else in the game. Can't believe you guys waste time running around with the Mr. Potato Head helmet. That being said I love the indomitable helmet. So good.

Madness

I think I am running MK V with Noble armor. Just waiting till I get the MK IV helmet. Gold grind brutal. So much ultra rare redundant and useless junk before the the good legendary/mythic stuff.

Mistel

Banned
The Mark VI helmet looks so much better than anything else in the game. Can't believe you guys waste time running around with the Mr. Potato Head helmet. That being said I love the indomitable helmet. So good.
Most of the Reach style armor avoid the issues of art direction within respective studios other than the Decimator which transfered poorly for what was the simplest design of the group.

I've just finished my gold packs two days ago and my halo 5 life has lost all meaning with having nothing more to unlock

tumblr_inline_nacak94YM81r53rlu.jpg

the wait for FireFight is even more painful now ;_;

Most of the Reach style armor avoid the issues of art direction within respective studios other than the Decimator which transfered poorly for what was the simplest design of the group.

Reach was GOAT Tier

also, are we going to see 343 change (again) Chief with MK. VII armor?

Second also, i thought all of the maps would have a remix?

I've just finished my gold packs two days ago and my halo 5 life has lost all meaning with having nothing more to unlock

tumblr_inline_nacak94YM81r53rlu.jpg

the wait for FireFight is even more painful now ;_;

I'll send you my account. Rank 30 something. Still have a lot more packs to earn and open.

Reminds me, should I save Gold packs from HW2 Beta/is there a risk of unopened packs disappearing?

I think 1 game was enough for me. :) But it feels like a great rts. I think I'd have more fun playing it on a PC though. Just more comfortable to me. Will i buy it on PC? IDK, im spoiled by warcraft 3/ sc 2 and the units providing me unique detail and character.
Well. It is a Play Anywhere title. If you buy digitally, you can enjoy it on both platforms!

Can't fucking stand vehicles. Dumbass teammates have killed me so many times in only 2 games of wz assault. Or removed my shields so that I instantly get 1 shot.

Don't expect much for the Friday update. It'll probably be talking about e3, proleague, and have a little snippet of the update.

Next Friday will have way more details + a date for the live stream reveal, which will be the week after that (probably the 27th or 28th), and the update will probably be on the 29th or 30th.

Just trying to make thtings realistic.

btb pistol starts

Don't expect much for the Friday update. It'll probably be talking about e3, proleague, and have a little snippet of the update.

Next Friday will have way more details + a date for the live stream reveal, which will be the week after that (probably the 27th or 28th), and the update will probably be on the 29th or 30th.

btb pistol starts

You are right.

17th includes the req/content tease
24th full reveal and stream date of the 28th
28th live stream
29/30th update goes live.

link1201

btb pistol starts

Don't take away my dreams and hopes it's all I have.
I'm a Cleveland Browns fan :'(

Top Bottom