• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

This is a little bit off topic but I wanted to share with you that my Spanish re Stream of the E3 Xbox press conference was a total success I had over 3K people watching it this is by far my most successful Stream ever (in terms of viewers) :)

pOjESso.png

This is a little bit off topic but I wanted to share with you that my Spanish re Stream of the E3 Xbox press conference was a total success I had over 3K people watching it this is by far my most successful Stream ever (in terms of viewers) :)

pOjESso.png
Live translation streams could be a huge niche.

Nice work!

TCKaos

Why Whale? What's behind that joke? lol

Whale is the industry term for a small number if individuals that spend large sums of money on individual titles, commonly used to reference targets of Free-to-play or microtransaction based schemes.

It's because a small percent of any given population spends a disproportionately large amount of money on those microtransactions.

If making a standard product is akin to fishing, then making a product with microtransactions is akin to whaling, where you're get fewer overall catches but each individual catch is infinitely more profitable.

Whale is the industry term for a small number if individuals that spend large sums of money on individual titles, commonly used to reference targets of Free-to-play or microtransaction based schemes.

It's because a small percent of any given population spends a disproportionately large amount of money on those microtransactions.

If making a standard product is akin to fishing, then making a product with microtransactions is akin to whaling, where you're get fewer overall catches but each individual catch is infinitely more profitable.

Solid explanation. I didn't know this. Thank you!

Fuchsdh

Tl;dr version: every game needs its Speedy.

I too have spent over $100 . Thats including reqs on top of the legendary edition i got at launch.

The 70 usd sku i believe.

Anywho, Friday will reignite our inner spartan abilities!!

We shall rise again and play
warzone firefight on escape from arc

Welfare

How do you have NOTHING prepared for E3? What?

If this update is so huge, just show the freaking content you moved from Hog Wild plus some Firefight, and then later show off the rest of the update.

Nothing. Wow.

Madness

If Halo Wars 2 takes place after H5 why did I just see Bungie's old UNSC logo? I always liked it more than the new american eagle with block lettering and shield.

If Halo Wars 2 takes place after H5 why did I just see Bungie's old UNSC logo? I always liked it more than the new american eagle with block lettering and shield.

Because it's from the Spirit of Fire, they have been floating on space for 28 years, thet have old tech

I dont understand why people hate ms so much on gaming side. Even when provided a video with clear and detailed facts, they still argue on the older misunderstandings...

The amount of hate is sometimes staggering to me.. Especially for xbox.

------

Anyway. Since my last game of halo 5, which was the most lopsided one i ever played, i havent touched it again. I have been waiting for the firefight content update to see what new maps we could get our hands on. Idk how the fire burned out of me.. Halo is my most beloved franchise and game. <3

I know tashi is lurking and i bet he wants to say something.. Comn tashi, spill the beans!!!

Frankie wont narc on you. :p

Trup1aya

I dont understand why people hate ms so much on gaming side. Even when provided a video with clear and detailed facts, they still argue on the older misunderstandings...

MS has done some fucked up things in the past, now people have a strong sense of confirmation bias that they can't shake regardless of what MS does. That coupled with a fair amount of willful ignorance and you get "gaming side".

MS has done some fucked up things in the past, now people have a strong sense of confirmation bias that they can't shake regardless of what MS does. That coupled with a fair amount of willful ignorance and you get "gaming side".

Its tough sometimes.. Like a positive good thing barly get 3 pages... Something rumored and maybe negative? 50+

Madness

MS has pretty much made all the right moves since their 180. The amount of hate they get is crazy and gaming side is a joke for it. There is literally nothing they can do that won't be spun into a negative.

"Why does MS push 4k so much, no one will even have 4K televisions when Scorpio comes" etc.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member

------

Fuck the gaming side.

Defect

I don't understand this fucking game. We get matched against 3 champs in breakout (which I'm fine with because they sucked) and we get two teammates who are there but go afk and wander around the starting area so we can lose.

I don't get how I keep getting put into matches where I go 20 and 5 and my team goes 3-17, sometimes worse.

The SBMM is fucked.

EDIT - Or how I can get put into a capture the flag match where nobody can play the fucking objective to save their lives but me. It's insane.

Man, if you dont consistently unlock REQ packs theres so much shit certs you have to get through to get armors or skins you want. Horrible for people that dont play warzone

Ugh finally unlocked the extended clip magnum lol. Only have the halo 2br, 1 SMG, and 3 dmr loadouts left of the loadout reqs. Thought it would never drop.

Also i played my 5 halo wars games. Had no idea what I was doing for the first game. 2nd game glitched before it even started and gave me a victory for it. 3rd game I was starting to understand the controls a little better but still lost because I sat around trying to build up an army. The 4th and 5th game I carried my teammate to a mostly easy win by immediately sending out troops to capture all the points. Just mass produced soldiers while trying to upgrade their abilities when possible and rotated the units around to recapture capture points when lost. The rushing tactic really does ruin any kind of strategy. Domination needs to last longer. Give teams 10000 tickets instead of 5000. That way players who use all their resources to immediately capture point in the beginning would likely be punished for it long term.

Akai__

Seems like EU folks will have to wait until Saturday at 4 or 5am for some Halo 5 news again like always. God bless America.

Like the flood, introducing a playable Promethean class would be a ton of work in order to fit within the rock-paper-scissors gameplay they've set up. [...] I don't know. I hope they don't make it DLC if they do.

Yay, DLC factions!

UGH

And there we have it:

The Halo Wars 2 Season Pass delivers regular content updates that span more than six months, including: new leaders with abilities that change the course of multiplayer battles, new units that add to your multiplayer arsenal, and a new campaign expansion featuring exclusive missions.

Source

singhr1

Seems like EU folks will have to wait until Saturday at 4 or 5am for some Halo 5 news again like always. God bless America.

And there we have it:

I saw that. I THINK its just new faction leaders and their own leader-specific units like we've had already.

If its an entire new faction im gonna be disappointed. Personally, I wasn't going to play multiplayer much anyway, but still a shitty thing to do.

I really don't have an issue with the season pass for HW 2. It's not like a FPS where they can offer skins and cosmetics to make a profit. Only issue I see is if there is a leader or ability that is extremely strong, it could be considered pay to win.

Like I've said, they need to take notes from Halo Wars 2.

A LOT of notes

Maybe they need to go back to art school.

Mk V is bad, they butchered something iconic. Their newer designs are overly busy or just downright awful. Then there's the REQ inflation, where they add lines that cannot be distinguished from the vanilla variant from more than 2 feet away. They need to fix this for Halo 6. Spartan armor, Prometheans and Forerunner architecture could all use a refresh or something more in line with Bungie's art style. Prometheans look like Bionicles rather than composed humans with forerunner aesthetics. Then there's Forerunner architecture, that is too Tron-like rather than ancient and mysterious. Multiplayer maps need more variety as well, I have no problem with 343's human industrial look, but they can't take up the majority of the map themes.

link1201

I'm so glad the maps/updated reqs have been free in Halo 5. I hope they keep doing that going forward in the main line games. I'm sure I've spent more via reqs than I would anyway with maps that I'd never get to play afterwards.

Top Bottom