• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

jfoul

I wasn't in day one, but I've been putting in my work. Can't say the same for a lot of the day one people.

Edit: it's not so much I even want the helmet. We have like 5 pages of requests to join, and at least 12 of the people are regulars here on HaloGaf that play constantly. If they're going to be active, I'd rather make room for them. At the end of the day, I'm just one admin. If the others feel differently, especially the leader, then I defer to them.

I would talk with other admins after the Firefight Update. If inactive members aren't playing during the week of a huge H5 update, they're probably not coming back.

Trup1aya

;D

Honestly I'm taking a mini break from Halo for a few days. Lack of E3 news to reinvigorate the fans hit me hard.

Same here, I played a few games this week, but I was disgruntled the whole time... All due to e3. Hopefully today's CU will get me in high spirits again
probably not though
. Otherwise I'll be playing with an attitude until Firefight drops.

Leyasu

Banned
;D

Honestly I'm taking a mini break from Halo for a few days. Lack of E3 news to reinvigorate the fans hit me hard.

They are busy overseeing halo 3 anni for Scorpios launch, and beavering away at halo 6tf...

After firefight, I don't expect much more in all honesty. For me the BTB and decent server dream is dead.

See you guys back on Halo 5 in a few days. Off to LV ComicCon.

BTW Halo Wars 2 Beta is pretty good. I wished they would let you spawn a massive Scarab in the Beta. Would've been epic to step on bad kids ;D

IHaveIce

Banned
I wasn't in day one, but I've been putting in my work. Can't say the same for a lot of the day one people.

Edit: it's not so much I even want the helmet. We have like 5 pages of requests to join, and at least 12 of the people are regulars here on HaloGaf that play constantly. If they're going to be active, I'd rather make room for them. At the end of the day, I'm just one admin. If the others feel differently, especially the leader, then I defer to them.
I'm just picking on you, fear not this is normal here in HaloGAF jus tpray you won't become my new Elzar.

All good brother, if you kick me I'll burn your country though

JackHerer

So I guess the dream is dead for continued support at the level we've seen so far past the summer. I understand why if this is the case, as it's probably not fiscally viable to put so much manpower into supporting a game with a dwindling population, but I'm still disappointed as a fan of the game.

I took a break from H5 to play other games about a month or so ago and was hoping that I would see something at e3 to get me excited to come back. Lack of maps in recent update put a damper on my enthusiasm to keep playing. Guess it's all hands on deck for H6 or H5: Spinoff or whatever they're working on next. Hopefully they launch a more feature complete game next time around so that the free content updates go more towards expanding the scope of the game rather than making up for lost ground.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
So I guess the dream is dead for continued support at the level we've seen so far past the summer. I understand why if this is the case, as it's probably not fiscally viable to put so much manpower into supporting a game with a dwindling population, but I'm still disappointed as a fan of the game.

i think you're jumping to conclusions. on multiple fronts.

You guys are so pessimistic!

Game is going to be a ghost town by next year.

I'm fairly certain H3A is real and that's where most of their resources are going to.

Q1 2017- HW2

Q4 2017- H3A (comes with beta access for H6)

H6 coming out in 2018 or 2019

You guys are so pessimistic!

Game is going to be a ghost town by next year.

I'm fairly certain H3A is real and that's where most of their resources are going to.

Q1 2017- HW2

Q4 2017- H3A (comes with beta access for H6)

H6 coming out in 2018 or 2019

People keep saying they want H3A but I feel like it would be unnecessary. H3A would be a massive waste of time and resources Imo. H3 used to be my favorite multiplayer of the series but H5 changed that.

I think 343 should focus on the future of Halo instead of taking many steps back. They made something really great with Halo 5, I want to see them build onto it without changing too much of the perfected core gameplay.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
A bit ago I decided: Stop whining, just get on and play.
Man, am I glad I did. Just won a Grifball match that almost went the distance time-wise and had 67 kills, 33 deaths, and one goal. It was a nail biter too, opposing team took the lead early on and we fought hard to come back. Lag seemed to be about even for both sides, there wasn't too much in the way of spawn trapping from either side... Not too many betrayals; I only got betrayed once by mistake and don't think I accidentally got anyone. It was a damn-good close match and both sides were damn good.
Got a Killtrocitiy on a score too, charged in swinging while a teammate had the ball, he got taken out and I cleared the field their side of foes and picked the ball up almost on the goal for a score.

That felt good and was a good way to kick off the morning. I might save that match and rewatch it at some point.

Good attitude to have.

People keep saying they want H3A but I feel like it would be unnecessary. H3A would be a massive waste of time and resources Imo. H3 used to be my favorite multiplayer of the series but H5 changed that.

I think 343 should focus on the future of Halo instead of taking many steps back. They made something really great with Halo 5, I want to see them build onto it without changing too much of the perfected core gameplay.

Unless there is a real plan to keep H5 alive with content, that is way to long for a proper numbered Halo to come out. H5 is really good but it needs love if they expect people to touch it after the fall.

link1201

Agreed. I feel we'll still get some good surprises with Halo 5.

What if Crackdown 3 has the Halo 6 beta?

I almost totalyl forgot crackdown had the h3 beta on it. haha

Then again, everyone was anticipating halo 3 and there was nothing bad lingering over bungie.

today is a different story unfortunetly. I imagine the beta will be free and open to all xbox/win10 pc players. Might be the first time they do cross play co-op for halo. It'll get people to use the Win10 store and a lot of networking data.

(lol - networking)

UKUMI0

What if Crackdown 3 has the Halo 6 beta?

Last we heard, Crackdown 3 was getting a beta this year (with a assumed full release next year). If they dev cycle for Halo 4 and Halo 5 carry over to Halo 6, we won't see Halo 6 until 2018, so that all lines up theoretically.

We also know every major Halo will get a beta, no idea if they'll attach it to a game (like basically every mainline Halo game's beta) or if they'll just make it open like Halo Wars 2.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
The problem is a good number of members just sat and collected the goods. Most don't even post here.

I have been playing here and there as I can. Busy week at work this week has limited me. Next week I should be back.

link1201

I would pay for a full on Title Update for H5. Even if it was just MP content.
I think with the req system they have a reason to continue support.

I wonder if the new hardware affects Halo 6's timeline at all. Maybe not since it's the same architecture???

AC7jONp.jpg

Big Team pistol starts?

People are saying it's Community Doubles, I guess that makes sense since the community Cartographers were gathering maps for that a while back.

I think with the req system they have a reason to continue support.

I wonder if the new hardware affects Halo 6's timeline at all. Maybe not since it's the same architecture???

I can almost guarantee Halo 6 will have a Scaleable engine. Might reflect more how APEX is or we will have a better idea when Halo 5 Forge releases on Win10.

We can't look over that comment from phil asking devs to make scaleable engines so they can have higher fidelity on better hardware.

i dont think it will affect the timeline because of what you said.

----

Now the more i think about it, im really excited for Halo 5 Forge when it comes to win10. Up to 4k res right? Yup, 343 already preparing to re-release halo 5 "DX 12 Scopio Edition" lolzz jk ........

Karl2177

I'm in for H3A only for the campaign. This is all my opinion, but no Halo game has come close to nailing action moments like Halo 3 did.

Karl2177

Also double post and all that, but remember that they announced lfg as a feature coming to Xbox live. Set up an lfg for Halo 5 customs and you now have an unofficial server browser.

I would talk with other admins after the Firefight Update. If inactive members aren't playing during the week of a huge H5 update, they're probably not coming back.

Think this is going to be the game plan.

We should all play Titanfall

I do love that game.

I'm just picking on you, fear not this is normal here in HaloGAF jus tpray you won't become my new Elzar.

All good brother, if you kick me I'll burn your country though

All good my dude. Nothing but good vibes.

Gringo's Choice, coming to a motion picture theatre near you.

I'd buy that for a dollar.

And to everyone posting why they haven't been active and that they'll play more, chill :p you guys are regulars that play frequently enough. The cross hairs aren't on you guys.

Top Bottom