• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

TitanFall 2 or Battlefield 1?

UlpMhKs.jpg

ACR0019

Picked H5 back up tonight after a long while. Felt OK, but I seemed to die JUST before killing the other guy about seven or eight times a game. Oh well, good to be back!

Wut?

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/SaMuRaI G0SU/video/18621161

We ground pounded eachother
lololllolololololololllllllll

Edit: ill get bf1 for sure. Ilo wait for reviews on titanfall2. Doesnt seem that different than 1 overall.
Gears 4 aslo is a must.

I wonder if other games will enable hdr if played on the one s. Like u get a patch for halo, or even quantum break, and maybe killer instinct, etc. I think scalebound and horizon 3 are the other two titles known to be hdr enabled.

EYEL1NER

Well when only like 12 of us are actively playing, progress is bound to be slow.
I play less frequently than the regular nightly matches I was doing for a while so I do feel a bit guilty when I get on and see two or three new company commendation packs. I know ExWife and a couple of you other guys are really doing a lot. I even went through and looked at the service record of most everyone in the SC, hoping to find some really low-ranked people who looked like they hadn't been on in months to make myself feel better, but nope, it was a ton of SR100+ people with +5 KDAs in Arena. There was a good couple weeks where I was barely on and I have been trying to play more, but if people are joking about someone who will be gone for a week getting booted, I definintly have to be scared for my spot in the Company when I go to SE Asia for three weeks next month. I went through my commendations last night trying to find something I could have contributed but I never get Spartan Charge kills, not many headshots, no jacking of vehicles... I've noticed in Warzone and WZ Assault that while I am only getting four kills, I am getting like 20 assists, so if there is a company commendation for those, I might have put some numbers on the board.

Sigh, I need to play more... When I am on at night, I try to go through and view the gamercards of some of the regulars to see if anyone is online and playing but lately my gaming sessions haven't been synced up with anyone else's.

The problem is a good number of members just sat and collected the goods. Most don't even post here.

I'm pretty sure that the majority of the hardcore fans will return to the game when Firefight arrives, that's one of the reasons of why I'm disappointed with the lack of H5 E3 news, also yeah the people that don't even post here anymore are a serious problem

I'm pretty sure that the majority of the hardcore fans will return to the game when Firefight arrives, that's one of the reasons of why I'm disappointed with the lack of H5 E3 news, also yeah the people that don't even post here anymore are a serious problem

I just feel like Spartan Companies are communities. If you're not active in the community, you shouldn't reap the rewards. I'm not going to pull the trigger on removing anyone yet, but I am making note of who posts and who plays.

EYEL1NER

I post every now and then, far less than I read the thread (I'm subbed to it and check any bumped subbed threads every time I get on GAF, which means I am pretty much checking this thread every time I come to GAF), but I post. And I get play time in. I know for sure I'll be playing Firefight a ton when it comes out too, I'm still very excited about that (assuming they didn't decrease the amount of REQ points you get from the FF beta). So maybe I shouldn't be super-worried about getting the boot.

Ade

I just feel like Spartan Companies are communities. If you're not active in the community, you shouldn't reap the rewards. I'm not going to pull the trigger on removing anyone yet, but I am making note of who posts and who plays.

I rarely post, but I play, as I'm sure you've seen

EYEL1NER

A bit ago I decided: Stop whining, just get on and play.
Man, am I glad I did. Just won a Grifball match that almost went the distance time-wise and had 67 kills, 33 deaths, and one goal. It was a nail biter too, opposing team took the lead early on and we fought hard to come back. Lag seemed to be about even for both sides, there wasn't too much in the way of spawn trapping from either side... Not too many betrayals; I only got betrayed once by mistake and don't think I accidentally got anyone. It was a damn-good close match and both sides were damn good.
Got a Killtrocitiy on a score too, charged in swinging while a teammate had the ball, he got taken out and I cleared the field their side of foes and picked the ball up almost on the goal for a score.

That felt good and was a good way to kick off the morning. I might save that match and rewatch it at some point.

EDIT: And on that note: Saving a clip in the theater just requires bookmarking it? That is all I need to do and it should be stored wherever for future viewing?

EDIT 2: Welp, found the answer for myself. Apparently the theater viewer doesn't save clips in Halo 5 and I have to use the Xbone record function. So I would need to go into my option and set the DVR to record long enough to get the whole 12 minutes, play the clip in the theater, record the whole thing, go to the clip in the Xbone DVR app, and save it there so it won't expire. Eh, seems like too much trouble to go through; I'll just have to save the memories of the match instead.

Dude I don't remember you from the time when we were grinding for the armor and now you are SC admin.. chill

I wasn't in day one, but I've been putting in my work. Can't say the same for a lot of the day one people.

Edit: it's not so much I even want the helmet. We have like 5 pages of requests to join, and at least 12 of the people are regulars here on HaloGaf that play constantly. If they're going to be active, I'd rather make room for them. At the end of the day, I'm just one admin. If the others feel differently, especially the leader, then I defer to them.

Top Bottom