• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Honestly im at the point where im excited for firefight, but if theres really nothing else coming besides some QOL updates for the foreseeable future, i know i wont be on h5 for much longer.

The big monthly updates are whats keeping me coming back

If you love the game we can some games then.

Guess I'll have to play doubles!
Are the maps good?

And I bet today will be a very late blog or Bravo already has some work done...

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
quick impressions of maps (in ascending order):

malta - confusing layout. generally towards the end of a map i get the flow and movement, where i feel safe, where i dont, but i never did on this map. also, and probably related to my confusion, it aint pretty sporting only whites/greys/blacks. this will likely change as i learn it, but its easily my least favorite so far

hanger - felt fairly solid, though the room near where the sniper spawns could definitely be OP. its also near camo.

optic prison - the map fly by shows camo, overshield, speed boost, and damage boost.... uh wtf is this shit!? it actually seems to play really well though. very much reminds me of an old school CE style map. played on it twice against terrible players, so opinion may change against others not wood tier.

cobalt - i think i love this map. again, very CE feeling to it with all the jumps and movement. think chill out and damnation, but not really like either. the halo 5 abilities feel great here.

I'm in for H3A only for the campaign. This is all my opinion, but no Halo game has come close to nailing action moments like Halo 3 did.

The campaign is one of my favs as well, I wouldn't mind them updating just the campaign. And maybe releasing H3 maps for H5.

I wonder if the H3 would be just as good with H5 mechanics.

ryan299

quick impressions of maps (in ascending order):

malta - confusing layout. generally towards the end of a map i get the flow and movement, where i feel safe, where i dont, but i never did on this map. also, and probably related to my confusion, it aint pretty sporting only whites/greys/blacks. this will likely change as i learn it, but its easily my least favorite so far

hanger - felt fairly solid, though the room near where the sniper spawns could definitely be OP. its also near camo.

optic prison - the map fly by shows camo, overshield, speed boost, and damage boost.... uh wtf is this shit!? it actually seems to play really well though. very much reminds me of an old school CE style map. played on it twice against terrible players, so opinion may change against others not wood tier.

cobalt - i think i love this map. again, very CE feeling to it with all the jumps and movement. think chill out and damnation, but not really like either. the halo 5 abilities feel great here.

Just played Optic Prison and its garbage.

op_ivy

Just played Optic Prison and its garbage.

i had a lot of fun against garbage tier enemies. oh, one major issue though, all the rock edges to clamber to. attention forgers, rock ledges don't work great to clamber on. use something else

I'm surprised how smooth it is to play even on US/AU dedis now for me. Maybe something magical happened?

Also I might be dumb, but I just realized the file browser link image on waypoint is a Halo Wars base?

ITwWoEY.png

Ramirez

Like I said, the last time I purged, I didn't even have enough people to refill it. Threatening to remove people at this point just seems silly, lol.

I will be checking out this Doubles playlist, they dragged their feet on Forge playlists way too long though.

op_ivy

really like hazard and purple reign too, but for the love of christ, remove the plasma caster! such a bullshit weapon now!

So played the doubles playlist... Mostly enjoyed it. Optic Prison, despite being inundated with powerups, actually played quite tactically. Was bloody good fun!

op_ivy

started the campaign over again for the first time in months. i know views are split, but i love it. got legit nerd chills during the intro.

singhr1

Think I prefer domination to deathmatch in Halo Wars, my match passed the hour mark and I had to go.

Definitely a place for both like the devs were saying earlier. I'm glad there's some modes that are just pick up and play for 15-30 min while there are others that require that time investment.

Building up an army in deathmatch is still satisfying as fuck. I was getting obliterated with both of the opposing team's Vulture rush while my teammate was taking out their bases. I survived long enough for them to finally retreat and protect home base but it was a little too late :)

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Definitely a place for both like the devs were saying earlier. I'm glad there's some modes that are just pick up and play for 15-30 min while there are others that require that time investment.

Building up an army in deathmatch is still satisfying as fuck. I was getting obliterated with both of the opposing team's Vulture rush while my teammate was taking out their bases. I survived long enough for them to finally retreat and protect home base but it was a little too late :)

Yeah, if I was able to communicate with my teammate it would have helped. Had them on the ropes and my teammate failed to go in for the kill.

op_ivy

twitch.tv/halo

fucking penguin making a play with the rockets i do from time to time
shot the corner of a wall in front of him, killing himself

:headsmack

op_ivy

wow, clg ran away with it at the end there. snakebite going off. you owuldnt know it was relatively close for 85% of the match at that final score...

Top Bottom