• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Glass

A ninja emote for an emblem would be amazing.

Hell, just make org emblems. Instant cash made.

343/Halo could make waves by being the first game to offer in game versions of streamers emotes, either as emblems or stickers for guns.

But yeah, a lot of money to be made if they implement team skins and more well.

BraXzy

343/Halo could make waves by being the first game to offer in game versions of streamers emotes, either as emblems or stickers for guns.

But yeah, a lot of money to be made if they implement team skins and more well.

I hope they don't do a "HCS Teams Skin Pack" which is a lucky dip.

I'd hope they do one for each team separate? If I'm supporting EG, I don't want a Renegades skin and vice versa.

I hope they don't do a "HCS Teams Skin Pack" which is a lucky dip.

I'd hope they do one for each team separate? If I'm supporting EG, I don't want a Renegades skin and vice versa.

They might do the path where there is one Pack containing all of the team skins. And they are only for the AR.....

The more i think about it, the more i think it will be this way :((
It would be super easy for them to just launch one pack at one price with all of the skins. $19.99.

Less than four silver packs to go, or so i thought, and all of a sudden I start unlocking more rare emblems. Great... guess I still have a bunch more packs to unlock before im done with silvers and there is no way to know how many. This game trolls hard. Its 1:12 pm cdt and warzone assault still sucks ass.

On a side note, I like when you've had the halo 5 start menu screen on long enough that the grunt floats by. Would have been awesome if they had put him saying random goofy lines each time. Missed opportunity right there.

Less than four silver packs to go, or so i thought, and all of a sudden I start unlocking more rare emblems. Great... guess I still have a bunch more packs to unlock before im done with silvers and there is no way to know how many. This game trolls hard. Its 1:12 pm cdt and warzone assault still sucks ass.

On a side note, I like when you've had the halo 5 start menu screen on long enough that the grunt floats by. Would have been awesome if they had put him saying random goofy lines each time. Missed opportunity right there.

He does say something - on his 3rd flyby.

BraXzy

They might do the path where there is one Pack containing all of the team skins. And they are only for the AR.....

The more i think about it, the more i think it will be this way :((
It would be super easy for them to just launch one pack at one price with all of the skins. $19.99.

They're a business and selling bundles of stuff makes more money so I expect something along those lines, I'd just prefer if it didn't. Makes sense in a way to do a bundle so it's supporting all the teams and you can pick and choose who you rep though, and I suppose it saves having 16+ different REQ packs for sale.

They're a business and selling bundles of stuff makes more money so I expect something along those lines, I'd just prefer if it didn't. Makes sense in a way to do a bundle so it's supporting all the teams and you can pick and choose who you rep though, and I suppose it saves having 16+ different REQ packs for sale.

Did BraXzy just agree with me!?

*gasp

Karl2177

Are you using the spreadsheet to figure out what you have versus what you have left?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I blew up Warden then hopped on a jump ramp and ground pounded down on the tank that was competing with me for a little board & bomb. Beautiful 1-2-Win moment. Though, I've done that jump ramp into ground pound move on so many tanks in Noctus. Not a smart place to park.

So a few days ago I found the footprint of a Elite in one park!

i5FYYDs.jpg

The park name is "Parque de los Ciervos" or "Park of the Deers" I was just there exploring when I saw this and I immediately thought this must be the footprint of a Elite hahaha what do you think guys? let me tell you it was huge

So a few days ago I found the footprint of a Elite in one park!

i5FYYDs.jpg

The park name is "Parque de los Ciervos" or "Park of the Deers" I was just there exploring when I saw this and I immediately thought this must be the footprint of a Elite hahaha what do you think guys? let me tell you it was huge

Sorry to break it to you, but that's a Sasquatch footprint.

Trup1aya

Only 8 NA teams.... geeeezus. Tbh I think 12 is the right number.

Nevertheless it seems we get 3 lans total from this? Not bad... Plus the online tournaments will still be nice. And we could easily get another season with a similar structure to close out 2016. If not that is a huuuuge gap between the end of July and 2017 Worlds...

Overall good stuff 343 :)

I'm cool with 8, the looming threat of elimination for the bottom 2 from the open circuit should mean constant drama. I think I love the way this is set up.

Lies!

Im spreadsheet illiterate lol. Can you link to the download? I'm on my phone at the moment but can try it later when I get home.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...TCIGhKh2S8fwSQxwhreYsG0TWY/edit#gid=639058737

You can use this tutorial here - https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/47pczo/req_progress_tracker_utility/
It's a script that lets you copy all the information from Waypoint and just paste them on Excel
It's really easy. If you need help say something!

Glass

Just spent some monies on REQ packs in appreciation of the Pro League news, and it makes me think when crowdfunding comes back it should be announced as an incentive since there's a bunch of people out there like me who'd buy things again. Maybe it could coincide with the team skin packs dropping.

Trup1aya

Pro league sounds so nice...

Who would have thought that an RNG based, moderately unbalanced, casual minded game mode would be the best thing to ever happen to competitive Halo.

Thank you based whales
Thank you based gambling addicts
Thank you based elusive DMR req

IHaveIce

Banned
Just spent some monies on REQ packs in appreciation of the Pro League news, and it makes me think when crowdfunding comes back it should be announced as an incentive since there's a bunch of people out there like me who'd buy things again. Maybe it could coincide with the team skin packs dropping.

yeah Che responded to one of my tweets and said there will be a message when crowdfunding is back, but it will be at the fall season most likely.

Hopefully a tournament is at gamescom

Pro league sounds so nice...

Who would have thought that an RNG based, moderatelt unbalanced, casual minded game mode would be the best thing to ever happen to competitive Halo.

Thank you based whales
Thank you based gambling addicts
Thank you based elusive DMR req

halo has always had elements of this.

custom games, infection, all the other silly gametypes that are so important (IMO) to halo.

To me, halo is having the super competitive white knuckle stuff just as available as the fun dumb stuff.

Trup1aya

halo has always had elements of this.

custom games, infection, all the other silly gametypes that are so important (IMO) to halo.

To me, halo is having the super competitive white knuckle stuff just as available as the fun dumb stuff.

Sure Halo has always had goofy gamemodes, but they were never leveraged into an insentive to play the game competitively.

Gwyn

WTH? i just got a msg on xbox :

"You have been granted 14 Premium REQ Packs for Halo 5: Guardians as a result of redeeming a code for the Warzone REQ Bundle after already purchasing the content. For details, visit aka.ms/h5-wz-req"

Warzone REQ Bundle was the first bundle when the game released right?

thx 343

WTH? i just got a msg on xbox :

"You have been granted 14 Premium REQ Packs for Halo 5: Guardians as a result of redeeming a code for the Warzone REQ Bundle after already purchasing the content. For details, visit aka.ms/h5-wz-req"

Warzone REQ Bundle was the first bundle when the game released right?

thx 343

That absolutely is a scam.

Yall ready for the halo 5 update for when the new xbox one is released? That will enable it at a locked 1080p 60fps?!??

HUUHH ARE YOU READY!?????

Coming holiday 2016.

Madness

Theyre actually doing weapon skins for teams. You can just imagine how much money they'll make with OpTic and EG and other team skins. Think about all the Naded and #GreenWall fans that would buy to support during the Pro League.

Can't wait. Heres hoping radar is removed though. And hopefully they get Overgrowth, Riptide, Torque at least into rotation to break up the monotony of Rig, Plaza, Fathom that we've seen nonstop in scrims and qualifiers and tournaments.

Sai

Starting to save these up, not sure there'll ever be a better use for these then a patch dropping in Reach armour
I used up seven of these for Ghosts of Meridian, and only got one unlock with each pack—Gold packs too! Made me mad... >:x

IHaveIce

Banned
Theyre actually doing weapon skins for teams. You can just imagine how much money they'll make with OpTic and EG and other team skins. Think about all the Naded and #GreenWall fans that would buy to support during the Pro League.

Can't wait. Heres hoping radar is removed though. And hopefully they get Overgrowth, Riptide, Torque at least into rotation to break up the monotony of Rig, Plaza, Fathom that we've seen nonstop in scrims and qualifiers and tournaments.

Radar complete removal will not happen, too many pros hate Halo 5 without a Radar.
Much more likely is the change to a radar that only shows people who sprint, thrust, stabilize or spartan charge

Top Bottom