• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Strider

For the next worlds event tho I hope rosters are locked prior to the first qualifiers... Having different teams every week was weeeeeird.

BraXzy

I really hope the Team Arena playlist changes into a Pro League playlist where you ONLY play these Pro League maps and gametypes.

There definitely needs to be something along those lines. I say make Team Arena the HCS playlist and add a permanent Team Objective under Slayer.

Go over to TeamBeyond Forums and see op_ivy defending to use the word "rape" for outplaying others.

Yeah enough for today.
Edit:
It will be today.

Yeah, H5G is the first time since CE I can safely say I'm actually here for the game and not the community

Granted, I'm talking more community creations than bile-spewing 12-year-olds with 2, 3, and Reach, but H4 had the virtue of having a sloppy metagame and an awful community!

TTUVAPOR can get shot out of an airlock for all I care, tho.

Watch yourself, Ivy.

BraXzy

Team skins? Finally!

giphy.gif

Strider

Yep... I know they are still considering map updates and all but IMO they should launch a Team HCS playlist alongside the beginning of Pro league once all that is sorted.

BraXzy

So with quite a long roadmap now set out for all to see with money on the table.. Will it finally temp some old Halo pro's to make the jump back into the scene?

Strider

So with quite a long roadmap now set out for all to see with money on the table.. Will it finally temp some old Halo pro's to make the jump back into the scene?

Like who?

--

People got all hyped for Naded joining Optic and all because viewers and rah rah but with only 8 teams in the league there is a very real chance they don't qualify for this lol

Ryde3

Hype to watch some Pro League!

Won't be on Halo as often the next week or so guys :(

On the final boss in Quantum and getting into DS3, but I will def be getting a few rounds in, probably in the evenings and 100% jumping on for some GAF Firefight on Saturday!

(I just assumed Warzone Saturday would be for firefight this week, ha.)

Strider

Booo, let me dream.

I meeeeeaaaaaan I'm jus sayin. Formal can pull in more viewers on twitch playing CoD than all of Halo streams combined lol Plus they have their pro league as well (which his team just won the most recent lan).

I'd love to see him back on Halo tho. Who knows maybe he decides he wants to at some point. If he could fill a roster spot on Optic for next years Worlds event that'd be
mayatomr_gdlk.gif

Two seasons, one in the summer and one in the autumn as well.

https://twitter.com/chespace/status/719914053456408576

Also HCS skins are on the way:

https://twitter.com/chespace/status/719913821620416512

AW YESSSSSS!!!! Damn Worlds starting at $1mil, that's dope. Glad they are keeping it consistent. I bet they wil gauge the REQ engagement during the seasons to see if they will do crowdfunding again. IDK im just guessing.

So it seems like I'll be on 1 of the 6 EU teams ;)

Guess we all already know which team will lose every match. Thanks for letting me know on who not to bet on. :p

jk dany.

AW YESSSSSS!!!! Damn Worlds starting at $1mil, that's dope. Glad they are keeping it consistent. I bet they wil gauge the REQ engagement during the seasons to see if they will do crowdfunding again. IDK im just guessing.

Guess we all already know which team will lose every match. Thanks for letting me know on who not to bet on. :p

jk dany.

You would be doing the right call lol

Computer

There is waaaaay more money in CoD so I don't see why they'd bother. Formal is probably under contract for CoD anyway until the end of BO3 at least.

Nadeshot doesn't even compete atm

When it comes to event winnings there is more money in Halo. In terms of YouTube, Twitch, and sponsors cod is where the money is.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I liked CoD 3 better when it was called TitanFall.

Back to Halo, I would to see another side story game besides Halo Wars.

Strider

When it comes to event winnings there is more money in Halo. In terms of YouTube, Twitch, and sponsors cod is where the money is.

Well yea... And that YouTube/twitch/etc money is much more reliable and consistent.

Counting on a good placement at one event (Worlds) to make sure you get good money is too risky.

The money in halo is a lot so current players will stick around and it can also attract new players... But it isn't stealing people from other more popular games
If those games are also still receiving Esports support

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
team skins is cool. wonder if this will keeps orgs around a bit longer

BraXzy

team skins is cool. wonder if this will keeps orgs around a bit longer

Team skins are going to turn into the Alpine Ursa of Halo.

Orgs will drop out, skins will no longer be acquirable, they will be mad rare. Only bit missing is the option to sell the skins on a market :3

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Team skins are going to turn into the Alpine Ursa of Halo.

Orgs will drop out, skins will no longer be acquirable, they will be mad rare. Only bit missing is the option to sell the skins on a market :3

i... dont get that reference.gif

i still really want pro stuff too. rolling into matchmaking with the apg or ninja emoticons would be swell

I hope these skins look cool. most likely the teams will have input on how they want them to look.

If i was a pro team - id get my face in those skins :p

BraXzy

i... dont get that reference.gif

i still really want pro stuff too. rolling into matchmaking with the apg or ninja emoticons would be swell

It's a reference to Dota 2, my bad. I'm sure most people know they sell cosmetics right? Well back in the day Valve had super strict criteria that had to be met with this stuff so the lore/colour palettes and everything in between was adhered to with guidelines.

This set released for $14

Alpine%20Ursa.jpg

Everyone complained it didn't fit/was too wacky/was money grabby dumb so it got removed but people who already bought it could keep it.

It's now worth hundreds of dollars :3

Mix

Yeah, H5G is the first time since CE I can safely say I'm actually here for the game and not the community

Granted, I'm talking more community creations than bile-spewing 12-year-olds with 2, 3, and Reach, but H4 had the virtue of having a sloppy metagame and an awful community!

TTUVAPOR can get shot out of an airlock for all I care, tho.

Watch yourself, Ivy.

tumblr_mtzmeqC16Z1qcga5ro1_500.gif

Glass

I never leave the HWC/Proleague thread.

Yep. I thought TB was just a forum to shit on Halo in some weird love/hate relationship they all refuse to leave. But the HWC/League thread is just full on Halo hype and enthusiasm, 24/7, I love it.

My entire commute to work and lunch break is spent getting caught up on this thread and that HCS one.

MS fucked me up. My console has 2 years warranty, but the controller that comes with it only has 1 year. That doesn't make any sense. Now I have a broken controller that I can't exchange because I thought I had time to send it over to support.

Top Bottom