• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

I'm ready to get back into Halo 5, haven't played for a while. I'm going to wait for the update though. I haven't played in a couple of months. Please don't kick me.
I probably already got kicked.

I'm ready to get back into Halo 5, haven't played for a while. I'm going to wait for the update though. I haven't played in a couple of months. Please don't kick me.
I probably already got kicked.
I went out of town to visit family, so I haven't been on since last Thursday.

So you'd have players that aren't crouched off radar as well? Wouldn't that relegate crouching to only being used to strafe?

I mean, I'd rather have that then no radar at all but I've never particularly had a problem with the current way it works. Shit, if you move slow enough while walking as it is you don't appear.

I feel like that would punish a player like me who enjoys moving quick around the map while the old school players who never touch the sprint button would have another edge.

Actually if that was the case I may rather not have radar at all. At least that way I could sprint around and not be at a huge disadvantage.

Edit:I guess my bigger problem is how useless crouching would feel if that was changed.

Crouching in its current implementation is to OP. It encourages camping.

Crouching in its current implementation is to OP. It encourages camping.

I don't see how this would change much though, all that would mean is I now hold a corner without being crouched. Heck, I could be walking behind someone and they would never know! Thats not really better. Other players would still run by and allow those sneak attacks. To me it's an all or nothing sort of thing, but I'd much rather have it then not. Especially in FFA games where I have no teammates to coordinate with. Although I could tolerate 4v4s without it I really think single player modes would suffer.

I've always had to do constant 360s in game modes without radar and that, to me, makes basic traversal incredibly annoying. Forget to spin around every five seconds? Haha blind sided by an smg/melee combo. Where as at least with a small radar I could attempt a ninja, a basic double melee or run away out of the range of the close combat.

I understand how angry people get when someone gets a cheap kill while camping, but that shit doesn't win games any more. It literally used to be the entirety of my playstyle and I've had to essentially retrain myself with H5. Yes it'll get you a few kills in a game if you wait in a good spot (which there's nothing wrong with, this game shouldn't be a pure BR fest) but if you rely on that you'll never be on the top of your team or even close to winning in FFAs.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Tashi, when will the HCS podcast be available on podcast services?

Thanks

Currently waiting for approvals from other platforms and getting things pushed through. Will make an announcement via @HCS when they're up and running. Hopefully very soon!

Gwyn

OMG http://www.polygon.com/2016/6/21/11989318/meet-halo-5-s-new-boss-then-kill-it-with-this-new-vehicle?utm_campaign=polygon&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

H5-Guardians-WZ-Firefight-Urban-Wasp.0.jpg

H5-Guardians-WZ-Firefight-Sanctum-Wasp-01.0.jpg

More screenshots at polygon showing new boss and map

H5-Guardians-WZ-Firefight-Sanctum-Grunt-Mech-02.0.jpg

Trup1aya

I don't see how this would change much though, all that would mean is I now hold a corner without being crouched. Heck, I could be walking behind someone and they would never know! Thats not really better. Other players would still run by and allow those sneak attacks. To me it's an all or nothing sort of thing, but I'd much rather have it then not. Especially in FFA games where I have no teammates to coordinate with. Although I could tolerate 4v4s without it I really think single player modes would suffer.

I've always had to do constant 360s in game modes without radar and that, to me, makes basic traversal incredibly annoying. Forget to spin around every five seconds? Haha blind sided by an smg/melee combo. Where as at least with a small radar I could attempt a ninja, a basic double melee or run away out of the range of the close combat.

I understand how angry people get when someone gets a cheap kill while camping, but that shit doesn't win games any more. It literally used to be the entirety of my playstyle and I've had to essentially retrain myself with H5. Yes it'll get you a few kills in a game if you wait in a good spot (which there's nothing wrong with, this game shouldn't be a pure BR fest) but if you rely on that you'll never be on the top of your team or even close to winning in FFAs.

I can see this argument for FFA, maybe, but when you are playing against teams of 4 where map control is possible, camping with radar is definately OP. This is especially true on Rig and Plaza.

psyfi

Banned
Mecha Grunt is frickin amazing, whoa. Someone make a gaming side thread when all the news is out, people need to know about this haha

That aerial vehicle is cool and all but let me be the first to say it... why create an entirely new vehicle when you have the Hornet, Sparrowhawk or Falcon?

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member

GTSweet

Neo Member
Well... Now I want Halo 6 Campaign to have Grunt Mechs, Grunt Helicopters, Grunt Tanks! Looks amazing.

Like the goblins in Warcraft. The Grunts will rise!

I wonder if Gruntbot is indicative of the kind of tech we could see Created-allied enemies wielding. Seems kind of suspicious that a "grunt-built" machine would be capable of firing grenades, heavy needles, jumping 200 feet, one-punching Spartans and delivering EMPs.

Top Bottom