• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

IHaveIce

Banned
Radar that only shows people using Spartan Abilities is still the best possibility.

Though it will never happen it seems.

I want PC Halo to finally get Halo back on the map

yZc8bwq.jpg

chuckle.gif

Really not enjoying Arena matchmaking as of late. Lots of horribly incompetent randoms versus premades. This isn't fun, and it's certainly not fair to match solo against full teams of players while I'm thrown in with Open Mic McGee, Johnny No-Thumbs, and the leaver.

The Halo 5 zeitgeist.

The problem has noticeably worsened in recent months as the population has presumably declined somewhat. No protection for solo players. Game after game of teams that are clearly coordinated versus four players in a communicationless vacuum. It has begun to define the experience and that should worry 343.

Also, Warzone Assault is badly designed nonsense with poor encounter design, particularly in the final phase but it's OK for kicking back and not caring too much. Can we please have a function to pre-select load outs? Occasionally I delve into the 3 dozen BR selection screen trying to find the most appropriate permutation and the whole thing is fiddly, inscrutable and takes too long. At the very least I should be able to arrange the weapons in the order I like ala Dark Souls menu system.

nillapuddin

We're all just going to switch over to custom games on the win10 forge edition.

/kappa

and 343 could even profit from it if...

Halo introduces paid custom servers like Battlefield, this is not a custom game browser per se, its essentially a custom playlist.

Individuals pay a monthly fee and essentially curate a play experience, maybe 30 map/gametype combos as a limit. Since its not a custom game it doesn't have a host, and someone doesn't need to manually switch between games, its all drawn out of a queue that the server host created. (RUL favorites, Mini-Games 365, HaloGAFs Circlejerk, Remakes 24/7, Every Weapon a Rocket Launcher, etc)

Halo 5 Forge Edition is Free on PC, however PC users pay a one time fee (max $30) or a monthly fee (x>=$5) to gain access to the custom servers.

Custom Games (organized by the player are free), however to gain access to the aforementioned curated content, a pay wall is established. On Xbox these servers are free to access.
\

save halo

I have a pretty tough time with swords in H5. other people seem to be able to time the ADS lunge inbetween getting shot in order to get kills. I wonder if this is easier for people using LT to zoom

I use recon and have had great success with the zoom on the sword. But before I got the hang of it I was always getting punished any time I picked it up. Weapons like the SMG and Storm rifle were generally better and respawned far quicker.

My favorite zooming strat with the sword is to jump off of a platform , say top mid on Fathom, (in a custom) and then pop a 180 while zoomed and lunge back onto said platform into the player chasing you.

Also, what's this about a radar that would only pick up Spartan abilities? Do you mean when someone is spartan charging or ground pounding? How would that ever work?

The Halo 5 zeitgeist.

The problem has noticeably worsened in recent months as the population has presumably declined somewhat. No protection for solo players. Game after game of teams that are clearly coordinated versus four players in a communicationless vacuum. It has begun to define the experience and that should worry 343.

Also, Warzone Assault is badly designed nonsense with poor encounter design, particularly in the final phase but it's OK for kicking back and not caring too much. Can we please have a function to pre-select load outs? Occasionally I delve into the 3 dozen BR selection screen trying to find the most appropriate permutation and the whole thing is fiddly, inscrutable and takes too long. At the very least I should be able to arrange the weapons in the order I like ala Dark Souls menu system.
More words of truth. Maybe the data 343 has suggests differently, but the effect of full teams cleaning up on random players has to be taking a toll on the population. Simple additions like preselected req loadouts based on req levels would be so helpful too. How or why are these ideas and improvements being ignored lol? The game does not need anymore reqs...

More words of truth. Maybe the data 343 has suggests differently, but the effect of full teams cleaning up on random players has to be taking a toll on the population. Simple additions like preselected req loadouts based on req levels would be so helpful too. How or why are these ideas and improvements being ignored lol? The game does not need anymore reqs...

I dont get why they havent seen this themselves. I mean dont they play their damn game? How can they go through 20 BR cards and not think to themselves "hey, this might be a problem". This kinda stuff baffles me. Who goes throguh 20 cards every time they go to the rec station and doesnt think to themselves that this is way too many cards to choose from. Baffled.

Why even keep other BRs that do the same thing than the better one i already have? If its the same amount of Req points, get rid of the weaker one. I dont get these guys.

Finally decided to place in slayer.

Gold 6.
Each season i can remember:
I went From diamond 3, to diamind 1, to plat 6 to plat 4, and now gold 6. Maybe next month ill be bronze 3

Simply put, I'm not interested in spending money on any more reqs, but at this point I would probably pay for new maps, a solo queue, and wz req preselected loadout options... I defended the lack of maps at the beginning of halo 5 simply because I really believed the Forge maps would be pretty good. Turns out I was right about that, but wrong in thinking 343 would use them. Silly me :(

Gold 6.
I went From diamond 3, to diamind 1, to plat 6 to plat 4, and now gold 6. Maybe next month ill be bronze 3
I got gold 4 this season and worked up to plat 2 before a laughably long losing streak brought me back to plat 1 indefinitely lol. Had to take a break from that playlist.

I can carry you ;)
Can you carry me too?

Simply put, I'm not interested in spending money on any more reqs, but at this point I would probably pay for new maps, a solo queue, and wz req preselected loadout options... I defended the lack of maps at the beginning of halo 5 simply because I really believed the Forge maps would be pretty good. Turns out I was right about that, but wrong in thinking 343 would use them. Silly me :(

I got gold 4 this season and worked up to plat 2 before a laughably long losing streak brought me back to plat 1 indefinitely lol. Had to take a break from that playlist.

Can you carry me too?

I'm not good, but I can play with you, sure :p

TCKaos

Full Article

New licensees and associated products include:

• AC Worldwide: 30cm tall Bluetooth speakers in the shape of Halo characters (U.S., Canada, Europe).
  • Bensons Trading Company: show bag novelty items including key rings, sippers, balls, inflatables, backpacks, stickers, temporary tattoos, mugs and cups, drink bottles and more (Australia, New Zealand)
  • Danilo Promotions: calendars, greeting cards, gift wraps and more (Europe).
  • H2W Sunstaches: Halo-themed novelty and traditional sunglasses (U.S., Canada).
  • Industrias Darks: T-shirts, hoodies, varsity jackets, leggings (Mexico).
  • Jada Toys: Two, four and six-inch “METALS” Halo die-cast statues (Worldwide).
  • Licensing Essentials: Apparel for men, ladies, underwear, sleepwear, headwear, homewares and giftware (Australia, New Zealand).
  • PDP: customized Halo-themed controllers and faceplates (U.S., Canada, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Australia, New Zealand).
  • Rubber Road: Holiday-themed sweaters, knitted hats, coat hooks, water bottles and coffee travel-mugs (U.S., Canada, Europe).
  • ThinkGeek: Desktop weapon replicas, drinkware, USB chargers for car, desktop and portable needs, giant slippers, foam melee weapons and role-play ballistic weapons (U.S., Canada and Worldwide Online).
  • Wicked Replicas: Lighting (Headlamp Heroes, Logo Lamps, Neon Lamps) plus tin signs, flexible wearable masks and numerous replicas (Australia, New Zealand).

In addition, 343 Industries has renewed its partnership with The Coop, and Skullcandy & ASTRO Gaming. Current partner J!NX will also add plush to its line-up of Halo products, and Dark Horse Comics adds Halo comics to Comixology Unlimited. The new additions join previously announced offers from master toy partner Mattel

Stinkles are we right in assuming that the Mister Chief plushies are the J!NX ones?

Trup1aya

Also, what's this about a radar that would only pick up Spartan abilities? Do you mean when someone is spartan charging or ground pounding? How would that ever work?

Currently Spartan abilities (sprint, Spartan charge, thrust, groundpound) are already picked up by radar. The proposal is to make it so that normal walk/strafe speed doesn't get picked up by radar

Sprint and thrust in addition to what you listed mate. It actually makes a lot of sense. Or at least I could see it working really well.

So you'd have players that aren't crouched off radar as well? Wouldn't that relegate crouching to only being used to strafe?

I mean, I'd rather have that then no radar at all but I've never particularly had a problem with the current way it works. Shit, if you move slow enough while walking as it is you don't appear.

I feel like that would punish a player like me who enjoys moving quick around the map while the old school players who never touch the sprint button would have another edge.

Actually if that was the case I may rather not have radar at all. At least that way I could sprint around and not be at a huge disadvantage.

Edit:I guess my bigger problem is how useless crouching would feel if that was changed.

Halo 5 assault is better than previous iterations. Other than that I'd agree.

50/50. One sided assault is king. MLG-out-of-here-with-that-please.

:)

-Double lunge is great.
-Indicator on carrier when shot is good (same for flag).
-Trail left behind when carrier is bullshit.
-Rankings for objective stats needs more work. It's really not telling enough in flag/bomb games for who does the most. It's hard to get right but there are some improvements to be made.
-Maps for one sided in 4v4 and BTB really needed.
-Assault for WZ really needs to be more like invasion/staged/unlocks.
-wish I had more time ATM to write more.

I need to wipe my brow, that was good. Damn good.

Cyclops: Hi. I am very ugly. But you should enjoy the free DLC anyway... Excuse me, player. I hope my horrible ugliness won't be a distraction to you.

Player: Not at all, boy. *Get's helmet in gold pack* DEUUEAUGH!!!

Congrats, you made that picture all the better

Full Article

Stinkles are we right in assuming that the Mister Chief plushies are the J!NX ones?

oooh nice catch.

So you'd have players that aren't crouched off radar as well? Wouldn't that relegate crouching to only being used to strafe?

I mean, I'd rather have that then no radar at all but I've never particularly had a problem with the current way it works. Shit, if you move slow enough while walking as it is you don't appear.

I feel like that would punish a player like me who enjoys moving quick around the map while the old school players who never touch the sprint button would have another edge.

Actually if that was the case I may rather not have radar at all. At least that way I could sprint around and not be at a huge disadvantage.

Edit:I guess my bigger problem is how useless crouching would feel if that was changed.
Honestly i would. Crouching is hard on my fingers and halo 5's movement is so different from previous halo games that I think spartan abilities activating radar only would be a nice compromise instead of completely removing it. For the record I'm 100% for not having radar in the game, but I've accepted things the way they are.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)

Gold 6.

holy shit, i dont even want to play with you any more

I was playing Doubles with some random dude as my teammate, and when we went down a few kills he left the game. I was left high and dry but somehow fought my way to 19-20, and then with three seconds left I got a Clutch Kill to tie the game. I was so relieved, until the game went into OT! Another 2 minutes of 2v1 on the clock. Somehow I ended up tying it up again and the game finally ended (thankfully there is no second OT). My nerves were shot after that.

Trup1aya

I was playing Doubles with some random dude as my teammate, and when we went down a few kills he left the game. I was left high and dry but somehow fought my way to 19-20, and then with three seconds left I got a Clutch Kill to tie the game. I was so relieved, until the game went into OT! Another 2 minutes of 2v1 on the clock. Somehow I ended up tying it up again and the game finally ended (thankfully there is no second OT). My nerves were shot after that.

Imagine their nerves though!

Every once in a while I'll notice that I just played a wz assault game with fatstronaut by coincidence. Then I quickly go back and check my post-game stats to make sure that i didn't suck during the game lol.

Top Bottom