• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

On one hand, MECHA GRUNT and that Wasp looks cool, but on the other hand is the Wasp really only a 1 seater? We already have two 1 seater aircraft, so I still wish we got the Falcon instead. Still, I am very excited for this!

link1201

On one hand, MECHA GRUNT and that Wasp looks cool, but on the other hand is the Wasp really only a 1 seater? We already have two 1 seater aircraft, so I still wish we got the Falcon instead. Still, I am very excited for this!
Yeah, I'm not digging that either. They seem to have an aversion to having passengers in flying vehicles.

link1201

There should be a version that has no guns on it, but can seat 4 passengers and has heavy armor
I liked the falcon in Reach's mp. I think getting the armor and firepower right on that design should be explored more. Anything that takes more than one person to operate should be a terror.

The Grunt mecha is a giant vehicle, piloted by a Grunt. Adding a whole species would be orders of magnitude more complex.

Can we get a Mecha
Mister Chief
that throws a bunch of insults to the Spartans around him?

We need a battle of the Mecha showdown! :D

#HireG0SU

MechaGrunt
Wasp
Green and lush Warzone map

I like all of these things. Now please do more Arena maps, dev crafted BTB maps and asymmetric gametypes.

Fuchsdh

I wonder if Gruntbot is indicative of the kind of tech we could see Created-allied enemies wielding. Seems kind of suspicious that a "grunt-built" machine would be capable of firing grenades, heavy needles, jumping 200 feet, one-punching Spartans and delivering EMPs.

Cortana was all "you dawg, we heard you like Grunts, so we put a Grunt in a Grunt..."

Yeah it's kinda sad they still haven't managed to add more "core" gametypes since Assault.

I'd like to see asymmetric assault and ctf. As far as other missing gametypes go, KOTH and Regicide would be great. The ball games could use some rounding out as well. add Ricochet and Oddball medal support and let us switch up the types of balls for each carrier (skull for Oddball).

Trup1aya

I'm starting to have questions about the dev pipeline for this game.

Should we assume that they had NO plans for Firefight, and the Wasp and Goblin where made from scratch to please fans.

were these concepts that had already been modeled, but didn't make launch?

Would they have made it into the game even if Firefight wasn't a thing?

I'm starting to have questions about the dev pipeline for this game.

Should we assume that they had NO plans for Firefight, and the Wasp and Goblin where made from scratch to please fans.

were these concepts that had already been modeled, but didn't make launch?

Would they have made it into the game even if Firefight wasn't a thing?

There was a canon fodder where someone asked if we'd ever see a UNSC air vehicle in Halo 5, the answer was a short yes. They had that planned for a while at least.

jem0208

I really hope in H6 they remove cosmetics from the req pack system.

Make it so you can buy armour with req points/money and add a req pack which only gives you boosts.

There's no real satisfaction in getting a cool piece of armour in this game. I'd much rather have a system like Reach where you can work towards a goal to buy a certain armour piece. Also, not gunna lie but that +10 each time you get a headshot in Reach was really quite satisfying. I'd like to see req points being earned for medals in Warzone in H6.

No, over a Phaeton goddammit.

nLjoxzR.jpg

:p

The Grunt mecha is a giant vehicle, piloted by a Grunt. Adding a whole species would be orders of magnitude more complex.

Ah, thanks for clarifying that. I don't know the first thing about game development, so to my untrained eyes it seemed equivalent. Well, here's hoping for Brutes in H6's Warzone!

I think people are gonna be disappointed when they realize the grunt mech is a boss, and not a vehicle you can pilot yourself.

Unless...you can??

Trup1aya

I really hope in H6 they remove cosmetics from the req pack system.

Make it so you can buy armour with req points/money and add a req pack which only gives you boosts.

There's no real satisfaction in getting a cool piece of armour in this game. I'd much rather have a system like Reach where you can work towards a goal to buy a certain armour piece. Also, not gunna lie but that +10 each time you get a headshot in Reach was really quite satisfying. I'd like to see req points being earned for medals in Warzone in H6.

This is really my only complaint for Warzone.

Let the weapons, vehicles, and powerups be RNG.
But players should have more control over the cosmetics they get. There's no joy in getting a visor in a gold pack.

But if you see a specific cosmetic item you like, you should be able to spend RP on it. Some would be tied to commendations of course.

Top Bottom