• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Starting to get back into Halo again and Warzone is the worst playing solo. I wish there was a radar like CS so I could see what the fuck my team was doing the whole game because it feels like they sit in the initial spawn the entire match. No boss kills, no captures, enemy team has banshees and scorpions everywhere and my team does nothing to try to counter

This is really my only complaint for Warzone.

Let the weapons, vehicles, and powerups be RNG.
But players should have more control over the cosmetics they get. There's no joy in getting a visor in a gold pack.

But if you see a specific cosmetic item you like, you should be able to spend RP on it. Some would be tied to commendations of course.

Couldn't agree more. Imagine if Achilles was 100k RP/$5 would sell gangbusters.

Also move breakout to social (least popular playlist, get more people to play one of 343's signature game modes) and make a solo/duo Q list that I would never leave.

Trup1aya

Couldn't agree more. Imagine if Achilles was 100k RP/$5 would sell gangbusters.

Also move breakout to social (least popular playlist, get more people to play one of 343's signature game modes) and make a solo/duo Q list that I would never leave.

No lies detected.

Also with a forge this awesome, having no server browser is criminal.

Seriously, with the foundation 343i has created with H5, if Halo 6 isn't a perfect game, it will be a failure.
j/k but halo 6 has no excuse not to be damn great

Glass

Starting to get back into Halo again and Warzone is the worst playing solo. I wish there was a radar like CS so I could see what the fuck my team was doing the whole game because it feels like they sit in the initial spawn the entire match. No boss kills, no captures, enemy team has banshees and scorpions everywhere and my team does nothing to try to counter

I find Warzone Assault has far less bullshit to get through then solo normal Warzone. No bosses which get stolen halfway across a map, games are shorter, kills are easier since its Attack/Defend. Definitely my go to playlist.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I find Warzone Assault has far less bullshit to get through then solo normal Warzone. No bosses which get stolen halfway across a map, games are shorter, kills are easier since its Attack/Defend. Definitely my go to playlist.

but so.much.spawn.camping.

OMG http://www.polygon.com/2016/6/21/11989318/meet-halo-5-s-new-boss-then-kill-it-with-this-new-vehicle?utm_campaign=polygon&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

H5-Guardians-WZ-Firefight-Urban-Wasp.0.jpg

H5-Guardians-WZ-Firefight-Sanctum-Wasp-01.0.jpg

More screenshots at polygon showing new boss and map

H5-Guardians-WZ-Firefight-Sanctum-Grunt-Mech-02.0.jpg

Holy shit thats amazing lol

No lies detected.

Also with a forge this awesome, having no server browser is criminal.

Seriously, with the foundation 343i has created with H5, if Halo 6 isn't a perfect game, it will be a failure.
j/k but halo 6 has no excuse not to be damn great

I dont see it. They havent released a product that delivered in every aspect of it as of yet. Not once. If the same people are in charge of the same things next time around, i dont see why anything would change. People complained about tons of things in this game and alot of those are still being pushed out to this day, even with the feedback. Like the maps that use the same pieces everywhere, or only forge maps in BTB. They havent done anything about it. Im not getting too excited. Ive learned my lesson when it comes to 343.

Kssio_Aug

Two things I need to know, that I believe wasn't covered at this E3:

1) When I will be able to play that amazing Firefight mode?

2) When I will be able do download that amazing XB1 update previewers are using right now?

Two things I need to know, that I believe wasn't covered at this E3:

1) When I will be able to play that amazing Firefight mode?

2) When I will be able do download that amazing XB1 update previewers are using right now?

1) before the end of the month they said
2) this fall if you're not in the preview program

Trup1aya

I dont see it. They havent released a product that delivered in every aspect of it as of yet. Not once. If the same people are in charge of the same things next time around, i dont see why anything would change. People complained about tons of things in this game and alot of those are still being pushed out to this day, even with the feedback. Like the maps that use the same pieces everywhere, or only forge maps in BTB. They havent done anything about it. Im not getting too excited. Ive learned my lesson when it comes to 343.

I get that, but this is the first good game 343i released. The first time they have something good to build on.

I still have a ton of issues with h5, but it really is a well above par game. I don't know much about developing a game, but if I had to guess, the recycling of assets was a design philosophy that they intiated fairly early on, and there's no way they could reverse course post-release and still push out content at a near monthly rate. So THAT particular issue probably has more to do with scheduling than anything else at this point. I'd really be surprised if we saw this sort of thing in Halo6 given the criticism.

The same goes for BTB. Sounds like they decided early on that Forge would handle it, and they couldn't just shit out a bunch of quality, unplanned, BTB maps in 8 months, all while working all the other content we ask for.

Regarding game modes, given what we have now, and 3 year dev cycle, I think it's a perfectly reasonable expectation that we won't have to wait 3/4 of a year to for H6 to feel complete on that front either.

So long as they don't try to reinvent the wheel (which they've done with both H4 and H5) I think things will be much better.

Stream is "early" next week. Aka tuesday. And as the pattern indicates, patch will be up the next day.

29Th it should drop.

Maybe during the stream they talk about their plans for 'sustain'.

nillapuddin

Ive already told yall, Halo 6 MP will literally be identical to Halo 5 but with all new maps/modes and improved visuals.

Make Halo Great Again
Halo MP as a service.
Paid Custom Servers.
Buy specific armor with RP.
H3A Campaign.
MCC on PC.

singhr1

So what map are the screens from? That doesn't look like a Sanghelios Warzone map right?

100% is the Sanghelios map. Look at the first concept art. Also this:

H5-Guardians-WZ-Firefight-Sanctum-Grunt-Mech-01.0.jpg

Flat sheet rock + sanghelli architecture

It's a more floral biome on Sanghelios presumably

Fuchsdh

100% is the Sanghelios map. Look at the first concept art. Also this:

H5-Guardians-WZ-Firefight-Sanctum-Grunt-Mech-01.0.jpg

Flat sheet rock + sanghelli architecture

It's a more floral biome on Sanghelios presumably

I'm all for more diverse locations. We know Sanghelios isn't all a dustbowl. And some greenery would be a nice changeup from the desert, snow, or human/urban settings.

Weirdly enough I'm more interested in the Rig remix than the warzone stuff. It's one of my favorite maps as is. I wonder if they'll keep the eastern egg on it. Or adding a whole new one would be super sweet too.

Also does anyone wanna play tonight? My normal teammates in arena have formed a solid 4 man squad so I'm now without my best guys. Feels bad man.

I mean, I assume most of you guys are the try harding type.

Weirdly enough I'm more interested in the Rig remix than the warzone stuff. It's one of my favorite maps as is. I wonder if they'll keep the eastern egg on it. Or adding a whole new one would be super sweet too.

Also does anyone wanna play tonight? My normal teammates in arena have formed a solid 4 man squad so I'm now without my best guys. Feels bad man.

As long as it's not a bunch of hallways and actually has some open elements I'll be happy. Can't afford another Overgrowth or Riptide. A Rig remix could turn out like a Lockout/Guardian-type map, here's hoping.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

As long as it's not a bunch of hallways and actually has some open elements I'll be happy. Can't afford another Overgrowth or Riptide. A Rig remix could turn out like a Lockout/Guardian-type map, here's hoping.

I'm one of the few that really enjoyed OG overgrowth. But a Sword map where no one can escape me was always my wet dream. As soon as they (understandably) changed it to a Needler I lost all interest. But yeah I can't imagine a Rig remake not having some openness, the entire yellow to carbine/plasma caster area gives you a ton of movement options.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

So yes?

Hate to be the party pooper but what am i missing here? Everyone is all excited and im like how is this going to change anything in the game? Feels like half of you don't even go into warzone lol. What about arena and slayer? A new vehicle is nice but is hardly game changing. We need new slayer maps because it is as stale as ever. NEW SLAYER MAPS! Forge is getting completely unused which is unforgivable. We need a solo queue so that we don't go into warzone or arena and immediately get destroyed by full teams. But hey look a squirrel. This feels like 343 throwing the biggest distraction ever and people are totally eating it up... Players will tire of the new boss in days and same with the vehicle. But we'll still be playing the same old maps in arena slayer. I'll still be getting dumped on by full teams playing as a random. People overseas will still have horrible network issues. The priorities here seem horribly horribly wrong. Maybe I'm missing something. Ive finished my negative vibe lol. Carry on.

We need new slayer maps because it is as stale as ever. NEW SLAYER MAPS! .
They just need replacements for Overgrowth Riptide and Tyrant in Team Arena and I think there will be a good set of maps in the game already. Those maps are in the Slayer playlist and I don't see why they can't put some of the H3 Forge Remakes like the Pit in there too.

I'm one of the few that really enjoyed OG overgrowth. But a Sword map where no one can escape me was always my wet dream. As soon as they (understandably) changed it to a Needler I lost all interest. But yeah I can't imagine a Rig remake not having some openness, the entire yellow to carbine/plasma caster area gives you a ton of movement options.

So yes?

Everyone here is the trash at the game lol. Also I'm at work

Hate to be the party pooper but what am i missing here? Everyone is all excited and im like how is this going to change anything in the game? Feels like half of you don't even go into warzone lol. What about arena and slayer? A new vehicle is nice but is hardly game changing. We need new slayer maps because it is as stale as ever. NEW SLAYER MAPS! Forge is getting completely unused which is unforgivable. We need a solo queue so that we don't go into warzone or arena and immediately get destroyed by full teams. But hey look a squirrel. This feels like 343 throwing the biggest distraction ever and people are totally eating it up... Players will tire of the new boss in days and same with the vehicle. But we'll still be playing the same old maps in arena slayer. I'll still be getting dumped on by full teams playing as a random. People overseas will still have horrible network issues. The priorities here seem horribly horribly wrong. Maybe I'm missing something. Ive finished my negative vibe lol. Carry on.

I already complained about this last Friday when the community update dropped:
I got sick of Warzone a while back, getting 2 Warzone maps and 1 Arena is slightly disappointing. Especially since they refuse to put decent forge maps into MM. I'd really like a month where we get 3 arena maps akin to a classic map pack.Getting them drip-fed is unsatisfying, especially when Overgrowth and Riptide were so bad.
We need more Arena maps, that are open in line with classic Arena maps. Less hallways, more power positions, power weapons in vulnerable areas, etc...

We also need dev crafted BTB maps, asymmetric gametypes as well as asymmetric maps. I know it'd be a bit weird to do re-makes when we have a sea of forged re-makes. But I'll keep repeating a Zanzibar re-make would be nice, as well as a Sidewinder spiritual successor. Both those maps are hard to do in forge and both of those maps are great with how sight lines are set up with even rifle starts. They can do original maps as well, but those would work well in 5.

We can have concerns and be excited about what's coming as well.

Trup1aya

We did all this whining yesterday. I poured my heart and soul into a post very similar to yours.

But how can a grunt mech not turn your frown upside down? It's a giant robot, shaped like a grunt, with a grunt inside of it. It also talks shit while 1-hit-killing vehicles.

I am very disappointed that Arena hasn't gotten the TLC it deserves. But I think firefight will be fun for the next few months, honestly. I couldn't get enough of the beta, and it was just one map, and extremely predictable. And who knows maybe they have some MM update goodness that they havent shared yet.

I'm no godsend either but I'm not bad at all. Also, if I understand you, you're quitting your job and on the way home now?

Anybody else gonna be on in 30 mins to an hour and down for any Arena?

Hell with it I'm down, want to play some halo that isn't infection or warzone. Just click on my gaf account to get my GT and invite when ready.

Though note I'm somewhat rusty in this game still so don't get hopes too high.

Top Bottom