• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Looka really fun so far. I assume more firefight maps will be released with other updates?

Edit: My question was just answered by them

Vico

Looks fun, although a bit too easy (we didn't see the triple warden fights from IGN, though).
I'm assuming one map will get old super fast, though, even with the random objectives, so I don't think I'll play more than 4-5 games of firefight this weekend. Can't wait for the full release, though.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Radar stays the same, is altered, or removed - I don't much care so long as it's universal. I don't like having different pro and casual settings.

Anyone want a win10 code for quantum break? Shoot me a PM with the original artwork my avatar was created from (the ce cover with keg, my Google fu came up short). First come first serve halogaf exclusive offer while supplies last!

Chittagong

Gold Member
Good to be back to the game after a while of travel. I'm surprised Torque didn't change in Slayer, I must have misunderstood.

Radar stays the same, is altered, or removed - I don't much care so long as it's universal. I don't like having different pro and casual settings.

Anyone want a win10 code for quantum break? Shoot me a PM with the original artwork my avatar was created from (the ce cover with keg, my Google fu came up short). First come first serve halogaf exclusive offer while supplies last!

So generous :O

I'm looking now.

Because the main setup is in the living room and when my kiddos go to sleep i must turn it down. No audio means its reallllly low to the point it that it might as well be off.

Or...

Because we are deaf. Show some sensitivity.

Yeah!! What Karl said :)

G0SU has problems, shiiuuuuuu

You wanna 1v1 me nub!? Ill show you how a platinum vs diamond scrub mops the floor with your puny potato aim. Hah!

Btw i just tuned in. Why are these audio issues still abound?? I can understand they dony want them to go into the red but comn... Fix the mics or tell them to talk at a specific volume through the show. Mumbling a pro tip doesnt bring us excitement.

/rant

Because we are deaf. Show some sensitivity.

If you think that's insensitive, I have literally the entire rest of the internet to show you. I realized that was a possibility, hence the question.

EDIT: And of course it ends up being for a stupid reason. By some headphones, G0SU, lots of audio cues in the game.

Velcoro

Because the main setup is in the living room and when my kiddos go to sleep i must turn it down. No audio means its reallllly low to the point it that it might as well be off.

Have you thought about getting a headset? Just got a pair of Hyper X Cloud's for cheap and I am using it with this.

Does your living room setup not allow you to hook up headphones?

Must have missed the part where i have headphones, but with my glasses, they are super uncomfortable. B(

And if im the only one here, i need to listen for my 6mnth pr 3yr old when they wake up.

Sometimes when its late i use headphones. When i know my hearing is not needed elsewhere but halo :p

Sai

That was short. Looked like fun though; hope they really mix the encounters up depending on the maps.

Shame we're not getting the Reach CU later this month. More time to grind for RP though!

Must have missed the part where i have headphones, but with my glasses, they are super uncomfortable. B(

And if im the only one here, i need to listen for my 6mnth pr 3yr old when they wake up.

Sometimes when its late i use headphones. When i know my hearing is not needed elsewhere but halo :p

Probably should've opted for something less than the 1/2" gauge frames then.

You can always use earbuds and keep the volume on low. If you sell one of the kids then you'll be able to get really nice ones, too.

Double post sorrryyy

Too scrub for that

We gun fight.
in firefight

If you think that's insensitive, I have literally the entire rest of the internet to show you. I realized that was a possibility, hence the question.

EDIT: And of course it ends up being for a stupid reason. By some headphones, G0SU, lots of audio cues in the game.

Yeeah i know. Makes me sad sometimes.. :/

Have you thought about getting a headset? Just got a pair of Hyper X Cloud's for cheap and I am using it with this.

I have that xbox stereo headset. It hurts. Plus my big ass korean head doesn't make it any better lmao.

I looked at the hyper x and they are a bit pricey at the moment =/

Trup1aya

The new mode looks like a ton of fun (if not a little bit too easy) but I must say 343i is one of the most perplexing studio's around. I guess it comes down to jumping into a well established franchise, but they seem clueless about the fanbase at times.

The idea that it took "feedback" for them to realize that a straight PvE is something that fans would want is baffling. Nevermind that PvE has been all the rage in popular shooters since Horde mode. But people love firefight. And have been clamoring for it since 343i nixed it with Halo 4 (one of many signs of fanbase cluelessness with that game).

Couple that with the fact that we STILL don't have some of Halo's classic modes in the game, and I'm simply perplexed. I mean, imagine how much req $ they would have made if Warzone Firefight was in on day 1, when the population was highest.

Anyway, I'm really glad Warzone Firefight is coming, and I'm sure I'll be sinking all sorts of time into. My excitement for it just had me doing some reflection.

I can already tell that my suggestion will be 1) limit individual lives to 5, if a player loses all lives, they comeback next round with 1 life 2) don't stop spawning lesser enemies, even objectives are nearly complete, 3) remove the five round limit

Headphomes are illegal in Colorado, same with contacts.

Well with contacts they dry up from all of that colorado air.. If you knowww what i mean. ;)

Probably should've opted for something less than the 1/2" gauge frames then.

You can always use earbuds and keep the volume on low. If you sell one of the kids then you'll be able to get really nice ones, too.

Yeah you are absolutely right. I just need ear buds. Lol fuck my life.

Yeah, G0SU I plug earbuds into my controller at night, I'd suggest you do that. Though I also have glasses and headphones don't bother me.

Just do like Daedalius and have the baby sitting with you on the couch and then get surprised when it rolls off and gets hurt.

I don't see how that headset hurts you or having a big head is an issue. The headset is fucking huge and fits my ginormous head just fine.

Just do like Daedalius and have the baby sitting with you on the couch and then get surprised when it rolls off and gets hurt.

I don't see how that headset hurts you or having a big head is an issue. The headset is fucking huge and fits my ginormous head just fine.

Hahaha. I tried to have my 6mnth in my lap. She totally grabbed the controller and pulled one of the sticks off the elite. -_-

Idk man. Google korean heads. Id take a pic and show yalll but ill become a meme and shamed across the world.

Edit: lethul is playing mm with snakebite, apg, and unlegit. Is this normal? Lol

The new mode looks like a ton of fun (if not a little bit too easy) but I must say 343i is one of the most perplexing studio's around. I guess it comes down to jumping into a well established franchise, but they seem clueless about the fanbase at times.

The idea that it took "feedback" for them to realize that a straight PvE is something that fans would want is baffling. Nevermind that PvE has been all the rage in popular shooters since Horde mode. But people love firefight. And have been clamoring for it since 343i nixed it with Halo 4 (one of many signs of fanbase cluelessness with that game).
Don't quote me on this but I remember hearing an offhand explanation for the removal of firefight (and campaign matchmaking) being chalked up to how comparatively dead the respective playlists were in their games.

Though to be fair Halo 4 had Spartan Ops to fill the void that the exclusion of firefight left, though the noted absence of any PVE gamemode in Halo 5 outside of the campaign really didn't come off in the best light.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Got to play Tyrant for the first time. Whoa. Really different. Narrow, fast paced, 1-on-1. Pretty proud I managed not to shit the bed with a negative score on my first play.

What's the verdict about the map here?

Well fuck us then I guess. RIP.

nqKd0GE.png

@GOSU note my massive head.

Top Bottom