• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

link1201

I must admit I'm more excited about campaign scoring than I should be lol. It just feels better to me to get medals etc when playing through a campaign level.

Madness

Agreed. I also love the lighting in this level.

I mean all I see is heavy use of lens flare and low draw distance and blur and single use of colors. Even the snow looks purple as if a tint filter is applied on the whole image. Something the environment artists at 343 do a lot of where the entire area or level looks like 5 shades of the same color. Most often it is a graphical compromise.

Compare and contrast with a game like Battlefront, which sure are almost apples and oranges in a sense. But you can get a crystal blue lake under a yellow sun, surrounded by dark brown rocks and steel grey buildings etc.

jem0208

I mean all I see is heavy use of lens flare and low draw distance and blur and single use of colors. Even the snow looks purple as if a tint filter is applied on the whole image. Something the environment artists at 343 do a lot of where the entire area or level looks like 5 shades of the same color. Most often it is a graphical compromise.
Eh, still looks gorgeous IMO.

Also Sanghelios has quite a lot of different colour.

I really hope with the power of Scorpio they can move away from their lighting style. I HATE it. Never liked it since H4. The permeating yellow tint, heavy use of fog, browns etc. Hard to explain what I mean.

It's not an engine limitation. They want it to look that way.

Just wait till 343i reveals their magical dial and patch it to support HDR :p

I believe in the SPRINTS, they had like a dozen different TVs to adjust coloring so it looks 'decent' between all of them.

But i do agree, the graphics are nice in the cutscenes, but there seems to be a weird filter applied that gives it a bit more yellow-dark-brown-poop color.

All hail the yellow-dark-brown-poop color of the Halo Engine.

Finally some agressive moves to attract new players . Can't wait to start a smurf so I can stomp some bronzes

J/k

or am I

People would be detoured from smurf accounts if:
1: We had a permanent social slayer/arena playlist where we could warm up.
2: We had a permanent ranked solo queue team based playlist.

People would be detoured from smurf accounts if:
1: We had a permanent social slayer/arena playlist where we could warm up.
2: We had a permanent ranked solo queue team based playlist.

Is smurfing that big of an issue with Halo 5 though? I mean, I played CSGO for a hot minute, and THAT was bad in terms of smurfs.

Is smurfing that big of an issue with Halo 5 though? I mean, I played CSGO for a hot minute, and THAT was bad in terms of smurfs.

I wouldn't say it's a huge problem, though we have ran into people with Smurf in their GT in MM. Those two things would be an improvement for playlists regardless though.

Please let the lone wolf emblem be a reward for Solo Legendary Campaign
Or an achievement reward for completing your first game in the new lone wolf queue :p

Jokes dripping with sarcasm aside, the update does look pretty delicious. Very interested in seeing how Molten plays. And Attack on Sanctum has the outdoor feel that I've been wanting in the arena maps, but I'll take it in warzone assault at the very least. So what are we going to do with 3 new beam rifles??? I was only 5 to 6 reqs away from being done with weapon certs, but nevermind... Ugh

Or an achievement reward for completing your first game in the new lone wolf queue :p

Jokes dripping with sarcasm aside, the update does look pretty delicious. Very interested in seeing how Molten plays. And Attack on Sanctum has the outdoor feel that I've been wanting in the arena maps, but I'll take it in warzone assault at the very least. So what are we going to do with 3 new beam rifles??? I was only 5 to 6 reqs away from being done with weapon certs, but nevermind... Ugh

I've already accepted that I'll never get all the REQs.

mjcry1.png

So, Is anyone going to lead a weekly Warzone Weekend party like how Akai did? Of course, if you have the time to do so.

I miss those... might be a good time to do it again with FireFight about to release? then again, we all wanted the Achilles armor back then, so we all were pumped to play WZ.

I post quite literally every Saturday evening (Mountain Time) and invite folks to join up.

They mentioned a few more surprises next week, either leading up to the release or perhaps during the live stream on the 28th. Think there will be any bomb shells announced or will it be something more tame? A new Frankie themed onesie with a mister chief butt flap? Who is in??

I've already accepted that I'll never get all the REQs.

mjcry1.png
It is sad indeed.

Ryde3

There is only one problem with prometheans, but no one has mentioned it:

Lack of feedback

Yup! This is what separates good shooters from bad ones and it's made Halo's campaign a mixed bag imo.

The way a gun feels when you shoot it/when your bullets hit their mark, is so important.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Just got called an mf camper on swat, lol. And I wasn't even camping.

Edi: Been a long time since someone rage messaged me.

Akai__

Hope, they have a few surprises to share. Are they having a panel?

Can't open their website. Gives me an error all the time, so I don't know. Somebody should check.

Otter than that, I'd assume Halo 5 and Halo Wars 2 news. And if we get lucky maybe even Forge PC news, but not expecting it.

Man i think im officially done with warzone. I get matched with the shittiest teams every single fucking game. How is that even fucking possible?? This game mode really needs some fucking work.

jem0208

Do people actually care about winning in Warzone?

It's one of those modes where I just don't care.

On that note I have a win percentage of 58 in both Warzone and Arena over 194 and 695 games respectively. Not sure if I've just been very lucky or if I'm just amazing :p

Do people actually care about winning in Warzone?

It's one of those modes where I just don't care.

On that note I have a win percentage of 58 in both Warzone and Arena over 194 and 695 games respectively. Not sure if I've just been very lucky or if I'm just amazing :p
I don't mind losing, but it stinks to lose more than 4 to 5 in a row, especially if I'm just trying to get a daily win. The worst is when you get decimated by a full team though. That's just not fun at all.

I don't mind losing, but it stinks to lose more than 4 to 5 in a row, especially if I'm just trying to get a daily win. The worst is when you get decimated by a full team though. That's just not fun at all.

Couldnt even manage to get my daily win. Never seen so many blow outs in my life. In any game.

So all these new players are going to get smashed in Warzone because everyone has REQs or smashed in Arena by teams (if they are high enough) not to mention 50% off of 59.99....not the f2p announcement I wanted.

I lost all respect for Rooster Teeth after they sat there criticizing Gerstmann about his Fallout 4 review all while they were wearing Pip Boys from Bethesda. Their content was going down hill before that too.

jem0208

So all these new players are going to get smashed in Warzone because everyone has REQs or smashed in Arena by teams (if they are high enough) not to mention 50% off of 59.99....not the f2p announcement I wanted.

I pretty much only ever use BRs in Warzone and I'm usually in the top 2 or 3 on my team if I'm not just fucking around.

Arena will be fine with the big influx of players this will bring.

I lost all respect for Rooster Teeth after they sat there criticizing Gerstmann about his Fallout 4 review all while they were wearing Pip Boys from Bethesda. Their content was going down hill before that too.

Day 5 seems pretty decent based off of the first episode.

Weirdly high budget after stuff like Red vs Blue.

Well with the amount of games in Arena that I get players from onyx to unranked they're gonna get smashed no matter what they pick. But any shooter is generally gonna be an uphill battle for any new players.

343 really needs to have a bunch of the laid back playlists going during the free to play duration. Super Fiesta, Action Sack, and
the surprise announcement of the all new solo queue! :D

blamite

The Know has pretty much always been bottom-of-the-barrel in terms of video game coverage. RT as a whole has still been putting out pretty decent content in general, but when it comes to informed opinions or news or anything of that sort, that kind of stuff from them is best avoided for exactly the same reason as the incident you mentioned.

singhr1

If enough people play it should be fine, Warzone Matchmaking takes into account REQ progress too (at least theoretically it does).

That was kind of my last straw in terms of watching them regularly. I still occasionally watch RvB but that's it.

Top Bottom