• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Jesus clg is too good. Games like that ctf show that not many people have a chance against them when it comes to objective game types. That 2nd flag cap was too sexy and the sneaky spot was something I've never seen before, just everything seems so natural with them.

Wow. That was an incredible series. NV was soooooo close to winning.

That was definitely the best series thus far in pro league. Also, that series has to confirm that NV is 2nd best team in the league right now.

Saw this concept on reddit, I dig it. Small but great change on the helmet

gtNt2Bh.png

The head is too tiny, but otherwise I really dig this.

I really like some of the changes that Halo 4 & 5 brought to MC's design, but this hits the mark more IMO.

Cranster

Banned
So I purchased Halo Wars on the Xbox store a few months ago when it became backwards compatible and for some reason I had to repurchase it again today. Any word if anyone else is having similar issues?

TCKaos

How fucking hard is it to not match me against full teams of Onyx and Diamond players in Slayer, 343? How fucking hard?

This is why I don't play arena in this game. I'm using Focused settings and getting full teams of laggy rubberbanding assholes that show up to fucking ruin my placement matches. I started going like 15-8 and ended the night going 5-13 and I STILL get Plat 3.

I probably could have gotten Diamond 1 or 2 or something decent, but nope, fuck that, time to get shot around corners buy a bunch of buddy buddy dudes on fucking Pegasus (because for some reason Pegasus is better than Orion?)

Also, a loss in Warzone is usually frustrating because there can be multiple, multiple definite and quantifiable failures on your behalf or on your team's behalf that lead to that loss. It's different in slayer because you can say "Oh, well, maybe I didn't do stellar but I still went 10-9," without any single instance of KNOWING that that's what's lost the game. In Warzone you get every instance of your team losing a base or botching a coin-toss on what side the Banshee boss or Warden wants to go. A standard Arena game might have one or two gut punches but a Warzone game can have one every few minutes.

Cranster

Banned
So I purchased Halo Wars on the Xbox store a few months ago when it became backwards compatible and for some reason I had to repurchase it again today. Any word if anyone else is having similar issues?

Anyone?

Even Microsoft support is confused and after repurchasing the game it still isn't working. All of my other games are working fine.

Anyone?

Even Microsoft support is confused and after repurchasing the game it still isn't working. All of my other games are working fine.

No clue haven't had anything like that before or heard about it until now. Only idea I would have is deleting and reinstalling but other than that I got nothing. If Microsoft is also confused it must be something really rare.

Cranster

Banned
No clue haven't had anything like that before or heard about it until now. Only idea I would have is deleting and reinstalling but other than that I got nothing. If Microsoft is also confused it must be something really rare.
Yeah, they said it might have to do with my account security but that made no sense as Halo Wars is the only digital game I'm having issues with.

Cranster

Banned
Too add to the Halo Wars issues the Halo 5 servers are down again. What is going on with the Halo severs lately? They seem to be going down just about everyday now.

Too add to the Halo Wars issues the Halo 5 servers are down again. What is going on with the Halo severs lately? They seem to be going down just about everyday now.

Idk on right now and don't seem to be having any issues with it, in fact for me the servers have been doing better than they have in the past. Might of upset the guardians or something cause you seem to be having a bit of bad luck when it comes to halo related stuff.

Glass

With all the sexy new skins coming out, this is 343's monthly reminder to add an 'inspect weapon' to the underused D pad. Guns like the pistol already have the animations.

With all the sexy new skins coming out, this is 343's monthly reminder to add an 'inspect weapon' to the underused D pad. Guns like the pistol already have the animations.

Yeah it's not like the d pad gets touched much anyway with the highly underused (by underused I mean useless) ping thing to let people know where you are at. Not going to lie I forgot about it for the longest time till I saw somebody use it today...

singhr1

For how much people here and I love EG, I think their colorway is just boring in comparison to OG and CLG's skins. I'm so conflicted!

MaifYHh.png

raDV485.png

Glass

The CLG skins definitely look like they had the most thought put into them, however the Optic and EG skins have some nuances its hard to make on on the screenshots provided. For instance, the EG skin has the main logo on the AR weapon handle, which you should have a good view of when reloading. There's also a nice halftone effect on the Optic one.

Yeah it's not like the d pad gets touched much anyway with the highly underused (by underused I mean useless) ping thing to let people know where you are at. Not going to lie I forgot about it for the longest time till I saw somebody use it today...

I forgot too. How do you ping? Up on the D-pad? LOL what does it even look like to other members of your team when you ping?

OH BOY.

NERF EXWIFE 343 , TOO OP

Glass

The team skins have a percentage of the cost going to the teams, so unless 343 plans to give the organisations REQ points, pretty sure they're going to be $ only

link1201

The team skins have a percentage of the cost going to the teams, so unless 343 plans to give the organisations REQ points, pretty sure they're going to be $ only
Yeah, I missed the first set cause I thought I'd be able to get them with req points :'( only stuff I'm missing aside from the Achilles helmet..

GavinUK86

I finally got an Xbox One today. I finally got Halo 5 Guardians today. After about an hour to install it off the disc, there's a 35GB update. Oh how I love modern gaming.

Top Bottom