• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

That mecha grunt is hilarious, I love it.

Game temporarily going free is great, 343 should capitalise on the boosted population by enforcing team restrictions for its duration.

Trup1aya

So all these new players are going to get smashed in Warzone because everyone has REQs or smashed in Arena by teams (if they are high enough) not to mention 50% off of 59.99....not the f2p announcement I wanted.

When Warzone was first announced they said the Warzone matchmaking took into account people's req collection.

I imagine
hope
that if there is an influx of players, that system would be better at ensuring balance teams.

People hating on rooster teeth because of an episode of The Patch. lol. Everything they put out under Achievement Hunter is gold quality entertainment. The RT podcast and Off Topic podcast are damn good. They have plenty of other new shows and productions. That company hasn't been just about red vs. blue for a long time.

We should all take it easy on the free players for 5 days so they like the game, buy it and keep playing :) Pinky swear now or GTFO.

Who am I kidding...bring out the dong.

Trup1aya

So since Forge prefabs wont be in this update, this sorta confirms substantial support past June, right?

I just hope we continue to get maps and game modes, not just forge tweaks.

They still owe us asymmetric gametypes, and more ball gametypes.

I'd really love an official riccoche gametype.

Also I hope H5 supports the new Xbox Arena features whenever they launch this summer.

Akai__

HCS NA starting in ~3 minutes. Twitch.tv/Halo

Update on the Halo RTX thing. Panel confirmed:

When: Saturday, July 2: 5 p.m. – 6 p.m.

Watch: Streamed live on twitch.tv/roosterteeth

Halo fans both at the show and at home will want to make sure to tune in for this year’s panel. Join 343 Industries stalwarts, Tom French and Dan Ayoub, as they’re joined by Rooster Teeth’s own Burnie Burns, and Matthew Arevalo from Loot Crate – all moderated by the highly immoderate Ms. Kiki Wolfkill – as they discuss the future of Halo’s map and UGC creator, Halo 5: Forge for Windows 10, and the sacrifice of Sgt. Forge and the surviving crew of the Spirit of Fire in Halo Wars 2. Chat, demos, sneak peeks and a QA session are a must for Halo fans, machinima makers and connoisseurs of myth and mirth.

Source

singhr1

So since Forge prefabs wont be in this update, this sorta confirms substantial support past June, right?

Also I hope H5 supports the new Xbox Arena features whenever they launch this summer.

No that doesn't "confirm" anything per se. But we've kinda expect more updates. Not just to forge. Like look at the Warzone Firefight update notes and its wording

The eighth and latest free content release, Warzone Firefight – named after the eponymous new mode – is the biggest expansion to Halo 5: Guardians yet and will arrive next Wednesday on June 29!

Notice the language of "latest" not last and "biggest expansion yet" implying there is more.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
the EG AR looks a bit lazy... the name appears to be cut off (EDIT: its not cut off, but seems poorly placed still). that pistol is awesome though, i'll buy :)

lesgo renegades!

singhr1

4GvbIkg.png

Is here a gaminv thread about all the hcs streams? If so someone should bump it every time they go live. Get those gaming folk hyped since they r already hyped about firefight.

Hahah ya right im jk itll never work

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Is here a gaminv thread about all the hcs streams? If so someone should bump it every time they go live. Get those gaming folk hyped since they r already hyped about firefight.

Hahah ya right im jk itll never work

there should be one, but week 4 is kind of late to the party... i thought of making one still though

Eg coming back and taking names.

Gg!!!

ar op

Op ivy - maybe this weekends events? Idk but maybe after firefight more ppl will be interested to be part of the halo culture :p

belushy

Banned

SEXY.

Its just straight up that EG Logo, thought the emblem would've had a bit of flair but it will look nice in game on the teams during the streams I think.

I wonder if the Renegades org will even exist in a few months

Yeah, I don't expect them to be around much longer (the org.) Ninja will attract some good teams, though. I'm hoping teams like Luminosity, Complexity, Faze, or Echo Fox look into them if the org does die.

edit: Surprise incoming? https://twitter.com/HCS/status/746144114371002368

edit2: more HCS skins: https://twitter.com/HCS/status/746147835440050177

FyreWulff

The reason they specified updates were "up to" June was because that's when Microsoft's fiscal year ends. It's just legal CYA etc snore snore stuff to deal with being a publically traded company.

tootsi666

Just saw that Faze picked up an Overwatch team before a Halo team :'(
Overwatch seems to be the place where failed FPS pros go right now and it's a Blizzard game so it will have a scene. Makes sense to invest in OW over Halo.

Those EG skins look cool. I don't usually buy microtransactions but EG is a prestigious brand and I like the Halo team. Do know the price yet?

blamite

The worst part about Halo 4/5's Master Chief armor is that the shoulders aren't physically connected to the actual suit. They're just floating like three inches away with not even a little piece of metal to attach them to the arm.

GIVE IT TO MEEEEEE

Top Bottom