• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

BizzyBum

Why don't teams just concentrate on keeping 2 bases in Strongholds? I know your score goes up by 2 points instead of 1 but seems like it would be easier to defend 2.

is that how the Company got the Achilles body?

christian-bale-wtf.gif

Madness

Pro league is on for anyone that forgot btw

I wish more would watch. Been a long time since I've seen great competitive Halo.

Hey Frank if you read this. Why is the old UNSC logo back in Halo Wars 2? Not that I am complaining. You guys shouldn't have changed it in first place but makes no sense that it switches between games like H2A which has old UNSC logo and then Halo 5 which has new and then back to old logo in Halo Wars 2, just like Chief armor change.

drugs, gringo.

I wish more would watch. Been a long time since I've seen great competitive Halo.

Hey Frank if you read this. Why is the old UNSC logo back in Halo Wars 2? Not that I am complaining. You guys shouldn't have changed it in first place but makes no sense that it switches between games like H2A which has old UNSC logo and then Halo 5 which has new and then back to old logo in Halo Wars 2, just like Chief armor change.

why change what isnt broken?

Madness

Yeah, it's kinda sad how the streams barely break 5K every time.

I think it is solely due to Xbox One. Dead console. I think the pivot to PC will pick it up again. Just too limited of audience for Halo 5. But I do like that 343 isn't shying away. Dedicated casters and consistent pro league etc. Tashi started the new podcast. Another world championship next year. But it is just hard with how few own an Xbox One let alone play it. Even Halo fans barely watching.

why change what isnt broken?

Share a similar sentiment.

Hey this is a bit off topic but if anyone has 2 spare PAX West passes could you PM me please!
I'm interested in purchasing some.
I want to take my girlfriend but I missed the sale :(

Thanks a lot

BizzyBum

I think it is solely due to Xbox One. Dead console. I think the pivot to PC will pick it up again. Just too limited of audience for Halo 5. But I do like that 343 isn't shying away. Dedicated casters and consistent pro league etc. Tashi started the new podcast. Another world championship next year. But it is just hard with how few own an Xbox One let alone play it. Even Halo fans barely watching.

Considering my Xbone is a dedicated Halo 5 machine I don't disagree. More people would watch if more people played the game which is why I was hoping for a PC port.

Madness

Considering my Xbone is a dedicated Halo 5 machine I don't disagree. More people would watch if more people played the game which is why I was hoping for a PC port.

Same. Literally bought this console for MCC. Now just a Halo 5 box and twitch to watch Halo streams box.

blamite

It makes sense for HW2 to have the old logo since Spirit of Fire has just been floating for decades with all that old 2530s gear. The real problem is that the game inexplicably uses the 2557 Warthog. Like... what?

Is "gringo" supposed to be associated with drugs?
I'm confused too.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=208274569&postcount=13016

reference to this.

It makes sense for HW2 to have the old logo since Spirit of Fire has just been floating for decades with all that old 2530s gear. The real problem is that the game inexplicably uses the 2557 Warthog. Like... what?

its obviously a subspecies of warthog. thats the reason for the design differences.
shite reason but a reason none the less

Madness

The other teams have caught upto CLG and routinely challenge them now. CLG is dropping games to OpTic, NV they barely won, E6 is up right now 2-1 etc. Their aggressive playstyle is now being emulated.

Unlike you nerds I don't play PC games, so I actually have a big backlog on Xbone.

But it's mostly because I'm usually just playing Halo lol

Haruko

Been busy recently (and finally started a gym membership), but I'll be on tomorrow night to go through my placement matches for June. Excited for the new update.

tootsi666

I don't think PC port would help with viewing numbers that much assuming PC version doesn't blow up. If console Halo fans aren't watching, why would PC players?

Everyone loses eventually. Even CLG

link1201

Given that the Mech is tuned around Warzone Firefight, it has to stand up to combined fire from 8 players with power weapons and vehicles, giving a satisfying challenge and not dying early enough for it to be anticlimactic. This means that tackling it one-on-one is likely to end poorly – a future campaign-tuned variant would be a lot of fun though (maybe too much fun?).
One note: a Grunt is shorter but wider than a Spartan, they actually require around the same amount of space (not relevant right now, but at some point, maybe?).
#gruntthetruth
what does it all mean?? lol
forgeable?

what does it all mean?? lol
forgeable?

means that they obviously are planning it to be pilot-able, but wont outright say it, because they suck at communication

and campaign-tuned, could mean showing up in Halo 6 or whatever supplemental game they work on. DLC is more than likely out of the question.

Anyone else ever notice how if you use an rp boost the game actually grants you less req points than normal for the regular part of the game? Did a wz assault game and it went all 3 rounds. Defended the core. 1100 points. Fuck that. You get more than that for losing when the game goes for only 6 minutes.

jfoul

This update looks great. It'll be interesting to see if we get a commitment, or road map for content following Warzone Firefight.

Top Bottom