• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

There's no dynamic system adjusting difficulty based on the REQs you and your teammates call in, I was commenting on the perceived encounter difficulty feeling dramatically different depending on the weapons and/or vehicles players call in.

Will there potentially be "harder" playlists for people (kind of like Reach's playlist had different difficulty gametypes for firefight) that want to try out their super REQs without it just being a snoozefest?

nzEtEyw.jpg

Was an honor serving with gosu

If only there were a way to take screenshots within the OS!

There's no dynamic system adjusting difficulty based on the REQs you and your teammates call in, I was commenting on the perceived encounter difficulty feeling dramatically different depending on the weapons and/or vehicles players call in.
Ahh, I see now. Totally read that differently than intended lol. Funny how language works, eh?

Thanks for clearing that up :]
If only there were a way to take screenshots within the OS!
lmfao

Wow...

Whether or not the "model" (which just gave a "number" for the expected amount of updates to come) came before or after the delay is beside the point. The discussion was specifically about the Reach update and a bummer failure to communicate that it too was delayed - after we were given a release window, unlike the rest of the model. My point was that your entire comment about it lining up with the "model" (if you can call it that) was pointless and devoid of content. They could have had some engine modifications that delayed everything, but the rest of the content production was on schedule and then released 2 (or more) updates in one month. This was one possibility that many of us assumed was the case until today. The roadmap isn't the point.

I never said they were supposed to adapt without criticism. How did you get that?

I don't want to use the word manufactured, but I'd imagine the content roadmap was very much made with the possibilities of delays in mind in a worst-case scenario. There's no other way to explain why monthly updates would inexplicably cut off in June / end in May even though the former is slated to be the final month of free content, and it's also probably why they didn't try laying out a definitive monthly release schedule to accompany the graphics, considering Warzone Firefight was listed as operating independently of the monthly updates, rather than being the sendoff for them.

The sound comment is basically trying to justify pointing venom and vitriol at 343 and suggesting that they wouldn't improve unless people were shitting on them constantly. I'm pretty sure certain wings of Halo 5's development have been gutted, reworked and/or have been slated to be augmented specifically because of politics behind the curtain combined with public constructive criticism (see Community Cartographers) rather than them only changing things in the face of people mailing arsenic to Bonnie's fitness instructor.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Will there potentially be "harder" playlists for people (kind of like Reach's playlist had different difficulty gametypes for firefight) that want to try out their super REQs without it just being a snoozefest?

Too early to talk about potential post-beta plans with any specificity since the mode isn't in the hands of everyone for another couple days. We have plans internally for how we want to move forward, but that will certainly change to some degree based on the player response and feedback.

So many good things about this one GIF from last night:

1. Three partied up WZ games over two nights and many restarts but still can't access the REQ system at all. Yes I tried hard restarts, waiting 30 seconds, dying/retry and in game REQ stations vs. spawning menu

2. No respawn for me. Helluva spawn point during no REQ Monday night, just to drip some fresh lemon into my salt wounds :(

OCcyBvD.gif

Trup1aya

Due to the nature of the REQ system, difficulty is always going to scale based on the cards you and your team use plus your individual effectiveness with said cards. What we've seen from internal playtests players in the wild have a different use cadence with cards they've earned/paid for compared to use using throwaway accounts with REQ we didn't earn.

With that said, this is a beta and we'll be listening out for all feedback for the full release.

Nice to know that, again, this is a true beta more so than a live demo.

I hope that it's calibrated such that teams typically fail between rounds 4 and 5. Since there will be a round limit, I feel like winning should be a rare occurance.

So many good things about this one GIF from last night:

1. Three partied up WZ games over two nights and many restarts but still can't access the REQ system at all. Yes I tried hard restarts, waiting 30 seconds, dying/retry and in game REQ stations vs. spawning menu

2. No respawn for me. Helluva spawn point during no REQ Monday night, just to drip some fresh lemon into my salt wounds :(

OCcyBvD.gif

lmao, i've gotten that spawn too

BraXzy

Watching Ninja stream, the lag is insane. Not actually witnessed lag that had rubberbanding and glitching about, so props to the servers when I've played I guess.

I don't want to use the word manufactured, but I'd imagine the content roadmap was very much made with the possibilities of delays in mind in a worst-case scenario. There's no other way to explain why monthly updates would inexplicably cut off in June / end in May even though the former is slated to be the final month of free content, and it's also probably why they didn't try laying out a definitive monthly release schedule to accompany the graphics, considering Warzone Firefight was listed as operating independently of the monthly updates, rather than being the sendoff for them.

The sound comment is basically trying to justify pointing venom and vitriol at 343 and suggesting that they wouldn't improve unless people were shitting on them constantly. I'm pretty sure certain wings of Halo 5's development have been gutted, reworked and/or have been slated to be augmented specifically because of politics behind the curtain combined with public constructive criticism (see Community Cartographers) rather than them only changing things in the face of people mailing arsenic to Bonnie's fitness instructor.

Comparing a respectful tweet to Bravo (followed by a reasonable reply and me being disappointed on a forum) to people being actual dicks to people hardly seems appropriate. The sound comment was meant as an example of when criticism is justified and when the problem was fixed, praise was also justified. Comparing anything I've said to "venom and vitriol" is pure sensationalism on your part and you fucking know it.

If I make a habit of not notifying folks at the test track or WSMR that our test requirements changed or that there was a delay or if they kept requesting a feature in our software and we just shrugged them off, I'd expect them to, at the very least, be bummed out, and wouldn't be justified in blaming them for complaints.

I understand that's not the perfect analogy because game devs aren't beholden to gamers with feature parity or anything like that, but the sentiment that I find online is kind of disconnected to other similar industry experience that I've observed. It's like saying people shouldn't complain about the development history of the F35.

Too early to talk about potential post-beta plans with any specificity since the mode isn't in the hands of everyone for another couple days. We have plans internally for how we want to move forward, but that will certainly change to some degree based on the player response and feedback.

"So you're saying there's a chance".gif

Comparing a respectful tweet to Bravo (followed by a reasonable reply and me being disappointed on a forum) to people being actual dicks to people hardly seems appropriate. The sound comment was meant as an example of when criticism is justified and when the problem was fixed, praise was also justified. Comparing anything I've said to "venom and vitriol" is pure sensationalism on your part and you fucking know it.

If I make a habit of not notifying folks at the test track or WSMR that our test requirements changed or that there was a delay or if they kept requesting a feature in our software and we just shrugged them off, I'd expect them to, at the very least, be bummed out, and wouldn't be justified in blaming them for complaints.

I understand that's not the perfect analogy because game devs aren't beholden to gamers with feature parity or anything like that, but the sentiment that I find online is kind of disconnected to other similar industry experience that I've observed. It's like saying people shouldn't complain about the development history of the F35.

You don't work at 343. They're a ring wrapped around the finger of one of the biggest companies in the world that was initially a hodgepodge of gamedev talent pulled from throughout the industry. The two situations are in no way comparable.

You don't work at 343. They're a ring wrapped around the finger of one of the biggest companies in the world that was initially a hodgepodge of gamedev talent pulled from throughout the industry. The two situations are in no way comparable.

You don't work for the DoD maintaining and testing billion dollar systems. Our squadrons are a ring wrapped around the finger of the largest military on the planet and we are literally a hodgepodge of engineers, officers, scientists, analysts, technicians (with overlap all over the place) pulled from throughout the academic, military, science, public sector, etc industries. We even lose our commander every couple years and suffer with setbacks and reorgs and new policies and shit and just when everything is starting to go sort of smoothly again, half of our staff is replaced/rotated out with no guarantee that the replacement officers' specialties will even be relevant.

You don't know what the fuck I do or what the work is like, and yet you claim there are no comparisons to be made. Believe it or not, some of us on these interwebs have experience with this type of corporate shit and have more sympathy than you could ever know for the people working at 343 and the clusterfuck of priorities they must sometimes juggle.

You don't work for the DoD maintaining and testing billion dollar systems. Our squadrons are a ring wrapped around the finger of the largest military on the planet and we are literally a hodgepodge of engineers, officers, scientists, analysts, technicians (with overlap all over the place) pulled from throughout the academic, military, science, public sector, etc industries. We even lose our commander every couple years and suffer with setbacks and reorgs and new policies and shit and just when everything is starting to go sort of smoothly again, half of our staff is replaced/rotated out with no guarantee that the replacement officers' specialties will even be relevant.

You don't know what the fuck I do or what the work is like, and yet you claim there are no comparisons to be made. Believe it or not, some of us on these interwebs have experience with this type of corporate shit and have more sympathy than you could ever know for the people working at 343 and the clusterfuck of priorities they must sometimes juggle.

How can you possibly say you have sympathy for them and then concurrently say they owe you an explanation for a free service?

How can you possibly say you have sympathy for them and then concurrently say they owe you an explanation for a free service?

A free service, the delivery of which we all bought into and agreed to when we put our trust in them by buying the game. With dollars. And is technically "subsidized" by the whales and whatnot. C'mon bro.

I have plenty of sympathy for the people. I would just like to know that shit was delayed. That's it. Why is that a problem for you/others? Bravo handled the issue well, imo. As far as 343 the corporate entity, I don't see why it/they should be immune from legitimate complaints.

But I'm sure you'll find another way to push the issue back further and avoid acknowledging the rebuttal of your assertions re: my life or anything else in this convo. For what reason I can only imagine.

Lets get back to the real problems at 343

Why the hell did Bravo call it the reddit skin when it was clearly a gaf skin? I'm still losing sleep over this. Barvo y u hate us!!!!!

343 pls respond

GOSU ONLY 9 KILLZ L O L O L O L

horse.gif

anuxi_rum.gif
anuxi_rum.gif
anuxi_rum.gif

I'll play with you lets get a whole group and play Team Arena yo

>=D the reclamation will begin.. Ahem i mean.. Yeah man!! Kido watching the good dinosaur atm. How long will you be on tonight?

9 kills total for your Halo 5 career? Higher than I expected ;)

Ask Strider! He just hit Onyx.

I heard its higher than your average. Ooooooohhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

BraXzy

Who would win in a fight, Luke Cage or Agent Locke?
Mike Colter isn't an acceptable answer

neither is Ike Amadi

TIL Mike Colter didn't voice Locke in-game.

I have no idea who would win Mjolnir vs Unbreakable skin?

I heard its higher than your average. Ooooooohhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

My K/D has gone up recently not that I know how so I'm pretty much ready to go for pro league I'll have you know. Because K/D means everything.

TIL Mike Colter didn't voice Locke in-game.

I have no idea who would win Mjolnir vs Unbreakable skin?

My K/D has gone up recently not that I know how so I'm pretty much ready to go for pro league I'll have you know. Because K/D means everything.

Did you watch jessica jones? He gets knocked the fuck out!
by a point blank shotgun i believe
so i think the spartan will win. Hell just precision shoot his eyeballs.

Yeah bro kd means errthang. Dont you know this?? Everyone with 2.9kd or higher are all pros. Everyone with .87 kd or lower are old wise men who laugh. Muah hah ha ha ha hah hah... Ha.. Ha..... :'(

BraXzy

Did you watch jessica jones? He gets knocked the fuck out!
by a point blank shotgun i believe
so i think the spartan will win. Hell just precision shoot his eyeballs.

No yet I'm afraid, I've started Daredevil though. Jessica Jones will probably next on the watch list :)

No yet I'm afraid, I've started Daredevil though. Jessica Jones will probably next on the watch list :)

Aw man. Watch season 1 of dardevil then season one of jeasica jones. After that go back to daredevil for season 2. Its weird how they are chronical in events like that.

You get more out of dd season 2 if you watch jessica jones first.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Had a pretty fun Warzone match even though we lost. We only lost by 30 despite not getting the Warden twice and Dahlman.

60 fps is so fucking good. I was playing the Division most of the day and it runs at 30 fps with drops, it feels like crap. Playing something like H5 that is constantly 60 fps is lovely.

And people would rather have better graphics over fps? Fuck that.

I hope you didnt think i forgot about you Furious Demise!!!

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/SaMuRaI G0SU/video/14528893

>=D. Now be in shame and ask for forgivness!!! Muahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaa

That never happened!

BraXzy

Aw man. Watch season 1 of dardevil then season one of jeasica jones. After that go back to daredevil for season 2. Its weird how they are chronical in events like that.

You get more out of dd season 2 if you watch jessica jones first.

Alternatively, it could make Jessica Jones better after watching season 2 of Daredevil ;]

Agh mixed messages. I didn't realise they tied so closely together.

So which is is? D1 J1 D2 or D1 D2 J1? :D

EYEL1NER

Agh mixed messages. I didn't realise they tied so closely together.

So which is is? D1 J1 D2 or D1 D2 J1? :D
I would go the first one, in order of release. That is how I watched them and I was fine with all three seasons but thinking now about some of the people's complaints about DDS1 and JJS1, it might be best to use that order. There are a couple characters in DD that annoy some people and one of them does something that pissed people off, so having JJ in there gives you a short break from those characters. A lot of people also felt that JJ drug a bit in the middle and ran a bit long, maybe could have had an episode or two trimmed out. So I feel like it would be best in the middle knowing that you have the stellar DD season 2 to look forward to after, rather than last when you might want to stop watching it. But yeah, having a break from
Karen
in Daredevil would be optimum.

Got destroyed in Eden today in strongholds. Team work fell apart but it's about what two points to try to control because spawning is a mess when you have the wrong two point. Want to overall like strongholds but at the end of the day just want crazy King.

Got destroyed in Eden today in strongholds. Team work fell apart but it's about what two points to try to control because spawning is a mess when you have the wrong two point. Want to overall like strongholds but at the end of the day just want crazy King.

I really dislike the "cap and a point and borderline camp it/thrust into it and AR" that strongholds is at the moment. I like the control and movement of KOTH.

Madness

Just ran into Fatstronaut, ExWife and ZosoAchilles in Warzone. It sucked because Warzone turbo took a lot of my REQ's away.

Top Bottom