• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Lren

Been dropping off tanks and rocket hogs for my team mates since I'm a terrible driver. Really liking the wasp though for FF, same with using a banshee. Both can be great for spotting targets and directing team mates towards an area where enemies are spawning.

Zereta

Dump a bunch of fuel rods on Boss Wraith, doing more than half of the damage, get shot at by other enemies, stop firing at Wraith for a couple of seconds to stop the incoming fire.

Teammates kill the boss, I get no credit whatsoever, no points.

cFgb5p5e1My3K.gif

This has happened multiple times, its kinda crazy.

Otherwise though, Firefight seems great so far. Have won maybe 3 games out of like 10? But the req pack pinata that Firefight has exploded has been amazing. Finally got a DMR out of it.

Now just give me the Halo 2 BR and we're all good.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
lol, FF really needs some work in balancing. just played a match on apex where rd 2 was defend the generators. problem, the generators were on the other side of the map and by the time we got there one was already taken out and the second (and last) was in the process of getting destroyed.

and i have yet to complete rd 1 defend the armory on darkstar LOL. so.many.knights.

Fuchsdh

Also, those Beam Rifle Elites or the Soldiers wielding human arms feel like "Heretic Elites from Reach FF" level of bullshit difficulty. See? It is a true Firefight experience!

singhr1

Also, those Beam Rifle Elites or the Soldiers wielding human arms feel like "Heretic Elites from Reach FF" level of bullshit difficulty. See? It is a true Firefight experience!

I forgot they existed until they returned yesterday. And I'm like, "Ohhhh these dudes! I don't miss this at all..."

I got REQt a couple of times from soldiers in rocket hogs and elites "boarding" my rally hog and ultra wraith

Guys!

Warzone Firefight is FUCKING AMAZING!

I love basically everything about it. Solid challenge level, compelling gameplay loop. Shit is FANTASTIC. Maybe some of the shine will wear off later on, as I start to see stuff multiple times over, but right now? VUNDEBAR. Soldier Bandits, Hunters spawning in this little mini-fortress on Darkstar, so many great moments!

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Looks like between the promotional bonus and WZFF commendations I'm going to have over 25 gold packs.

I tried to board a wraith ultra and it put up the prompt for it but when it went around the circle it stopped at the end. Did it like 5 times in a row. I'm kinda sad I can't use my mad bomber skills on FF tanks.

I obliterated so many soldiers with saws using a ghost ultra. I love that thing.

Firefight is truly amazing the more i think about it. Even when losing all of the matches i've played so far, i did not get upset or frusterated like i would in Arena/Warzone. I'm itching to play again to see if i can get a different map. Sure, there some tweaks that need to be done here and there. Tweaks that can be addressed server side, so i expect hotfixes and updates incoming soon.

Granted i barely get upset, but when i do it deflates my motivation to play Halo for days.

Loomba

I just won 1 WZFF match and got 10 fuckin req packs lmao

Where the hell was all these when I actually needed them, I have everything I want now!

Deacon Pipap really dislikes me. Went out of his way one of the two times I fought him yesterday to kill me and generally made my life miserable.

Breaking all our important parts indeed.

Amazing what they can do when they step away from the human industrial obsession.

what am I reading right now?

Finally got Prospect on Warzone Assault, holy shit what a great looking map.

It plays great too, but the mirror flipped Garage is a mindfuck the first few times.

Deacon Pipap really dislikes me. Went out of his way one of the two times I fought him yesterday to kill me and generally made my life miserable.

Breaking all our important parts indeed.

Y'all motherfuckers need Jesus Forerunners!

Grisby

Firefight is awesome, but seemingly more difficult than the beta. On the third round and we get those commander mantis's that regen their shields in like a tenth of a second. With only level 3 reqs or whatever it was, we got hammered.

Plasma

Banned
Sometimes I wonder if people playing this have ever played a videogame before. Bombed out on the first round of FF because my team sat outside the base we were supposed to defend.

I wouldn't even know that Molten was a "remix" of Rig. It looks and plays completely different.

I also guess I got lucky as my first firefight match I won with randoms, probably because we all called in tanks in round 5. lol

Really? it has pretty much the same exact dimensions and basic bases (engine 2 is now that room, tower is now tiny, yellow corner is there, bunker is unchanged minus the walkay to e2.

So we should get atleast 2 more updates, spectator mode, sanctum assault map, rest of pro team skins, in game file share and the forge pre fabs or whatever those were.

blamite

Played 10+ games of arena earlier and didn't see Molten once...

HAve they said what playlists it's in? I don't play Team Arena but I was thinkign maybe it just wouldn't be in there since that playlist is supposed to be Pro League gametypes only? I played two or three matches in Team Slayer and played Molten in like the second one.

Dice

Played one game of BTB just to use a legendary booster and it was strongholds. We lost by over 100 points and I was the top player on my team (which really should not be). Sure enough, most of my team were brand new players.

yrt1FM3.gif

Gonna stick to FF at least till the free play days are over.

Played one game of BTB just to use a legendary booster and it was strongholds. We lost by over 100 points and I was the top player on my team (which really should not be). Sure enough, most of my team were brand new players.

Gonna stick to FF at least till the free play days are over.

Wonderful, i was already on the team that gets destroyed 80% of the time before the free play stuff. This should be fun.

Man there are some bullshit deaths in FF. Nothing is worse than when you deal the majority of the damage on a boss, even use reqs, and then die right before it's killed. Get no credit. And the long respawn timers are total crap. Love staring at a timer for 15-20+ seconds.

Also, blamite already mentioned it, but it's not cool to move into a round that didn't have enough enemies to req level up, and then you get something like banshees for the next round and everyone is on req level 2, or 3 at most. Impossibe to get past if that happens.

Last complaint is it would be nice if there were better markers to know where a big group of enemies is about to spawn. I somehow always end up in the middle of a group that appears out of nowhere. Like in round 5 the markers show that the bosses will be in the back of the base. Then 10 seconds later the entire enemy armada spawns out front while people are running through. What the fuck is that lol?

This game i had most kills, used a Phaeton for crying out loud. Credit for 2 boss kills when everyone else had 4 to 7. Yeah okay. Jenniferlawrenceokay.gif

Those are my major gripes. Other than that, I'm enjoying FF a lot.

Dice

I agree that the spawn timers are just bad. The challenge is balanced enough without it, I think, not to mention what everyone is saying about spawning on the other side of the whole fucking map so you lose 30 seconds anyway. Sitting around watching a timer is not only unfun, it's not even playing. If you want to work on game balance, it's really probably best to use techniques that involve your players actually playing.

Anyway, I ran inventory and I'm under 30 silvers left. Very exciting!

I agree that the spawn timers are just bad. The challenge is balanced enough without it, I think, not to mention what everyone is saying about spawning on the other side of the whole fucking map so you lose 30 seconds anyway. Sitting around watching a timer is not only unfun, it's not even playing. If you want to work on game balance, it's really probably best to use techniques that involve your players actually playing.

Anyway, I ran inventory and I'm under 30 silvers left. Very exciting!

Or, let me choose my spawn. Choose one of the bases or one of your teammates. If i could just spawn on my buddy, the timer wouldn't bother me. I can set up my reqs and get ready while im dead anyway.

edit: on a side note, you know what would be cool? if the people who joined a FF game in progress would just drop down in that ODST drop pod.

Top Bottom