• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

TCKaos

woersmC.png

Well this is awkward hahaha :p

SHHHH HE ISN'T SUPPOSED TO KNOW

Team of 4 from down under gave FF a run last night, I'm happy they didn't make it a cakewalk. 5 losses and 5 wins from our session with half randies, not bad at all and it was totally enjoyable win or lose. Solid work there 343 and the connections were fucking great, kudos!

Darkstar - defeat
Urban - defeat
Darkstar - defeat
Sanctum - victory
Darkstar - victory
Stormbreak - victory
Sanctum - victory
Apex 7 - defeat
Sanctum - defeat
A.R.C. - victory

Only had one connection issue, 4 players were dropped from the start of the FF game (two from our fireteam and two randies). Check out the Spartan models stuck in game even though the players were booted:

http://xboxclips.com/Ozzy+Onya+A2Z/3c3410bf-7259-4b24-8286-4f3479176dcf

Also highest kills by a single player in one game was 128. Damn.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
this is going to be renegades best shot to beat clg since clg is playing with a(n amazing) sub. lets go boys! unfortunately, they have been playing pretty poorly lately, i dont expect them to pull the upset even with royal 2 out.

Anyone want to knock out the "Party Hearty" Score Attack achievement quick? It's supposed to be pretty easy, just race through the first level on Normal with a handful of skulls on. GT is thoseAREmySHOES :D

Kalentan

The 3 Warden Eternals on Round 5 of Stormbreak is just fucking stupid. Like... Goddamn it is impossible to down all 3 when you only have like ~3 or min left. And they're in the worst spots so tanks and wraiths have the worst time trying to hit them.

singhr1

GGs everyone

The 3 Warden Eternals on Round 5 of Stormbreak is just fucking stupid. Like... Goddamn it is impossible to down all 3 when you only have like ~3 or min left. And they're in the worst spots so tanks and wraiths have the worst time trying to hit them.

almost all of the boss spawns in the base are dumb, no space for anything really

Kalentan

Just lost on Arc defending. 22 enemies, like eight Knights inside. You couldn't even walk into the garage for a second before dying.

op_ivy

Just lost on Arc defending. 22 enemies, like eight Knights inside. You couldn't even walk into the garage for a second before dying.

i get that for rd 1 on darkstar constantly. its perfectly doable, though still challenging, until the knights show up. then its kiss your ass good bye and prepare for the wipe. pardon the pun.

op_ivy

lol, strongside and elamite are talking about map movement, jumps and ghost jumping and how you need to know these things to be successful.... shouldnt these guys know that it was removed? thanks for the salt in the wound.

mo60

My hands are starting to hurt so I'm out. GG to everyone I played with. WFF is way easier with a coordinated team.

Kssio_Aug

The worst is when you do and then only one other teammate does and you get the boss down to a sliver of health. I try to just think it is a bunch of noobs on free play days who have no REQs.

I was just wondering about it! Almost no one using REQs! =o

However, the 1st two matches I tried today did not allow me to use REQ packs, it just gave me a message saying "retrieving data..." without allowing me to access the REQ menu. Maybe that could be the issue.

Trup1aya

So... Did anyone watch EG just
blow a 98-38 lead in strongholds
against ALG

Edit:

Roy just ended with
kills in a CTF match end the series!!!

After all the Firefight matches of today with the veterans of HaloGAF ;) I think that the game mode is also difficult because a lot of people are new to the game and simply don't know what to do, what do you guys think?

¡VIVA HALOGAF!

mo60

After all the Firefight matches of today with the veterans of HaloGAF ;) I think that the game mode is also difficult because a lot of people are new to the game and simply don't know what to do, what do you guys think?

¡VIVA HALOGAF!

There are also some round scenarios that don't belong in certain rounds on some of the maps that add to it's difficulty.

Nowise10

I see 343 didn't learn anything from the beta with the "Defend the garage" wave. Its actually even harder now, because you can't steal the Phaetons anymore in the sky to help. Gotten it 3 times now since Firefight launched and have failed it everytime with a full team and with randies.

On a good note, 343 has been drowning me in free gold packs from Firefight. Love it.

Pipap is a fuck.

Confirmed. This is literally the one encounter I feel can just be unwinnable even with a full team of decent players with good REQs. One shot from him kills any vehicle. One/two from his adds (IC knights) and same thing. And the knights respawn constantly. It feels like this one encounter did not get playtested very well/much at all.

Warxard

Banned
My asscheeks were clenched in this WZFF match. 20 seconds left, praying that this scattershot would kill the Mythic Warden. Whewwwwwww.

Confirmed. This is literally the one encounter I feel can just be unwinnable even with a full team of decent players with good REQs. One shot from him kills any vehicle. One/two from his adds (IC knights) and same thing. And the knights respawn constantly. It feels like this one encounter did not get playtested very well/much at all.

Although I found if you lure him into the temple on Assault on Sanctum you can abuse the geometry by attacking him from far above.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I think you could beat him with a full team of Selene's Lances. There is a construction fairly far away from him on the other side from where the knights are so they won't target you, and you can duck behind when he does his supercombine.

I wonder what bosses pop up after him tho since he's just the first of three.

Although I found if you lure him into the temple on Assault on Sanctum you can abuse the geometry by attacking him from far above.

I think you could beat him with a full team of Selene's Lances. There is a construction fairly far away from him on the other side from where the knights are so they won't target you, and you can duck behind when he does his supercombine.

We've only played him on Apex 7. His encounter is basically broken on that map. He spawns on the beach and so do literally all of the knights that protect him. There is no safe way to approach him and the knights. At best they just concentrate their fire on one side of the beach and give the other a reprieve for a couple seconds.

mo60

If you have enough blood of subans and stay a certain distance away from him, but close enough to actually use the weapon effectivly you can do a decent amount of damage to him with that weapon. I found it pretty effective on the version of the grunt goblin on march on stormbreak.

Esque7

We've only played him on Apex 7. His encounter is basically broken on that map. He spawns on the beach and so do literally all of the knights that protect him. There is no safe way to approach him and the knights. At best they just concentrate their fire on one side of the beach and give the other a reprieve for a couple seconds.
I tried attacking him from a safe distance with a temple banshee but he still got me. I think it would be best to use weapons on him from afar next time. But who comes after Pipat? There's just not enough time.

Getting on for some wz ff. If anyone is still playing feel free to join or send an invite. But I have no mic and if my elite dies then I have no sound either lol.

Just played 2 hours of WZFF with a party of 8 people. What a freaking blast. It was incredibly difficult though, we only won like three games. The timing on some of the final bosses in the last round is a little too strict.

Top Bottom