• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Ade

Mrs Ade was bored as I was hogging the TV playing Firefight, so she made my horrifically difficult LE Metal Earth Guardian thing:

VpfMwHs.jpg

Being able to spawn in the base of your choosing or on a teammate would be fantastic. Or removing the long timers and perhaps rebalancing the difficulty would also be much better. But I agree I think the difficulty would be plenty fine without the long timers.
Thanks for the big picture
Rofl sorry. I put it in quotes. I'm on my phone so I can't even tell.

Fuchsdh

Wraith Ultra continues to be GOAT vehicle for WZ FF.

Seems like just because of the positioning required the interior mythic bosses are far and away the hardest, followed by the ones that spawn on the beach on Apex 7 (since there is absolutely no good cover.)

I have played at least 10 games to completion, plus one or two disconnects, and won... 3 times. Seems about right, the percentage will boost once people figure out the bosses and such more effectively.

how does the game determine who the top player is? like 3 times today alone someone with less points, less mythic kills and less boss kills somehow gets top player over me

Burn those REQs, lol. Its worth it for gold packs. I also make sure the team is looking decent before dumping any real big vehicles out there.
I'd feel better about burning REQs if using a REQ made it more likely to get another one of the same type. Likewise, selling a REQ card should make those particular drops less likely.

But as it is, I only have a few cards for the good power weapons and attack vehicles so I never want to use them since I have no idea how long it'll be before I see another one.

I'm also hesitant to use the rarer cards because I've died in quite a few cheap ways already - where enemies have literally spawned in all around me.

jem0208

Not actually played the new firefight yet as I'm on holiday but would removing all (or a portion) of your req energy upon death work better than increasing respawn timers?

EYEL1NER

I knew the update went live but wasn't able to keep up with the thread. I checked once and saw the good news that the Spartan Company members showed online now (though I'm not seeing anyone online). I had the update downloading overnight and just hopped on. Free gold packs for playing Firefight? New Daily Login REQ packs? Fantastic stuff. About to try my first FF game. I'm can't wait to see what the increased difficulty over the beta is like.

EDIT: SC members now show online. Just took a bit for it to work on my side. Played FF on the new map, lost in fourth round to the four Mantis enemies. I was on a vanilla ghost and helped kill two of them but the one that spawns on the second floor inside the armory wrecked me. It definitely feels harder to me. Glad to have WZ FF back! I felt like I didn't play it as much as I should have during the beta, despite getting in a good amount of games.

If anyone wants to play some Firefight, just join my fireteam or drop me a party invite.

Mrs Ade was bored as I was hogging the TV playing Firefight, so she made my horrifically difficult LE Metal Earth Guardian thing:

I think I'm gonna build that on the flight to Maui next month. That, or one of the other handful of unbuilt Metal Earth models I get as party favors. The Millennium Falcon, or Kylo Ren's dropship? Who knows!

Vico

Damn, that's a great update! Played for four hours, and I've not even seen half of the new content.

The wasp is already one of my favorite Halo vehicles, 343 did a damn good job on it. Only used it in Firefight, but I can't wait to try it out in Warzone.

Firefight is soooooooo good, by the way! The map/objective variety is really good for now! Played ten matches in Arena (Team Slayer), and I've not seen Molten once, though.

Damn, that's a great update! Played for four hours, and I've not even seen half of the new content.

The wasp is already one of my favorite Halo vehicles, 343 did a damn good job on it. Only used it in Firefight, but I can't wait to try it out in Warzone.

Firefight is soooooooo good, by the way! The map/objective variety is really good for now! Played ten matches in Arena (Team Slayer), and I've not seen Molten once, though.

Prepare to die

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Reached level 80 and I think it's time to give it a rest for a bit. Today's highlights include getting the base DMR, heavy shot DMR, and temple wraith cert.

Promethean spawn numbers need to be toned way the fuck down. Covenant objectives are just right, but Prometheans? Dozens of Crawlers, lots of extremely accurate Soldiers, Soldier Commandos with Splinter Turrets, and then Knights. Knights are tanky as hell, and later rounds are nonstop Battlewagons that take around 3 tank shells to down. It's absolutely ridiculous. Deacon Pipap would be a snap on Round 5 if it weren't for the fact that he's backed by several Knights and Battlewagons.

And "Defend" objectives are still ludicrously difficult. The number of enemies that spawn in those rounds are extremely difficult to keep in check, and they always guard the entrances to the objects of Defense, meaning there's usually a Soldier or two with a Splinter Turret, a handful of Crawlers, and at least one Knight waiting to kick your ass back to the spawn screen.

Trup1aya

Man, On twitch, I watched some Warzone God wrecking shop with the Wasp...

I've always been terrible with Halo's aerial vehicles, and he made it seem like the damn thing was OP.

I ain't got the cert, but I want to get practice in on these things :(

blamite

I think Arena rank should be given after 5 games completion. 10 is too long. That way you'll be placed with proper skilled players asap.

You're still being matched by skill anyway, you just can't see it yet. Maybe that'd be a concern if you had never played a game in a given playlist, but I think it's pretty much proven that your invisible MMR carries over between seasons even though your visible rank is reset.

Wasp is a game changer in vanilla warzone, had a team spawn 4 of them together, just wrecked us.

There is no use spawning one I'm retaliation unless others do the same, and without teamwork that won't happen.
And as its low req is required you don't have the option to spawn a splaser, hydra etc to take them out... BR won't do the job.

Karl2177

So if you sign in on Waypoint, you can still get a daily login pack without needing to be near your Xbox. I just signed in on Waypoint and got a Nornfang out of that pack.

UzED4XFl.png

Wasp is a game changer in vanilla warzone, had a team spawn 4 of them together, just wrecked us.

There is no use spawning one I'm retaliation unless others do the same, and without teamwork that won't happen.
And as its low req is required you don't have the option to spawn a splaser, hydra etc to take them out... BR won't do the job.
Yes it will. Shoot the rotors.

TCKaos

Need more nerds for Firefight. Message TCKaos on live to get in.

I'm patiently waiting for Gringo to realize that I brought Zoso so we have 9 players instead of 8 so now I need more people to make my own party with blackjack and hookers.

Need more nerds for Firefight. Message TCKaos on live to get in.

I'm patiently waiting for Gringo to realize that I brought Zoso so we have 9 players instead of 8 so now I need more people to make my own party with blackjack and hookers.

woersmC.png

Well this is awkward hahaha :p

Top Bottom