• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Cross-posting a pic from the Miniatures games thread of my covenant ships from Halo Fleet Battles. They are going to look sweet painted.

WP_20160410_13_42_37_Rich_LI_zpsgi2abkio.jpg

SaylorMan

Looking for players to party with! Customs, Arena or Warzone. I have a few mates that all play, and we're all varied in skill level, Bronzes all the way to Diamond/Onyx.

Im from New Zealand, so if anyone is keen you'll have to hail from NZ or Auzzy.
Send me a message, SaylorMan666 and we'll play sometime.

P.S: First post. I'm finally a man!

Ade

Finally got my splaser kills done, meaning I've nailed all the weapon commendations done granting me a nice Cheif emblem to use.

Dropped some of my 1.2 mill reqs on gold packs to farm some XP rewards and have discovered how amazingly easy it is to destroy everyone in Warzone when you have infinite Ultra ghosts, Banshees, Nornfangs and Oni Mantises. It really does get silly.

The stream looked good, albeit easy, but I do expect to get constantly matched with 7 people who don't want to spend any reqs...

Thoughts on Hannibal vehicles, as judged by using them in tonight's games:

Mantis - a little better than the ONI Mantis, but still too easy to kill/jack

Scorpion - with a half decent turret gunner, this thing is unstoppable. Holy shit balls it's amazing! And I had TCKaos as a gunner, so you know it's nuts.

TCKaos

OOOHHHHH

mNQrMtz.gif

Scorpion - with a half decent turret gunner, this thing is unstoppable. Holy shit balls it's amazing! And I had TCKaos as a gunner, so you know it's nuts.

I got an Overkill with the damn thing, which is just fucking unheard of.

IHaveIce

Banned

Yeah like I said yesterday I've got 10+ Hannibal Scorpions I think I'm ready for whatever wave comes in firefight.

EYEL1NER

GG EYELINER

#REQt
I was surprised when I was playing that first match against you guys because I was like "Hey, I know who that guy is. Funny coincidence. Wait, I know who that is too. And I think I recognize that name as well. And- Well, let me check after the match and- yeah, he is HaloGAF too." Thanks for the invite. I wasn't planning on staying up 'til 5:30 playing but I had a lot of fun. I got to see what a stepped-up callout game sounds like.
That was actually me playing better than I have been in Warzone, too. I had gotten to where I grew kind of complacent with sitting in an armory after capturing it with the intention of 'I am going to defend this and not let the other team take it.' So 7-10 kills last night a Warzone match was better than the 2 or 3 I would get before that. Some of those first couple matches were intense though just because some of the other teams had far-beyond-decent players. What did that one guy go again, 74 kills by himself?
Like I said though, I still had a good time. Looking forward to this weekend when everyone is on and playing Firefight (and calling in those big REQs too, I'm gonna be carried through those a bit I imagine by younguysnwith 57 Wraiths and stuff, though I was excited last night to finally get the license and a couple REQs for the Spartan Laser after only having one of them for weeks).
OOOHHHHH

mNQrMtz.gif

I got an Overkill with the damn thing, which is just fucking unheard of.
Ha! I heard the fallout from that one. That was pretty cool.

EYEL1NER

that bummer when you try to cash in on one of your gambit cards for RP and your team gets wrecked : /
I prefer it to using one like "Most Kills" and joining a match that is a second or two away from being over. I have had it happen a few times with Grifball, which sucks because it is rare that I don't get the most or second-most kills in that. And it is always the "Most Kills" one too, never the "Victory" REQ or others.

BlackJet

that bummer when you try to cash in on one of your gambit cards for RP and your team gets wrecked : /

Legendary victory cards are the worst. I'm not a gambling kind of guy so I hardly use them, and when I do it just causes me so much stress.

I usually don't care if my team loses as long as I feel like I'm having fun.

I have to say, it looks fun. Are the games "win-able" if youre not 8 players?

I dont think it will ever be below 8 players, unless someone quits during the match. Believe its match-made to equal 8 players before starting.

UNLESSS, they said you can do customs or start a firefight game without having 8 spartans. i didnt catch much of the stream so i might be missing some info.

I dont think it will ever be below 8 players, unless someone quits during the match. Believe its match-made to equal 8 players before starting.

UNLESSS, they said you can do customs or start a firefight game without having 8 spartans. i didnt catch much of the stream so i might be missing some info.

I didnt hear anything about customs when i watched it.

Ryde3

Not too interested in that pack since it's all consumables, but knowing me I'll still buy it :(

Spent more on REQs than all Halo past DLC combined, easy haha.

Top Bottom