• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Akai__

We only completed 2 of the 31 needed Commendations. But if you want numbers, compare HaloGAF to The Sauna for example.

Only 29200 Prometheans to kill after we complete the current Level 4 one, which is at 5953/14400. The Warzone AI stuff will certainly speed up with Firefight, but it will still take a long time to complete the rest.

I'm so good at this game.

cSs1UP7.png

Karl2177

We only completed 2 of the 31 needed Commendations. But if you want numbers, compare HaloGAF to The Sauna for example.

Only 29200 Prometheans to kill after we complete the current Level 4 one, which is at 5953/14400. The Warzone AI stuff will certainly speed up with Firefight, but it will still take a long time to complete the rest.

sc-kill_comms.png

Joe

Can anyone suggest me a site or video that gives the absolute Halo 5 arena multiplayer basics?

I've been playing FPS games for a long time and I'm a decent player overall, but I am terrible at Halo 5 MP. I have really high accuracy and I'm relatively hard to kill but I always finish with very low overall damage and with a 1.0 ratio or slightly worse.

I just feel like I'm approaching and playing the game completely wrong.

Can anyone suggest me a site or video that gives the absolute Halo 5 arena multiplayer basics?

I've been playing FPS games for a long time and I'm a decent player overall, but I am terrible at Halo 5 MP. I have really high accuracy and I'm relatively hard to kill but I always finish with very low overall damage and with a 1.0 ratio or slightly worse.

A low kill/death isn't uncommon in the diamond/onyx ranks. If you're floating around 1.30 than that's pretty good.

Fuchsdh

All this talk had me check my stats. I'm a 1.15 K/D in Platinum Arena, for comparison. Your K/D probably doesn't really correlate well to your rank outside of pure slayer though.

Akai__

Did anybody ever get a Sayonara Medal?

Sayonara

Damage an enemy before they fall to their death.

I have done that a coupple times, but haven't received that medal even once. Tested it in Custom Games and it doesn't work there either.

Did anybody ever get a Sayonara Medal?

I have done that a coupple times, but haven't received that medal even once. Tested it in Custom Games and it doesn't work there either.

Never got the medal either despite fulfilling the requirement dozens of times. I think it's just borked.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I really like the chunky look of Atlas armor especially the jetpack that looks like an 80s action figure, but I'm not keen on the chest piece that looks like a baseball.

Yeah, this is the stutter bullshit I've been having too. So bad.
In that particular case I did go in expecting to die, but I had stolen the sword from an enemy so I wanted to pick up a triple for fun. Almost got there. :/ Other times the lag spikes have been more frustrating and contributed to the loss of bases.

BraXzy

All this talk had me check my stats. I'm a 1.15 K/D in Platinum Arena, for comparison. Your K/D probably doesn't really correlate well to your rank outside of pure slayer though.

My K/D checking HaloTracker has been... surprisingly consistant.

860e8de00f4e7e5eafb2cde322eaef7e.png

jem0208

Record some gameplay and I'm sure people would be happy to provide some tips and advice. It's quite hard to help if we don't know what you're doing wrong.

I think you can record up to 10 minutes using the XboxDVR app.

Something else you can do which would probably help is watch pros play. There's really good players streaming every night and it can give a good insight on how to move around the maps, what the power positions are, the best strategies etc.

Some good ones to watch are Ninja, Spartan and Naded.

My aim is a lot more consistent now. I had my sen at 4 and 2 with a 5% on outer because my right stick is longer than my left. So I changed my outer to 0% and it’s a lot better. The turning kind of feels slower, but I’ll get use to it. My first game of multi-team with it was a JiP and I went on a Running Riot and went 16-1.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I have finally mostly adjusted to green thumb with tap-clamber, but still adjusting to 6 sensitivity. If I can work it out properly it'll be ideal because I want my turning response potential to be high.

My K/D checking HaloTracker has been... surprisingly consistant.

860e8de00f4e7e5eafb2cde322eaef7e.png

Looked at mine.. :(

I. Am. Sad.

My aim is a lot more consistent now. I had my sen at 4 and 2 with a 5% on outer because my right stick is longer than my left. So I changed my outer to 0% and it’s a lot better. The turning kind of feels slower, but I’ll get use to it. My first game of multi-team with it was a JiP and I went on a Running Riot and went 16-1.

So you used to have it at 5% now changed it to 0%. I'll give that a try myself as it seems you are using the Tall stick for your right thumb stick right?

2 as in accel?

So you used to have it at 5% now changed it to 0%. I'll give that a try myself as it seems you are using the Tall stick for your right thumb stick right?

2 as in accel?

Yeah, I had outer at 5% and inner at 0% with a 4 sen and 2 accel. However, sometimes I was really whiffing my shots, so I changed outer to 0%. It's a lot more consistent now.

Something else you can do which would probably help is watch pros play. There's really good players streaming every night and it can give a good insight on how to move around the maps, what the power positions are, the best strategies etc.

Some good ones to watch are Ninja, Spartan and Naded.

This is what I'd suggest. Watching pros is the best bet to pick up good habits. Halo is also very mental you can really do a number on yourself of you're expecting to play badly.

BraXzy

This is what I'd suggest. Watching pros is the best bet to pick up good habits. Halo is also very mental you can really do a number on yourself of you're expecting to play badly.

It's insane watching pro's just seeing how quick they are at doing all the little things, picking up weapons, changing position, making jumps. There's a reason why they're pro obviously.

Definitely a good source of overall tips.

Yeah i espcially dispise those people on the mic who constantly say negative things. Striaght from the beginning like how trash the map is, how trash the spawns are, how trash the map flow is and whatever else they can think of. So happy for mute cause as soon as i did that, i started to play a bit better and not listen to that jerk-off. we won. so i unmuted and the guy was yelling " get on our level, get on our level, get on our level ". lol

edit: srub suggestions -

Also remember that there are skill jumps still. Crouch jumping leads to way better flow on maps. Dont you dare think clamber replaced skill jumps.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah i espcially dispise those people on the mic who constantly say negative things. Striaght from the beginning like how trash the map is, how trash the spawns are, how trash the map flow is and whatever else they can think of. So happy for mute cause as soon as i did that, i started to play a bit better and not listen to that jerk-off. we won. so i unmuted and the guy was yelling " get on our level, get on our level, get on our level ". lol

edit: srub suggestions -

Also remember that there are skill jumps still. Crouch jumping leads to way better flow on maps. Dont you dare think clamber replaced skill jumps.

Lol, cant stand people like that.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member

Halo 5, The golf of MP shooters. Sometimes I can definitely be my own worst enemy.

Gwyn

So why did they remove region lock? Every other game i see someone teleport...really annoying.

Revert this change asap
(I am playing from EU)

BraXzy

Watching Ninja's stream atm, he's so random at times. I'm pretty random myself but he takes it to all new levels of "is he on something"? xD

Top Bottom