• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Akai__

I hope the File Browser has a tag system. Needs tags for all Gametypes and stuff like "Race", "Fun Map", "Puzzle" and etc.

What also would be great, is if they add a Folder System to your Bookmarks. Would love to organize my Bookmarks without having to scroll down a huge list to find something.

blamite

Map screenshots
MsMcYyF.png

Fuchsdh

I hope the File Browser has a tag system. Needs tags for all Gametypes and stuff like "Race", "Fun Map", "Puzzle" and etc.

What also would be great, is if they add a Folder System to your Bookmarks. Would love to organize my Bookmarks without having to scroll down a huge list to find something.

If they had a tag system that would probably work better than hierarchical folders.

ACR0019

How in God's name do you fend off the Prometheans from destroying the Forerunner core? WZFF too damn difficult for us newbies.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Halo TV show is still happening. Just like Tools new album, years man....

Fuchsdh

Halo TV show is still happening. Just like Tools new album, years man....

I mean, the keep answering questions and saying it's on, that means it likely is in some level of active development instead of just hibernating, which I guess is better than nothing...

I don't care how long it takes to come out as long as it's good.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I played some campaign and lmao it's so easy. I was seriously using melee for everything. What difficulty is Firefight equivalent to?

Also, it seems... more fluid somehow. I never thought there were framerate problems in WZ but the campaign definitely feels more responsive for some reason.

How in God's name do you fend off the Prometheans from destroying the Forerunner core? WZFF too damn difficult for us newbies.
Depends on what round it is, but it does take skill, a mind for strategy, bringing out good REQs, stealing their weapons and splinter grenades, and good team coordination. Those "Protect the _____" are probably the hardest ones aside from the ones where you need to hold a base while fucking IC Knights start pouring in.

For a second there I thought we were going to get a custom games browser question, but it ended up being about gametypes like Race lol.

Tom French's response gives some hope though.

blamite

Damn, good trailer. I'm still bummed that they recast/remodeled Cutter and Anders (although the reasoning makes sense I guess), but that actually made me way more excited for the game than anything else so far (including the beta).

The Ark looks waaaaaaay too intact though. :/

I hope by the end of the game the Spirit of Fire crew reunites with the UNSC proper and they're telling them about all the crazy stuff they've encountered and it's like

"so there's this crazy alien parasite called the Flood and-"

"yeah we know, we took care of that already."

"okay but there was this giant hollowed out planet that-"

"yeah, we have the biggest one of those already."

"but the Ark?"

"yeah, did that one already. Twice."

"Oh."

"But hey, we brought back some Spartans. You can always use more of them, right?"

"Actually, we've got like thousands of new ones running around around."

blamite

So I'm guessing official content updates are over?

At the bare minimum there's one more patch in the fall to add the new file browser and PC Forge support, and Tom French implied there'll still be a decent amount of Forge stuff coming, including more weapons. There's sure to be some other stuff in those patches as well. I wouldn't worry about it yet.

Fuchsdh

If we're getting regular Forge maps into rotation and such, I'm not very concerned. My only real wish is that we get some of the already-in-game types like Oddball and Ricochet actually applied.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
If we're getting regular Forge maps into rotation and such, I'm not very concerned. My only real wish is that we get some of the already-in-game types like Oddball and Ricochet actually applied.

yeah, this.

BizzyBum

Wait what, so firefight was the last major update for H5 aside from Forge stuff?

That can't be right, game is not even a year old.

op_ivy

Wait what, so firefight was the last major update for H5 aside from Forge stuff?

That can't be right, game is not even a year old.

according to 343 its also the first major release... as long as we get "minor" releases with maps and reqs from time to time, i'm happy

BradC00

it sounds like they have stuff planned but it's all too vague for me to be comfortable =o

they should take the best forge maps and make them real maps =o

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Finally got a chance to try The Answer on Pipap and it works great. Unfortunately my team was fucking dumb so we couldn't finish.

Then you wonder why you lose :p

During the beta i rarely lost one. Idk its reallly surprising to myself im losing every single ff game. Look at my game history and im not lieing. Its a little depressing as i wont blame ff.. Even though all of us randoms couldnt find the ghosts until the 3 mins passed....

op_ivy

i posted earlier (yesterday?) that i played 30+ matches and never once got arc... well, today its basically been nothing but. like 4-5 in a row. strange.

I think I've just scientifically proven that beating round three is impossible with a group of randoms. When is the haloGAF train leaving the station?

Gwyn

During the beta i rarely lost one. Idk its reallly surprising to myself im losing every single ff game. Look at my game history and im not lieing. Its a little depressing as i wont blame ff.. Even though all of us randoms couldnt find the ghosts until the 3 mins passed....

I know you are not lieing never said that :>

I guess it's probably the fact that halo is free and you matched with randoms that don't have reqs to use.

I played 10~ WFF games solo queue and won 8.
I usually spawn a wasp when i get 3 req energy and then another vehicle when i get 7 reqs

Top Bottom