• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I wouldn't mind effort going unrecognized if recognition didn't translate directly into REQ points.

My one qualm is round 3 Phaeton squads. No party I've been in has managed to beat them yet! Nerf pls Frankle.
I did it once because we had a long first two rounds and my team sucked so I just had to kill like 2 adds for level 6 and I brought out a scorpion to clear all 4 and a knight boss by myself. But when everyone only has REQ level 3-4? lololol

Trup1aya

I'm really loving firefight.

Even the objectives that people bitch about seem pretty good to me. Some can be frustrating as you try to learn strategies while playing with randoms, but it's nothing that isn't overcome with experience.

I noticed people complaining about Pipap: If you devote two people in heavy vehicles to taking out the prometheans guarding his flank (This supplies ground troops with coverfire AND and endless supply of incinerator cannons.) it instantly becomes one of the more enjoyable encounters.

And that seems to be the theme with the tougher objectives. Some people simply have to settle into a support roll, and each mission becomes manageable, even if some people don't have a ton of Reqs.

Leyasu

Banned
Firefight ain't what I would consider a good balls to the wall firefight mode. Average at best.

Arena is just a pure shot around the corner shower today

I'm really loving firefight.

Even the objectives that people bitch about seem pretty good to me. Some can be frustrating as you try to learn strategies while playing with randoms, but it's nothing that isn't overcome with experience.

Yeah the mode is still new so people haven't figured out the best way to tackle each objective. For example, people just seem to spam tanks. I don't know if that's just because people are lacking REQs or they just don't want to experiment and see what's effective

Karl2177

Well, my second trip got postponed, so the good news is that I can actually play the update instead of just poking around in Forge for an hour before I had to leave for the airport. The bad news is that the matches of Firefight I played weren't a lot of fun.

First game is JiP and we have to defend the Garage on ARC. This was just a case of bad teammates combined with how unfun Prometheans are to fight. Second match is Urban and I'm there for the start of the match. I watch the intro cinematic and hear "Get back and Defend the Garage". My screen is black and by the time I spawn in, the Garage is already a quarter of the way captured. Third game is going well. We got to the fourth round and we're killing Knights when the game just crashes to the dashboard. It's definitely not up to the quality that I expect.

Firefight is great when it's not brutalizing you. Stuff like this: early round (3, iirc), kill some Hunters who are protected by Knights and Banshees. What?

Trup1aya

The RTX Halo Panel is in about 5 hours from now.

More Halo Wars 2 for me and Windows 10 Forge. :O

Can't wait to see win10 forge. I'm just as interested in seeing it this spawns a PC custom games community as I am in seeing how much easier it is to forge things.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I did a search on reddit and people are saying you can get everything but the emblem. Might be bugged, then?

Hmmm, I'll send a note to the team and see what they dig up. I've been away at RTX so I could be behind on the latest. o_O

Dice

I cleared silvers! Man that was so exciting seeing the last unlock and then a 1500 refund. Now to open 19 gold packs!

Ade

Hmmm, I'll send a note to the team and see what they dig up. I've been away at RTX so I could be behind on the latest. o_O

Fwiw its disappointing that if you had every req pre HCS Team packs you come up one req short of everything after buying all 3 team packs. Leaving you with the joys of £7.99 for one skin....

Trup1aya

Fwiw its disappointing that if you had every req pre HCS Team packs you come up one req short of everything after buying all 3 team packs. Leaving you with the joys of £7.99 for one skin....

Prolly should just wait until for team packs are released, unless you actually want to wear the skin that was missing..

I have a very important question:

Is fishstick called fishstick because it's COD controls, and cod = a type of fish?

Is that the joke?

fishstick 4 lyfe

Dice

You're almost done. It should be two 1500 refunds.
Huh? If there were any more unlocks left besides the one, it wouldn't have given me one refund, so that was my last silver.

Anyway I unlocked tons of good stuff with those golds. I didn't get the increased ammo magnum I was hoping for but I did get the patrol case armor mod. I was kind of worried it'd screw me over with just a bunch of armors and visors or something but it mostly gave me certs and loadouts.

Huh? If there were any more unlocks left besides the one, it wouldn't have given me one refund, so that was my last silver.

Anyway I unlocked tons of good stuff with those golds. I didn't get the increased ammo magnum I was hoping for but I did get the patrol case armor mod. I was kind of worried it'd screw me over with just a bunch of armors and visors or something but it mostly gave me certs and loadouts.

I promise you, it's two 1500 refunds when you're done.

wwm0nkey

for a few days until it gets patched

Honestly this kind of solves the spawn issue and I think they should adapt it, officially of course. Spend 1 (or 2) REQ points to instant spawn would be a good system that gets rid of a few complaints but if misused teams could screw themselves, which is how it should be.

Akai__

Can't wait to see win10 forge. I'm just as interested in seeing it this spawns a PC custom games community as I am in seeing how much easier it is to forge things.

I want to see top PC players competing and then I want to see them playing against console pros. Just to see the difference.

I'll just be happy to finally get some AF into the game :p

It's gonna be interesting how the port will look like. Especially, considering that almost every 1st party game is a Play Anywhere title now. This is basically going to be a demo for the next Halo game.

Honestly this kind of solves the spawn issue and I think they should adapt it, officially of course. Spend 1 (or 2) REQ points to instant spawn would be a good system that gets rid of a few complaints but if misused teams could screw themselves, which is how it should be.

I do like the idea. Dota has a similar early spawn system that takes gold, so I think it could work with some fiddling.

BizzyBum

Whatever is going on with the req packs is amazing. I just got 5 gold and 1 silver pack from completing a firefight match.

Figures they give them out like candy on Halloween night when I already unlocked everything. lol

Well, between that and stockpiling req points, I should be good for the next year in content updates.

Cranster

Banned
The servers are broken again, I really wish Microsoft didn't make this game free to play right now as it's clear they didn't make the necessary preparations for the increased population count.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i've had REQ failures but this is the first time everthing appears to be normal but the game won't give me the REQs i select... weird. frustrating.

Dice

The servers are broken again, I really wish Microsoft didn't make this game free to play right now as it's clear they didn't make the necessary preparations for the increased population count.
I just want to say I can confirm massive amounts of noobs who have no clue how the game works/have no REQs. I think a lot more people finished the 90GB download because my games today were so much worse than yesterday. In one on Urban I carried the entire team on my back to halfway through Round 5 but I can't solo 2 mythic wardens with 4 elite banshees in the air and tons of knights and rocket pod soliders on the ground. Everyone else on the team only used loadout guns the whole time.

Well, if the REQs are screwed for now I guess it's time to check out that score attack campaign.

Trup1aya

Top Bottom