• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

jem0208

Prometheans in the campaign were a loads of fun to fight and didn't fell spongy at all IMO.

It's only Warzone where they feel spongy.

On that note though I'm really enjoying Firefight now that I've had a chance to play it. The Wasp is fucking awesome as well.

lZLKXo9.jpg

Yeah it is still a right idea to stay away from Arena. Down one man for 11 minutes, neged their ENTIRE team, doesn't mean any fucking thing. Plat and below needs to not be team wins only.

I have to say, that SnapMap in Doom really makes me envious. Its great to be able to play SP user created levels. I could see a ton of potential for that in halo6.

Heres hoping Forge goes that route next game. If it doesn't, ill be extremely disappointed.

Trup1aya

So yeah, I'm really digging Firefight. Haven't touched anything else since launch.

I've got one issue with it. They really need to fix the spawns. If you called in a vehicle from a Req station, you should spawn near that req station.

If you are respawning from death, you should respawn at the req station nearest the objective.

Also, I'm not TOTALLY against the long respawn timers. But if I die, then need to wait 25 seconds to respawn, then it takes me another 45 seconds to get a tank to the action... It just makes me wanna stop trying. I'd be all for letting instant respawn be a Req.

Kalentan

Honestly they need to nerf the Prometheans, the amount of damage and the amount of them. I actually don't mind fighting them, but they're stupid amount of them which makes it crazy to fight them. Just failed Darkstar round 1 because it was a defense and we just got overwhelmed. Doesn't help that they literally spawn right outside the defense spot.

I have to say, that SnapMap in Doom really makes me envious. Its great to be able to play SP user created levels. I could see a ton of potential for that in halo6.

Heres hoping Forge goes that route next game. If it doesn't, ill be extremely disappointed.

I've been saying this forever, literally infinite co-op/SP content. Charge RP/$.

Love halo haha

Radar too OP guyzzzzzz.

Cat and mouse:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/SaMuRaI G0SU/video/19255545

Top tier Halo gameplay

I've been saying this forever, literally infinite co-op/SP content. Charge RP/$.

Top tier Halo 5 gameplay
Whoa that's a brilliant idea.

What if there was a whole economy of player generated content, and people can spend large amounts of RP or money to play them. And creaters can get (most) of the money made in xbl credit.

Thray would be dope

Kalentan

Is the server acting up for anyone?

Cause I just played an entire match of Firefight where I couldn't use REQ's cause the game is in an endless loop of retrieving data.

Is the server acting up for anyone?

Cause I just played an entire match of Firefight where I couldn't use REQ's cause the game is in an endless loop of retrieving data.

Yeah it's acting weird for me. Giving me this level 1 account and not letting me access my stuff :(

Edit. Annnnnnd as soon as I post this it fixes. The servers have been odd recently, maybe due to higher player count?

Lol, I shot an entire High Five! rocket launcher into a Hunter Elder, got killed by an impossible tracking fuel rod gun shot, and then saw his health magically restore itself to full.

Fuck that shit. What's the poing of using REQ's if the game's going to be all like "well fuck you and your damage".

Welfare

Lol, I shot an entire High Five! rocket launcher into a Hunter Elder, got killed by an impossible tracking fuel rod gun shot, and then saw his health magically restore itself to full.

Fuck that shit. What's the poing of using REQ's if the game's going to be all like "well fuck you and your damage".
Yeah, why can AI restore health? Very cheap and inconsistent.

Firefight is a clear case of "close, but not quite".

The spawn time system needs reworking. Getting punished for dying is ridiculous when the game throws truckloads of enemies at you that can kill you in two or three direct hits.

The bosses need reworking. Some just need to go, like the Triple Warden fight in the back of the base. Their health regenerating is also ridiculous.

Madness

Didn't most of you complain the FF was too easy in the beta lol?

Massive difference between steamrolling through rounds and perhaps losing only on warden eternal rounds and having some truly garbage rounds like having to down 4 phaetons when most people have pistols or barely have BR's coupled with poor spawns and ridiculous enemy auto aim.

Some rounds are even like 4 Hunters near beach on round 2 in Apex 7 surrounded by Knights and with Banshees with ridiculous health and superb aim while again you're lucky to have a BR. This leads to poor spawns far away from the action, increased respawn times, and cheap deaths which just isn't fun. This is the wrong way to increase difficulty.

Others are things like 3 defend rounds back to back. Protect the Forerunner core, you have hundreds of bullet sponge enemies far away from ammo replenishment areas and spawns that put you away from the action etc.

Fuchsdh

Would probably be nice to Forge in ammo crates outside of the bases so you don't have to run to REQ stations. Urban in particular could benefit.

Trup1aya

Y'all probably figured this out already, but I picked up some LightRifle variant off of a dead Knight, and with it, I was able to three/four shot every soldier... And I was able to kill Knights long before their health was even depleted.

It made me hate the Promethean encounters a lot less.

Y'all probably figured this out already, but I picked up some LightRifle variant off of a dead Knight, and with it, I was able to three/four shot every soldier... And I was able to kill Knights long before their health was even depleted.

It made me hate the Promethean encounters a lot less.

People need to pick up weapons from enemies more often.

Even a standard boltshot reqs prometheans.

People need to pick up weapons from enemies more often.

Even a standard boltshot reqs prometheans.

Or, why not make us start the game with full ammo clips? What 343 is telling me is that these spartans go to a battle, grab their guns and prepare but dont bother putting in full ammo clips? I find that so dumb.

You should spawn with full ammo at all times. If i die, i spend a few seconds at the req screen setting up my stuff anyway, why the hell do i then need to go walk beside it to get my full ammo clips? So stupid.

Or, why not make us start the game with full ammo clips? What 343 is telling me is that these spartans go to a battle, grab their guns and prepare but dont bother putting in full ammo clips? I find that so dumb.

You should spawn with full ammo at all times. If i die, i spend a few seconds at the req screen setting up my stuff anyway, why the hell do i then need to go walk beside it to get my full ammo clips? So stupid.
Of all the weird decisions in Warzone this might be the weirdest one to me. Having to hoof it to the REQ terminal (which is sometimes close by and sometimes a decent jaunt away) after each spawn to top off feels like it shouldn't be necessary, but it is.

Leyasu

Banned
Of all the weird decisions in Warzone this might be the weirdest one to me. Having to hoof it to the REQ terminal (which is sometimes close by and sometimes a decent jaunt away) after each spawn to top off feels like it shouldn't be necessary, but it is.

343 and their midas touch.

Nothing feels better than to splatter a bunch of unsuspecting people all grouped up and begging for you to send your vehicle right into them. also felt amazing when this wasp was giving me trouble so I spawned in a banshee to deal with it and one bomb later that wasp was no more. A little overkill but wanted to see what I could do with it.

Also anyone down for some warzone ff or anything of the sort?

Would probably be nice to Forge in ammo crates outside of the bases so you don't have to run to REQ stations. Urban in particular could benefit.

Swapping out for enemy weapons similar to campaign is viable in early and mid rounds, by late rounds you're calling in vehicles or heavy weapons. Also selecting unlocked weapons with extra ammo helps.

jem0208

I've been making bank since the firefight update, so many req packs, so many points.

Also the difficulty seems just right for Firefight, I've won about half of my matches so far. There are a couple of round which are too hard/easy but overall the balance seems damn good to me.

EYEL1NER

The spawn time system needs reworking. Getting punished for dying is ridiculous when the game throws truckloads of enemies at you that can kill you in two or three direct hits.
I agree. The current respawn system would have fit a lot better into the Firefight beta. The beta was too easy and it would have made sense to have been punished for dying. They made Firefight more difficult, which is what was asked for, but the enemies are punishment enough now; the respawn timer feels like overkill.

I agree with what else has been said about spawn points being completely random. They should use the regular Warzone method of selecting an armory or garage or base to spawn in. Emplement a way for it to block you from spawning inside, say, a Wave 5 base that has three Wardens in it by treating the base like it is an enemy-held base and locking you out of it.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Whoa I've been of Halo 5 for two months because of work and I come back to find that I can now prioritise ping. Praise the 343 lords!

Bessy67

I've been making bank since the firefight update, so many req packs, so many points.

Also the difficulty seems just right for Firefight, I've won about half of my matches so far. There are a couple of round which are too hard/easy but overall the balance seems damn good to me.
I really enjoy the mode, but I feel the difficulty is not because of enemy AI and is just because of bullet sponges. It basically boils down to whether or not your team is willing to spend enough reqs to chip down the boss health in time.

Trup1aya

Swapping out for enemy weapons similar to campaign is viable in early and mid rounds, by late rounds you're calling in vehicles or heavy weapons. Also selecting unlocked weapons with extra ammo helps.

Actually scavenging is what bailed my team out of a round 5 collapse.

We were so late in the game that spawning heavy vehicles would take too long, (thanks to the lengthy respawn times, and weird spawn locations). So everyone just picked up the LightRifles and Heartseekers, and we were able to pull out the W.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Man oh man this game is every bit as great, or better, than where I left of a couple of months ago. Biggest differences since

+ Glorious, glorious low-lag games, I can land kills!!
+ Focused matchmaking is really good for finding me the right skill bracket
+ Uh oh, weapon placements have changed
+ Some new lava map which seems pretty tight
+ Post game UI looks all new
- Scoreboard numbers are weird, stretched

I have had this fear of returning, that I've fallen too far behind, but that was not the case at all, held my ground reasonably well among Plats. Now I just know I'll be back every single night again. Nothing to complain about anymore in the game, 343 has fixed everything.

How come it's still June season btw? Are they finally going for longer seasons?

Top Bottom