• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Man oh man this game is every bit as great, or better, than where I left of a couple of months ago. Biggest differences since

+ Glorious, glorious low-lag games, I can land kills!!
+ Focused matchmaking is really good for finding me the right skill bracket
+ Uh oh, weapon placements have changed
+ Some new lava map which seems pretty tight
+ Post game UI looks all new
- Scoreboard numgers are weird, stretched

I have had this fear of returning, that I've fallen too far behind, but that was not the case at all, held my ground reasonably well among Plats. Now I just know I'll be back every single night again. Nothing to complain about anymore in the game, 343 has fixed everything.

How come it's still June season btw? Are they finally going for longer seasons?

Season are two months now apparently. Guess they didn't see it was important enough to notify players until halfway through the season!

Your communication needs work 343i.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Season are two months now apparently. Guess they didn't see it was important enough to notify players until halfway through the season!

Your communication needs work 343i.

Even more good news!! I was hoping for longer seasons, the monthly reboot was disheartening. So yeah, I have now zero things to complain about in Halo 5

Even more good news!! I was hoping for longer seasons, the monthly reboot was disheartening. So yeah, I have now zero things to complain about in Halo 5
There's still some things to add:

- Good cummunity maps in arena
- option to sell multiple copies of a req card
- file browser (but it's coming)
- more modes for arena (improved assault, oddball, koth, single objectives)
-
btb pistol starts

Had some pretty good games in arena maybe 60% good and 40% bad which is better than most sessions. Beat a full clan on strongholds on the rig with only one friend and two randoms and that was the most rewarding thing possible. Though feels like no matter what I'm going to be stuck on diamond 1. Unless I go on a winning streak I'm going to be that until the season is over, though that's fine cause diamond is where I feel like I belong.

OQw5wL2.jpg

E92 M3

Massive difference between steamrolling through rounds and perhaps losing only on warden eternal rounds and having some truly garbage rounds like having to down 4 phaetons when most people have pistols or barely have BR's coupled with poor spawns and ridiculous enemy auto aim.

Some rounds are even like 4 Hunters near beach on round 2 in Apex 7 surrounded by Knights and with Banshees with ridiculous health and superb aim while again you're lucky to have a BR. This leads to poor spawns far away from the action, increased respawn times, and cheap deaths which just isn't fun. This is the wrong way to increase difficulty.

Others are things like 3 defend rounds back to back. Protect the Forerunner core, you have hundreds of bullet sponge enemies far away from ammo replenishment areas and spawns that put you away from the action etc.

I believe matchmade activities should always be balanced towards the easier side. Steamrolling is a lot more fun than being annoyed with randoms.

Wasp with a passenger ;)

Screenshot-Original.png

Thanks for the ride!

Ohh, no wonder I didn't receive a message back from this imposter! lol

767240380c34f01dc4a847fd938a02c1.png

Don't worry G0SU, I rekt them for ya.

Hahya
Good. Hope he learned his lessonn.

I would have suicided just to kill him.

You cant take me down. We alll remember what happenes when you face me forerunner. :p a good ol groundpunding for ya ;)

Ewwww get it off.

Mmm yeah just keep pretending

Good sir, I believe you may have a cancerous growth. Please consult your doctor.

The reclamation was complete. You're next

When Warzone Firefight comes together (Like getting rounds that aren't total bullshit) and you win without much hassle but have a couple stumbles, the mode really is a blast. Only I feel like I get that maybe 10% of the time now. Had a great match on sanctum.

Loving FF but I'd like less time on ARC map please. Someone else posts the other day they had a large portion of games on ARC, seems the weighting is off by a large margin. I'd like more weighting on Sanctum and Urban please.
Need a win on Urban now that I see zero wins

Now I'm wondering how many games my son has played while he's on school holidays...time to chat with the misses :)

ARC
51 played
31 wins

SANCTUM
6 played
5 wins

STORMBREAK
6 played
2 wins

DARKSTAR
5 played
2 wins

URBAN
4 played
0 wins

APEX7
3 played
1 win

Karl2177

Loving FF but I'd like less time on ARC map please. Someone else posts the other day they had a large portion of games on ARC, seems the weighting is off by a large margin. I'd like more weighting on Sanctum and Urban please.
Need a win on Urban now that I see zero wins

Now I'm wondering how many games my son has played while he's on school holidays...time to chat with the misses :)

ARC
51 played
31 wins

SANCTUM
6 played
5 wins

STORMBREAK
6 played
2 wins

DARKSTAR
5 played
2 wins

URBAN
4 played
0 wins

APEX7
3 played
1 win
If you're just tallying the number from waypoint, note that includes numbers from the beta.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Well I was gonna play some even though I'm sleepy but REQ servers are down and it won't even enter a lobby so I guess not.

darthbob

Closest game of FF I've ever played.

S9Xuu1F.gif

Hopped out of my Mantis to try and kill the Knight, couldn't believe I actually won us the game.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Won the fourth round by running up on the last Knight boss and spartan slamming him in the back with less than ten seconds.

Then we had to kill 3 warsens and lost.

Elros

Got my first ever win in Firefight yesterday, after maybe 7 games since the update is live ! (yeah I know, I would really like to play more often)

Out of all the Firefight games I've had, this one seemed pretty easy, in fact. JiP on Skirmish at Darkstar, at the end of round 2 with enough time to fill a bit my REQ bar.

Following rounds were something like kill 4 ghosts, defend 2 generators in an easily defensible spot next to each other, and kill 3 or 4 knights. With everybody (or almost) in a vehicle (ghost, banshee, mantis), it was relatively easy.

The last 2 bosses were 2 mythic Knights, placed in the room where we defended the 2 generators, it was a bit difficult to access with the vehicles, but we managed to kill them with not much trouble.

Even if I can't manage to win a lot of games, this Firefight mode is really fun !

3 Onyxes and a Champion, all with similar Gamertags (a full party) versus my team of randoms: a Plat, a Diamond, an Onyx, and me.

Fuck this matchmaking to high hell. I can't believe this shit still happens regularly. Let solo players match exclusively with other solo players, already; this "play Arena in full teams or lose" shit is driving me crazy. Sometimes I don't want to play Warzone, but then I remember Arena's matchmaking is an unbalanced pile of shit that favors pubstompers over all else.

Been getting back into Halo after stopping playing back in January.

Is it just me or is the sound in headphones off? I'm have the audio settings on headphones but I'm often having trouble figuring out where gun fire is coming from. I hear it, turn to where I assume it's coming from and it's no where near there?

Just me?

Top Bottom