• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

EYEL1NER

I'm hoping Firefight goes up early in the day. I want as much time with it as possible and am ready to start playing in the morning.

BraXzy

GET TO WORK FOLKS!

7bfdf16c05fbb0491c295f93b854859d.png

aBarreras

I just finished the campaign over the weekend, i really liked but yeah i think that the marketing was a total mislead, there are like 3 missions with the Master Chief, and John trade words like 1 or 2 times in the whole game.

Multiplayer is awesome btw

Fuchsdh

As I said, I have done this so many times on this level.

I kinda feel bad for burning their Scorpion REQ before they had any fun with it.

I am pumped. Have barely been selling any REQs so I can just spam away in Firefight.

I have, on occasion, held back before running up and killing a big REQ vehicle. Not just because it lets the less cautious teammate take the shot that woulda' killed me, but I like them to get *one* kill with their vehicle before I proceed to wreck it or wreck with it.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I have, on occasion, held back before running up and killing a big REQ vehicle. Not just because it lets the less cautious teammate take the shot that woulda' killed me, but I like them to get *one* kill with their vehicle before I proceed to wreck it or wreck with it.
I wish it were easier to take down Banshees. It's generally not hard in terms of the shooting with the weapons that are good for it, but it's the fact they move around so much you kind of need to stand in the open to get a decent view of enough sky to track them for your shot and that usually gets you killed by ground troops. They also seem much harder to board than they were in Halo 2 (my only other franchise MP experience). I'm glad they're rare enough to not come out every single game like Scoprion/Wraith.

Fuchsdh

I wish it were easier to take down Banshees. It's generally not hard in terms of the shooting with the weapons that are good for it, but it's the fact they move around so much you kind of need to stand in the open to get a decent view of enough sky to track them for your shot and that usually gets you killed by ground troops. They also seem much harder to board than they were in Halo 2 (my only other franchise MP experience). I'm glad they're rare enough to not come out every single game like Scoprion/Wraith.

You either need a power weapon or a communicative team that will teamshot; in those eventualities anything short of a Banshee Ultra will get shredded like tissue paper. Against an uncoordinated team a Banshee is utter death, especially on Apex 7, since it's so easy to dart above the Spire and out of the way of infantry sightlines.

Gwyn

We're going to re-introduce region lock and we're going to make Europeans pay for it. #MakeHaloGreatAgain

I rather wait 2-3 min to play a game than play with ppl teleporting and shots not registering.
Seriously who suggested this crap?Australians?

edit : or enable region lock only on ranked playlists

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Speaking of trash maps, I'm interested in seeing ARC's firefight redemption.

Tyrant has a weird flow issue for me. Either top mid or back by snipe spawn is where i see the most fights happen. rarely see any action in the bottom. that's a good thing though AM I RYTE GUYSSS???

We only completed 2 of the 31 needed Commendations. But if you want numbers, compare HaloGAF to The Sauna for example.

Only 29200 Prometheans to kill after we complete the current Level 4 one, which is at 5953/14400. The Warzone AI stuff will certainly speed up with Firefight, but it will still take a long time to complete the rest.

I can safely say I'll never unlock the Achilles helmet. I haven't played in like a month, either. Pretty sure I've been kicked from the Spartan Company by now. :lol

Totally in for some Warzone Firefight tomorrow. Elzar, Ice, Hyper, you guys better be ready.

Just ran into three people on my team toggle crouching their way through Fathom the whole game. Luckily we won, but that's because I dealt 3000 damage. Often times I'd be in a battle and I'd leave the enemy one shot, my toggle crouching teammate failed to clean it up as he moved slowly around the corner. If you toggle crouch please grow some testes/ovaries and turn it off.

Fuchsdh

I can safely say I'll never unlock the Achilles helmet. I haven't played in like a month, either. Pretty sure I've been kicked from the Spartan Company by now. :lol

Totally in for some Warzone Firefight tomorrow. Elzar, Ice, Hyper, you guys better be ready.

If it were classic Mark V I would probably drag my bare feet across broken glass for it, but since it's some nice-looking helmet in a sea of nice helmets I happily just don't care. :)

nillapuddin

16 - Halo Wars 2
17 - Halo 3 Anni Content
18 - Halo 6

are 3 year dev cycles still gunna be a thing for mainline?
Will H5 MP survive all that time?
if not, H6 in 17?
will I ever get a map into mm?
Find out next time on DRAGON BALL Z

Gwyn

16 - Halo Wars 2
17 - Halo 3 Anni Content
18 - Halo 6

if not, H6 in 17?

I doubt we will get h3 anniversary. Maybe MCC release on pc

TCKaos

You guys do realize that Mark V Alpha is Mark V, right?

Mark V is the model that the SIIs upgraded into from Mark IV and also the one that Noble Team uses, Mark V Alpha is the one that the SIIs equip right before Operation RED FLAG and end up using during the Fall of Reach and First Strike.

You guys do realize that Mark V Alpha is Mark V, right?

Mark V is the model that the SIIs upgraded into from Mark IV and also the one that Noble Team uses, Mark V Alpha is the one that the SIIs equip right before Operation RED FLAG and end up using during the Fall of Reach and First Strike.

Shut up Kaos, there's a Mk. V Alpha, Beta and a final version. At least this is what I choose to believe.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
16 - Halo Wars 2
17 - Halo 3 Anni Content
18 - Halo 6

if not, H6 in 17?

It might be weird, but I would actually like a TellTale game similar to story of Last Light.

16 - Halo Wars 2
17 - Halo 3 Anni Content
18 - Halo 6

if not, H6 in 17?

Halo 3 Anni Content for Halo 5 and it getting more support until 2018 is my dream

BraXzy

16 - Halo Wars 2
17 - Halo 3 Anni Content
18 - Halo 6

if not, H6 in 17?

I doubt we will get h3 anniversary. Maybe MCC release on pc

I'm really not sure what will come in 17. I feel like some nod to Halo 3 should happen but with MCC it's kinda moot to do a full on remaster? And would a massive H3 drop of maps for H5 even do anything for its population in another year?

We basically almost done, kappa

We only need to play like 345987 games of SWAT each and we're done.

Karl2177

I might make a quick and dirty spreadsheet and work it out. I'd like to know where the source is for that one so I don't have to type it all out though :D

Even though you did it yourself, here's the source. I did it a while back to see how far we were to rank 3 and decided to just finish it up with rank 5 requirements as well.

Really can't rely on teammates.

tTtl7HY.jpg

The best part about this image is that fuckin' XAND WENT -5. EVERYONE, GIVE HIM SHIT FOREVER

BraXzy

Even though you did it yourself, here's the source. I did it a while back to see how far we were to rank 3 and decided to just finish it up with rank 5 requirements as well.

Life, I should've waited. Didn't take that long to copy pasta though. I saw online someone had done a script type thing in a Google Doc that grabbed current numbers from your SC's Waypoint page and updated as things progressed but it's broken :(

Top Bottom