• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Zereta

I'm getting this weird glitch where mid-game, it boots me back out to the matchmaking mode select page but with no selectable options. None of the buttons respond and I have to force quit the game and boot back in.

This has happened multiple times in the last 30 minutes. The last 4 games I've played all ended up the same way.

Is this a server issue? I'm guessing its registering it as though I left the game mid-way, which makes me feel like shit because I hate it when people quit.

Yeah but camo loadout in Halo 4 multi...amirite...guys...
guys
One of those decisions I was talking about earlier where it's like "What was Bungie thinking when they removed Power-ups from Reach and created Camo as an Armor Ability?" And after 2 years of complaining, 343 still brought it back in Halo 4 lol.

Yeah but camo loadout in Halo 4 multi...amirite...guys...
guys

Sometimes I sit back and reminisce about how bad Halo 4 was at release. Like, pre-turbo Infinity Slayer without red X's bad on Abandon, can you imagine? No default nade pick-ups, death-cams, flinch, prom vision... fuck. I need a drink.

Sometimes I sit back and reminisce about how bad Halo 4 was at release. Like, pre-turbo Infinity Slayer without red X's bad on Abandon, can you imagine? No default nade pick-ups, death-cams, flinch, prom vision... fuck. I need a drink.

oh-my-god-o.gif

wwm0nkey

I seriously forget Halo 4 had kill streaks

Welfare

Still can't believe 343 thought it was a good idea to even make Halo 4 how it was. Like that was the biggest "Fuck you, we'll do what we want" to the community after Reach. Especially after Reach since they made it seem like they actually listened when they made the Reach TU, but NOPE.

Sometimes it just takes killing the franchise to right the ship.

Just finished off a match of Warzone Firefight on Apex 7.

Right off the bat, Defend the Armory from Prometheans. Round 2 is fighting off the Banshee Raiders. Then Round 3: two Warden Eternals. The triple-whammy.

We didn't make it past round three. I'm starting to doubt the playtesters.

Just finished off a match of Warzone Firefight on Apex 7.

Right off the bat, Defend the Armory from Prometheans. Round 2 is fighting off the Banshee Raiders. Then Round 3: two Warden Eternals. The triple-whammy.

We didn't make it past round three. I'm starting to doubt the playtesters.

It wouldn't surprise me if the playtesters were the proteam with unlimited reqs lol

Had a weird respawn issue the other night in FF, 3 or 4 of us in a party of 8 had the same issue in the same game. I think if more than 3 queue vehicles up together it can create this bug where you just never respawn back into the game. You can't select other REQs either as the REQ points are used and the REQ card taken from your stockpile.

Here's a video of me not respawn and chatting with the rest of the party where 2 others got stuck in the same issue. At least our other guys finished the game off for us like champs.

http://xboxclips.com/Ozzy+Onya+A2Z/2e93f8e7-74c5-40e8-83ca-c19e0b6dd6d0

Screenshot-Original.png

Vico

Took a break from Firefight and played some Community doubles with a friend. It's a damn good playlist!

Won our five matches, with both easy wins and the tightest matches I've seen on Halo5. Both satisfying in their own way.

Also, I finally got the phaeton certification. Finally seeing the end of the REQ grind, should be done this summer if they don't release any new update anytime soon. The Firefight gold packs sure helped, as well as winning emblems in a third slot.

I was getting like 5 REQ packs for what seemed like 2 games even if I lost a match or warzone game

Now im not even getting anything (but a daily log in) lol
I got a lot of shit on wednesday, nothing on thursday. A lot of shit on sunday, nothing on monday. Didn't get shit last night, either.

It evzn affected the REQ payouts: I'd usually have enough to buy a Gold pack after three matches. Yesterday I got around 1000RP per match.

I got a lot of shit on wednesday, nothing on thursday. A lot of shit on sunday, nothing on monday. Didn't get shit last night, either.

It evzn affected the REQ payouts: I'd usually have enough to buy a Gold pack after three matches. Yesterday I got around 1000RP per match.

The packs are tied to the FF commendations. They list what rewards get given out at each level.

Elros

I wonder if there's any chance to join the Halogaf Spartan Company ? I'd love to play FF games on a regular basis with some of you guys.

It wouldn't surprise me if the playtesters were the proteam with unlimited reqs lol

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.

I'm still trying to unlock the Halo 2 BR.At least I finally managed to get the Normfang.
Screenshot-Original.png

I've got 64-something Gold packs to go. At some point, I'm gonna get that friggin' H2BR!

Everything we have left is spartans.

Except Marine kills.

We'll have to cross that bridge eventually, so we should definitely keep it in mind. It's gonna be quite the grind.

Except Marine kills.

We'll have to cross that bridge eventually, so we should definitely keep it in mind. It's gonna be quite the grind.
Marines are already over a third of the way done. There are 8 commendations below it in completion percentage. Including ground vehicle kills, which are only 1/29 of the way. We just need nerds to play something other than firefight.

jfoul

Started the day off at Platinum 6, two wins away from Diamond 1. End of the day I'm one loss away from falling into Platinum 3. Most of my games were against teams and of course my teams had quitters, or no communication.

Just one of those days.

Zereta

Warzone Firefight has a quitting problem and apparently when the right person quits, it boots the ENTIRE team out of the game? Multiple times today, someone leaves and I just get booted back to the mode select screen. Multiple times today it has happened in round 5.

I mean people are quitting because Firefight is ridiculously unbalanced but man,getting punished for it is a god damn bummer.

That's wasted reqs, wasted time and after 15 minutes of wasting everything, I've got nothing to show for it.

/rant

Edit: Just happened in Warzone. I assume its something to do with the way the server handles match hosting or something. I don't know, haven't play the game since launch but if an entire game can end because one person quits, that seems like a huge fucking glaring problem. Not to mention the game kinda stays frozen and none of the buttons work except in the start menu, meaning I have to quit the game entirely and reboot it.

Again, time wasted, REQs wasted, just such a waste.

Halo 5's gameplay is solid, its so good. The post-launch support has been great. Kudos. But stuff like this is a problem.

An hour ago, I had 7205 req points. I have attempted to play 4 other games in that hour. I have been booted out of the game 4 times, as a result the game has frozen on me 4 times, I've had to reboot the game 4 times. I'm still at 7205 req points.

/rant 2

Trup1aya

Warzone Firefight has a quitting problem and apparently when the right person quits, it boots the ENTIRE team out of the game? Multiple times today, someone leaves and I just get booted back to the mode select screen. Multiple times today it has happened in round 5.

I mean people are quitting because Firefight is ridiculously unbalanced but man,getting punished for it is a god damn bummer.

That's wasted reqs, wasted time and after 15 minutes of wasting everything, I've got nothing to show for it.

/rant

Edit: Just happened in Warzone. I assume its something to do with the way the server handles match hosting or something. I don't know, haven't play the game since launch but if an entire game can end because one person quits, that seems like a huge fucking glaring problem. Not to mention the game kinda stays frozen and none of the buttons work except in the start menu, meaning I have to quit the game entirely and reboot it.

Halo 5's gameplay is solid, its so good. The post-launch support has been great. Kudos. But stuff like this is a problem.

An hour ago, I had 7205 req points. I have attempted to play 4 other games in that hour. I have been booted out of the game 4 times, as a result the game has frozen on me 4 times, I've had to reboot the game 4 times. I'm still at 7205 req points.

/rant 2

Have you tried hard resetting your console. I don't believe this is a widespread issue

Grazzt

/rant

/rant 2

Never had this issue. The game did crash occasionally but it never booted me out just because someone quit.

Zereta

Is this the only game you have problems with? Maybe your install is corrupt or something?

Well, Halo 5 is really the only multiplayer game I play on my Xbox One. Could be a corrupt install, might leave my Xbox running reinstalling Halo 5 while I'm at work tomorrow.

So on round 3 of Raid on Apex 7, we were faced with two Wardens + Promethean Knights. I had the highest req level with 3-4 throughout this round so it was unmanageable. This is largely due to their placement. They stand behind sea rocks on a Beach in a way where you have to have to engage in medium to close range combat. Being round 3, plus the closest REQ station a marathon away, this is a poorly designed encounter. Raid on Apex needs some tweaking.

Apex Pipap is still a fuck, but we weren't even able to get to him.

Zereta

yeah thats really weird. I dont understand how that could even happen.

Are you in the dashboard preview beta thing?

Nah I'm not. It's been very frustrating but I decided to reinstall it and start the process of installing it again now. 5% done, its gonna after like an hour and a half but if this fixes the issue, I'll do anything.

Fuchsdh

Don't forget my pocket shotgun. Good times.

Honestly Infinity Slayer never bothered me, but I also was never playing for a real competitive reason. Especially with MCC Halo 4 and the long road to Legendary Slayer launch Halo 4 seems like eons ago.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Pipap seems like the Halo universe incarnation of the Sunset Overdrive Fizzy. He sounds eerily similar.

mindblown.

lets organize halo communities world wide to vote pipap for the next KI character survey :O

the malus

Neo Member
I really like firefight but I feel like the power weapons should be made more viable. With a normal rocket launcher you only get four shots which is just about enough to take down a minor boss while a tank has infinite ammo plus heavy armor and can last multiple rounds. The only time power weapons are useful is when the bosses are in the back of the base and even then you are just running back and forth between the boss and the req-station.
Also, I think enemies should not spawn in armories or garages when there are players in them

(funny clip for reconciliation)

Top Bottom