• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

I seriously have to spend money on a Gold Pack right now? Are you serious, Microsoft?

I thought the microtransactions were optional or obtainable through gameplay time in Slayer.

I almost bought a Gold Pack right now. I go to use my 12,000 hard earned Req points I got through Slayer and the shit almost charged me.

LMAO THAT TAG

You don't have to spend real money on gold packs. Use your RP

I seriously have to spend money on a Gold Pack right now? Are you serious, Microsoft?

I thought the microtransactions were optional or obtainable through gameplay time in Slayer.

I almost bought a Gold Pack right now. I go to use my 12,000 hard earned Req points I got through Slayer and the shit almost charged me.

LOL. If you clicked on the wrong place it asks you to confirm. You have to the dumb to get charged for a Req Pack.

Make sure you didn't click on the Spartan Recruit REQ Pack. It has a similar color to the gold pack and is a money-only pack.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
LMAO THAT TAG

You don't have to spend real money on gold packs. Use your RP

Why in the hell would I use my real money on microtransactions? If you want to go ahead, but I'm not playing this Pay To Win shit and never will.

Granted, to be fair, this only affects Warzone and I'm already stacked for days with Reqs so it doesn't matter.

And to think this all started with Horse Armor from Oblivion back in the day.

Like I said, I'm content playing Slayer right now, but these microtransactions were supposed to be optional and now they're not.

Why in the hell would I use my real money on microtransactions? If you want to go ahead, but I'm not playing this Pay To Win shit and never will.

Granted, to be fair, this only affects Warzone and I'm already stacked for days with Reqs so it doesn't matter.

Like I said, I'm content playing Slayer right now, but these microtransactions were supposed to be optional and now they're not.

I don't know how to respond to this. Seriously.

ZrqYuoD.gif

Also, Nornfang in my Daily Login Pack. Thanks, Obama.

jem0208

They are optional, you can buy packs with req points. It's not exactly hard to do...

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I don't know how to respond to this. Seriously.

I've actually calmed down, but like I said I was going to use my Req points for a Gold pack, and almost charged my card. I'm used to seeing the $9.99 Req Pack and then my Regular Gold Req Pack.

All three of the major companies do Microtransactions in their own way, I was just caught off guard as it almost charged my account, and really not happy about it.

I've probably logged more hours in Halo 5 than most, whether in Slayer, BTB or Warzone so I'm not here to drive by post like some do in this thread or in Gaming Side threads.

I've actually calmed down, but like I said I was going to use my Req points for a Gold pack, and almost charged my card. I'm used to seeing the $9.99 Req Pack and then my Regular Gold Req Pack.

All three of the major companies do Microtransactions in their own way, I was just caught off guard as it almost charged my account, and really not happy about it.

I've probably logged more hours in Halo 5 than most, whether in Slayer, BTB or Warzone so I'm not here to drive by post like some do in this thread or in Gaming Side threads.

I was just perplexed with your post because you have to confirm after you click on the price, so I can't see where the problem is. You could be upset because the packs are similar and it could be annoying, but one thing 343 doesn't do is trying to force microtransactions

jem0208

There's a full screen pop up with like a 5 second load time asking you to confirm the payment before you're charged. That's not almost charging your account.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
god damn shit, fuck my mutha fucking crappy ass rural america 4th of july holiday resort town wack as "high speed" internet. havent been able to do much of anything for several days now. anything short of loading forums and my ISP shits the bed --- hell, half the time it does trying to load user avatars. all i want to do is play (and watch on twitch) halo.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Razor's Edge works well vs some, not against others. It is awesome for cleaning up elites.

Free days end tomorrow, right? I'm tired of playing with completely clueless morons who never REQ anything at all ever

Also, they really really really need to make weapons last on the ground longer. Like 1-2 minutes. I've been fucked out of REQs way too much today, and not always by surprise enemies.

BizzyBum

Being the CM for Halo would be such a bad ass job, too bad I have no experience in being a CM.

Can't be that hard, right?

Yeah that's a problem along with the criminally low reserve ammo for a REQ weapon.

Yeah, for an "armor piercing" needler, it needs to do a lot more piercing and exploding. It's really not sufficient for the rarity or cost.

Also, everyone here should know that RAZORS EDGE is the GOAT weapon for bosses.

Its supercombinations don't do a lot of damage to armored bosses, though. You're better off with Typhon.

In the end, the most consistently deadly REQ I've used against bosses was the ONI Chaingun. You could also opt for The Answer or an ONI Warthog. Pair those with a damage boost and you've got a scary powerful gun right there.

Tashi, what are you doing man? Rise up! Do something about this motion tracker! YOUR BLOOD BLEEDS #NoMotionTracker

So with that being said, you need to eyeball Quinn's position, if you haven't already. Save us all, even those who think Halo needs radar in 2016 despite faster and more chaotic games not having/needing it, like DOOM and Overwatch. SHOW THE HEATHENS THE ERRORS IN THEIR WAYS!

Vico

Looking back, Bravo's been pretty damn good as a community manager (despite never giving a shoutout to Gaf, obviously ;)

Can't wait to see what he's going to do next. I'm guessing he might have a more direct involvement over the game, but who knows.

FyreWulff

So this entire time did no one realize that the Wrath skin/variant that's used as a background for the Firefight playlist is a new one? It's got flame decals on it.

So, um, future content confirmed?

screenshot? flame decal wraiths were one of the bonuses for the Halo Wars Legendary Edition.

I say we all apply for the position and battle it out.

Not that you guys have a chance against me or anything.

At least a gaffer will be better than the inevitable hire from Reddit.

i have a foolproof strategy for warzone firefight. im gonna warn you guys, its super complicated and involved, but youll always be at the top of the leaderboard. youll carry your teams. you might get...TOO much glory.

Here it is. Get out your notebooks people.

hit everything with a car. as soon as you can. just get in a car and hit everything. req level 2? need to kill 75 covies? too many of them? here comes you, in a scout warhog, running over everything.
Need to defend a point? Its overwhelmed? Dont even need to pull right trigger on the ghost. just cruise on in at irresponsible speeds and run over everything with a mortar.
big ol ship coming down? just put it in park. enemies drop, boom, run em over. theres 6 kills.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/cmglassmire/screenshot/4480346
You see that? Zero headshots. carrying these fools. Why? I didnt fire a gun. Because i ran over everything.

hop in a tank after that and youre off. you have too much weapon choices. you now are destroyer of everything.

Warthog bumper should be req level 9.

i have a foolproof strategy for warzone firefight. im gonna warn you guys, its super complicated and involved, but youll always be at the top of the leaderboard. youll carry your teams. you might get...TOO much glory.

Here it is. Get out your notebooks people.

hit everything with a car. as soon as you can. just get in a car and hit everything. req level 2? need to kill 75 covies? too many of them? here comes you, in a scout warhog, running over everything.
Need to defend a point? Its overwhelmed? Dont even need to pull right trigger on the ghost. just cruise on in at irresponsible speeds and run over everything with a mortar.
big ol ship coming down? just put it in park. enemies drop, boom, run em over. theres 6 kills.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/cmglassmire/screenshot/4480346
You see that? Zero headshots. carrying these fools. Why? I didnt fire a gun. Because i ran over everything.

hop in a tank after that and youre off. you have too much weapon choices. you now are destroyer of everything.

Warthog bumper should be req level 9.

It is known.

Something similar, in standard WZ PvP you can just ignore bosses and get top of leader board/win by out killing. These top 4 guys wrecked us 3 games in a row, big kills/skills/REQs but annoying they just didn't focus on bosses at all in any games.

Screenshot-Original.png

With my postzzz historiess i will be the next community manager!! And when i get the job ill make sure to give GAF a nice shoutout. Especially some of the fine folks who will
rot in hell after im done roasting them!!!!!!!!
then ill follow up by making halo great again by building
pistol starta for btb
but not for
forerunner, hes a douche and il flsg his xbox so he plays with ppl from out of the country all the time
. Then create a option for matchmaking.
1- balanced (match with any party sized spartans)
2 - focused (match with parties of 2 or less)

That is all for now.

#HireG0SU

Dice

I top leaderboards just fine by shooting things in the head with guns. It is usually when I'm 2x-3x ahead of everyone else that we miserably fail because every last person on my team is a fucking loser who ends the game sub-15 kills and no amount of carry will help that.

Anyways, I just got level 4 on FF wins and level 5 is 60 wins. I might be done with golds by time that happens.

Dice

Another dipshit ran me over, making me lose my not-fired-once Blood of Suban...

...but all is forgiven because we beat a 3 Wardens base with 30 seconds left!

With my postzzz historiess i will be the next community manager!! And when i get the job ill make sure to give GAF a nice shoutout. Especially some of the fine folks who will
rot in hell after im done roasting them!!!!!!!!
then ill follow up by making halo great again by building
pistol starta for btb
but not for
forerunner, hes a douche and il flsg his xbox so he plays with ppl from out of the country all the time
. Then create a option for matchmaking.
1- balanced (match with any party sized spartans)
2 - focused (match with parties of 2 or less)

That is all for now.

#HireG0SU

Abusing your power I see.

Forgive me if this has already been answered, as I haven't been lurking this OT as often since Overwatch's launch... but have they announced when the July season will be starting? I was shocked to see I still have my June ranks.

Welfare

Forgive me if this has already been answered, as I haven't been lurking this OT as often since Overwatch's launch... but have they announced when the July season will be starting? I was shocked to see I still have my June ranks.

June season is two months, June + July. They are testing longer seasons.

Top Bottom