• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

singhr1

Today's ArtStation check-in for Halo brings some interesting designs including:

Steampunk Plasma Pistol
jeremy-roland-jeremy-roland-guntestrender2.jpg

High res Halo 3 3D spore model

Halo 5 Sunaion Prop Concepts and Models including these cool banner designs

There's also some concepts of the two new armor sets and maps from the WZFF update

Alright, sounds good! HOPEFULLY I CAN JOIN

I imagine something along the lines of a board considering it will have a lot of capabilities for the moderator n such.

From: https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/jul/11/scorpio-microsoft-xbox-one-s-future-video-games?

Thanks for the link! Sounds pretty cool.

Yeah, I gotta say I would be more inclined to watch clips people post here if it has that.

Yeah I'd rather watch clips in the community part of the Xbox dash just so I could like or comment right there, rather than view it on a third party site like xboxdvr

First time I saw the Needler Chaingun Warthog it instantly reminded me of the modded servers from Halo PC where they swapped projectiles, like a sniper that shot tank shells, etc.

Crazy awesome stuff.

I also remember console Halo 2 in matchmaking with modded projectiles and maps. Ah the memories of loading a playlist to then find your team playing Hog races on a modded map instead. Good times.

The Flash

Banned
I wish the Needle Rifle was still around :(

So many cool weapons were introduced in Reach but were never followed up on.

Needle Rifle, Focus Rifle, Plasma Launcher, Pro Pipe...

Fuchsdh

I'll never understand the love for the Needle Rifle. It was worthless in campaign because every single unit would dive like a mademan as soon as you pointed it in their direction, and it led to the horribly unfun change that supercombines can only affect unshielded units, making the Needler less useful.

belushy

Banned
Clubs will be cool if we can use them to set up customs quickly. Wonder if the PC Forge thing will have Clubs support (its gonna be part of the Win 10 app thing too, right?) It would be a good way to get customs rolling on PC when that comes, too.

Clubs will be cool if we can use them to set up customs quickly. Wonder if the PC Forge thing will have Clubs support (its gonna be part of the Win 10 app thing too, right?) It would be a good way to get customs rolling on PC when that comes, too.

should include Win10, since they're pushing for crossplat so hard

I think, unless you are using kinetic bolts, human weapons aren't really effective against Promethean's.

The light rifle for example is far better against the Soldiers than the standard BR. And the Boltshot and Surpressor both home in on Knight weak spots.

So the basic enemy variants work like this:

Covenant

Grunts and Jackals: precision weapon headshots
Elites: noob combo
Hunters: shoot them in the back, power weapons preferred

Prometheans

Crawlers: precision weapon headshots
Soldiers: Suppressor, Light Rifle
Knights: Suppressor, Boltshot and other power weapon weak point shot

Bosses

Heavy/advanced vehicles, nothing else work, even the most powerful weapons don't have enough ammo to make a big difference.

In addition, non-boss Grunts, Jackals, Crawlers and Soldiers can be killed instantly with vehicle splatter, this is especially useful in early rounds with Scout Warthog and basic/Sword Ghost.

Assualt is so legit now... But playing unranked makes me want to end it sometimes...

True. Now the partied up teams and buddies have caught on so it's become another playlist where it's tough to solo search. #GotREQdLastNightSolo

I jumped into community doubles for the first time last night too and the randy on my side started helping out the enemy team from the get go. I quit and the banhammer struck, UGH.

IHaveIce

Banned
I'll never understand the love for the Needle Rifle. It was worthless in campaign because every single unit would dive like a mademan as soon as you pointed it in their direction, and it led to the horribly unfun change that supercombines can only affect unshielded units, making the Needler less useful.
It was a great weapon in MP. Especially after the TU

EYEL1NER

Damn, that recommendation for using the Razor's Edge on Prometheans a couple days ago was spot-on. I hopped on for the first time in a couple days and wanted to try that out. I was paired up with some good players (seems like maybe I was right to hope that WZFF would be easier once the free trial was over and it was back to 'regulars' playing the game) but I did well, getting third overall and surviving the final round on Darkstar. I just kept topping the Razor's Edge off at REQ stations and wrecked face on four legendaries and the mythic Warden in rounds four and five. It was a challenge to stay alive because the boss in round four spawned at the back of a base, meaning if I wanted to get close I would have to brave the multitude of Prometheans teleporting in on my ass. Luckily there were two Scorpions in the base that drew some of their attention and I wised up and started equipping Overshields when I would top off my ammo as well. I just hope I don't blow through my Razor's Edge supply too quickly though. I can see the amount of them I have saved up lasting me only a couple more matches.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
It was a great weapon in MP. Especially after the TU

i mean its essentially the carbine but with brightly colored projectiles that super combine. its a carbine turned up to 11, how could you not like it? the carbine is so boring in comparison, not sure why they went back to it

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
is there any way to stabilize with auto-stabilize off? how can you jump from plaza yard to top yellow with auto-stabilize off?

Fuchsdh

What is the current fastest external hard drive that is compatible with Xbox One?

Does anyone at HaloGAF have any hard drive recommendations?

The fastest is going to be a solid-state drive, but they're pricey and based on the numbers I've seen the minimal speedup just isn't worth it. I've got one of these since I used G-Drives at work and they've been quite reliable, but what you're looking for is a USB3 drive that is bus-powered (so only one cable) and 7200RPM, which are a bit harder to find than bus-powered 5400RPM, so read the fine print.

TCKaos

It was a very interesting take on the Covenant precision weapon concept. It feels more like it belongs in the sandbox because it's easier to associate the ammo type with reloading over the Carbine because the player is already intimate with using the Needler in an infantry role rather than using the Fuel Rod in an infantry role. If anything the Carbine should be the Railgun of the Covenant sandbox since it uses down-sized fuel rod munitions. According to the lore the individual rounds are entirely capable of piercing vehicle armor as well, so it should serve some sort of anti-armor role.

For what its worth one of my favorite takes on Covenant precision weapons is the SPV3 Particle Carbine, since it overheats and uses a battery, making it far more similar to most of the other weapons used by the Covenant. The Particle Carbine could be the BR equivalent and the Needle Rifle the DMR equivalent. The Carbine could be the Rail Gun with slightly reduced damage but higher rate of fire (again, rewarding precision, as the Covenant sandbox should) while the Grenade Launcher could be reintroduced as an equivalent for the Plasma Caster.

Trup1aya

wow i feel like such a noob. thanks!

EDIT: not working. ???

EDIT 2: oh, while zoomed. jesus thats convoluted. can i program a paddle to be both zoom and sprint at the same time?

I guess they figured allowing folks to stabilize without being zoomed would be too OP.

Because of this I just learned to live with auto-stabilize, even though it isn't ideal.

Top Bottom