• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

The Flash

Banned
Hey Stinkles, I'm going back and playing through Halo 4 right now and have a question? Can you comment on Del Rio's douche factor and provide an explanation as to what could've caused it?

The Flash

Banned
They needed plot/character tension.

23sv2g5.gif

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
this engine handles large battles with huge environments filled with enemies without dropping frames. so why is the warzone fly in/out performance so rubbish?

this engine handles large battles with huge environments filled with enemies without dropping frames. so why is the warzone fly in/out performance so rubbish?

I think that has something to do with lag, I can predict how a match would perform just by looking at the flying in sequence.

We were told 15 maps, and 6 Warzone - that doesn't mean we were owed 9 Arena maps. I imagine Tidal, Parallax and Glacier (the latter two weren't in base game, and were added with Forge release) all contribute to the count.
Empty palettes should not count towards DLC maps. They'd still be below the WZ count.

It was 18+ maps and not 15. Read the "Halo 5 went gold" blog post.

And we got 11. :p

I don't mean to sound entitled, the maps were free. Yet when they make such claims I expect them to stick with it. Or at the very least be more transparent about what the figures mean.

It was 18+ maps and not 15. Read the "Halo 5 went gold" blog post.

And we got 11. :p

I don't mean to sound entitled, the maps were free. Yet when they make such claims I expect them to stick with it. Or at the very least be more transparent about what the figures mean.

And we got 18+ because they counted the forge maps. Nowhere does it say 18+ original, dev made maps.

Let it go, people.

Akai__

And we got 18+ because they counted the forge maps. Nowhere does it say 18+ original, dev made maps.

Let it go, people.

By that logic they could say the next Halo game will have 1000+ maps after release, because Forgers did those. I won't let it go, until 343i oficially comments on it, which they didn't do once. Either step up your communication or don't claim these things.

Exactly.

belushy

Banned
DLC maps have been average to terrible anyway. (The arena ones at least)

I don't care that they lied, but they need to do better with map design either way.

I don't care that they lied, but they need to do better with map design either way.

The symmetric maps have been good. While their asymmetric maps have been poor. Far too many small corridors.

Akai__

That, too. Riptide, Overgrowth and Torque all feel like they tossed their Competetive Arena mindset out of the window and completely forget how to do maps that actually play well with Halo 5's settings.

Trup1aya

BTB maps definately counted. Just like the launch Breakout maps did.

Best we can do is hope that future PR is more straight forward.

Anyway, I want an arena map based on Sactum. It looks SOOO good.

Madness

I don't know just imagine what a shitshow matchmaking in H5 would be if they allowed split screen and guest accounts. 2-3 new players quitting after going down leaving you alone, quitting in Warzone etc. Obviously better to have it then not, let the people who need split screen worry about frames. But won't shed tears if split screen gone for good.

I don't know just imagine what a shitshow matchmaking in H5 would be if they allowed split screen and guest accounts. 2-3 new players quitting after going down leaving you alone, quitting in Warzone etc. Obviously better to have it then not, let the people who need split screen worry about frames. But won't shed tears if split screen gone for good.

Never forget.
I'm not going to say it's a good thing split screen is gone, but I'm personally happy about it.

Nowise10

Only allow splitscreen in Campaign/Custom games/Social playlist. Honestly I do not care if people are crap in social modes where we're just playing for fun, and not to do the best.

Not sure if it was already like that with past Halo's, as I only ever used splitsceen when playing campaign.

They framed it as DLC. Forge maps aren't DLC.

I think they definitely counted the BTB maps cause they were created "in-house."

By that logic they could say the next Halo game will have 1000+ maps after release, because Forgers did those. I won't let it go, until 343i oficially comments on it, which they didn't do once. Either step up your communication or don't claim these things.

I just don't see any other way. They had to have included the BTB maps cause those had some involvement from 343.

It's not that I wouldn't want 18+ dev maps, but I'm just pessimistic given the situation of them not saying anything about it.
Ya fuck those people who thought they were getting actual maps. Those idiots

I didn't say that?

My whole point is that we got shafted, and there's nothing we can do about it cause it's not like they can pull out 6 or 7 whatever new dev maps out of their ass

Trup1aya

i doubt people would go into ranked matches with their low skilled Splitscreen buddies. And if they are playing with a Crappy friend, I doubt they'd care enough about winning to rampantly quit out of Warzone matches.

Round 1 : kill promethians
Round 2 : kill promethians
Round 3 : defend the temple
Round 4 : kill ghosts
Round 5 : defend the 3 things*

Man. What an easy game of ff. Love it. I think i have like a 80% win on sanctum. Covie map is life.

EYEL1NER

Round 1 : kill promethians
Round 2 : kill promethians
Round 3 : defend the temple
Round 4 : kill ghosts
Round 5 : defend the 3 things*

Man. What an easy game of ff. Love it. I think i have like a 80% win on sanctum. Covie map is life.
I love that one and also have a decent record on it. I also like the ending wave where you have to destroy the Phantom.

My FF match looked like this:

Round 1: Defend the armory

Thanks for wasting my time.

If it prometheans, I found a pretty good method. Of course, it requires staying alive enough to get some splinter nades.

Basically it's just chaining splinters!

Use a splinter to kill some soldiers, pick up their splinters, and repeat. I last pretty long by myself once. Long enough for my teammates to actually come inside and help.

If it prometheans, I found a pretty good method. Of course, it requires staying alive enough to get some splinter nades.

Basically it's just chaining splinters!

Use a splinter to kill some soldiers, pick up their splinters, and repeat. I last pretty long by myself once. Long enough for my teammates to actually come inside and help.

All my teammates were SR 20 or less. The AI from the campaign would have been more useful than them.

Top Bottom