• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

GreyWind

We got the Doubles in, dunno about broader BTB updates or Slayer.

I'm still really fond of Shatter's aesthetic:

345.jpg

Had a lot of fun on that map, especially with Extraction, but it always felt weird to me because there was no central path between bases—you had to go around, and there was that funny central area you could only drop into.

My favorite were Harvest and Daybreak

Akai__

Yes, 343i after we already lose 100-4 against PENTA eSports players, it's obvious to match us again against them. I mean, we totally had a chance against Champions and Onyx 3000's.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I always find grunts just walking around, holding plasma pistols. Destroy them, take their plasma pistol and help ya team out by Plasma charge shooting those banshees out of the sky!!!
Yeah, because the grunts give free plasma pistols, the annoying thing here isn't the banshees but the ghosts. You have to use some pistols to take out the ghosts while intentionally leaving some grunts alive to use those pistols on the banshees afterward, since the pistols will disappear if you kill them all at the same time.

Trup1aya

Good luck getting in vehicles with all of those barricades making navigation an absolute chore.

Yeah the barricades where annoying my first couple of play throughs, but I've gotten used to it... They actually forced me to come to terms with these new tank controls.

Fuchsdh

My favorite were Harvest and Daybreak

My only issue with Harvest was that it was stuck in their weird twilight zone of being a 4v4 map and being a BTB map, and they probably should have gone one way or another (although to its credit it dynamically contracts pretty well based on player count.)

Akai__

I played my first Swat match of the season last night and got ranked against Champion 1, Champion 2, Champion 14, and Champion 27.

Here is a clip from the match to show you how it went

Yeah, just ridiculous. I think by now, everyone and their mother played against Naptimez and his mates in SWAT.

However, you'd think that 343i has enough data to have better matchups in Team Arena. I can understand why SWAT is that way, but not why Arena is. Don't match me up with Pros, when I'm only Onyx 1800 and they have double or triple the amount.

I'm officially on vacations. Finally!

Now I don't have an excuse to don't play with G0SU Kappa

You know you like carrying me to diamond ranks. We had a good double team moment where you groudpounded the fleeing foe on Tyrant.

Yes, i will remember all gound pounds with my fellow HaloGaf folk.

>=D

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i have a warzone ultra rare mission victory card that the game just won't let me cash in. i activate it, win, and get nothing (extra) for it and the card is returned to my req boost inventory. weird.

Moa

i have a warzone ultra rare mission victory card that the game just won't let me cash in. i activate it, win, and get nothing (extra) for it and the card is returned to my req boost inventory. weird.
Are you using it in Firefight?

Hello peoples of the world. I was just dropping by to say that I don't know when I'll be back on halo 5. Just other things going on right now. So consider me out indefinitely for the time being. Could be a week or a month or longer. I just dont know. That also means it's okay to drop me from the SC if someone else really wants in. I'm cool with it. Now to go mow a lawn...

BizzyBum

Hello peoples of the world. I was just dropping by to say that I don't know when I'll be back on halo 5. Just other things going on right now. So consider me out indefinitely for the time being. Could be a week or a month or longer. I just dont know. That also means it's okay to drop me from the SC if someone else really wants in. I'm cool with it. Now to go mow a lawn...

Everything ok?

If we end up kicking anyone it would be gosu so you're safe for now.

Trup1aya

And enemies had less health.

If they're doing it at all, you can bet that's the case. I'm surprised they're not doing some sort of REQ system for Horde, though. Guess they want to keep that untainted.

Reading the post, it looks the Horde items will be part of their "req system"

Simply put, Cards are the new way to unlock new customization content in Gears of War 4 that represent a variety of items - from player customization, to Horde equipment and abilities, and Bounties that task players with completing challenges for added rewards.

The coalition seems to have improved on the req system, except for this fatal flaw

Emblems – Customize your player identity in Gears of War 4. Emblems show behind your username in lobbies and scoreboards.

Fuck unlocking emblems

EYEL1NER

Re: Power Weapons not having enough ammo
Man, it would be nice if there could be some kind of end-of-wave reward that granted ammo to you. Like upon surviving a wave, your ammo was refilled. It wouldn't be too handy though I guess, since that would be pretty situational. But if there was some way to implement something like that...
New Halo Community Feedback Survey out. It's about the HCS team req packs.
I made sure to sign up for the program after the last batch of free REQs, when I realized that I wasn't already in the program. No email here though.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Are you using it in Firefight?

yes.

let me guess, victory cards dont work in warzone? you'd think there would be some UI in place to inform people of such things, especially since virtually all other warzone ones do (only exception i knew was the obvious "kill spartans" ones)

Renegades fails to beat Liquid and now EG has a chance to grab that last spot for Pro League finals. But they gotta beat CLG. Last match of the night is going to be lit.

Top Bottom