• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Wrong. They can randomly fuck you up when you are anywhere that you are visible to them from nearly any distance. So the options removed are being anywhere visible to them fighting anything else until you first go out of your way to safely roll up on them.

Pretty sure they will almost always deal body shots unless you sit still and stare at them like an idiot.

I don't really like Firefight encounters all that much (I think they should have more, less-spongy enemies), but showing us a video of you being really bad doesn't really help make your case.

Akai__

I bet the problem is that you’re matching and beating high MMR players who are playing solo causing your MMR to rise too high.

You can't have a high MMR with a 52% win/loss ratio. Every MMR system is trying to pull you down to a 50% win/loss ratio so you get even matches. People that are above average (in this case read very high Onyx and Champions) have a high MMR.

Plus look at the current CSR distribution. These people don't "just" have 1000 points more than us. They have 8000 more points than us (with a 80% win/loss ratio). If my MMR is high, what's theirs? Besides that, there is thousands of people between me and them. It doesn't make any sense at all.

Played for the first time in a few weeks and had okay games. Probably would have sworn it off for a month if this happened to me lol

I've realized Strongholds is an impossible gametype without communication. Really wish King of the Hill would return.

Halo 5 is the best fun I've had since Halo 3. The matchmaking is top notch most of the time, but it's these little things that suck.

And agreed on the 2nd part. Halo is not really fun with 3 Gametypes. Needs a lot more. All Reach Gametypes would be a start.

When is the Halo SDCC panel?

No indications on a live stream, but it's from 10:15am - 11:15am. Probably San Diego time.

Hope the ViDoc they want to release afterwards is something really good. Love me some ViDocs.

TMCC still having issues is disappointing, and that cannot be said enough. Just because some people left it in the past does not mean that others don't want to dip in some classic Halo. I frequently get the urge to play Halo 1-4, yet whenever I boot up TMCC I'm greeted with long wait times, crashes, and many other issues that still plague what was supposed to be one of, if not the best collection of all time.

To justify working on it, they could release Reach as an add-on that could bring in additional revenue. Free for everyone who received ODST for free, $5 for everyone else, and it could incentivize those who sold it to repurchase if it's finally fixed.

Pretty sure they will almost always deal body shots unless you sit still and stare at them like an idiot.

I don't really like Firefight encounters all that much (I think they should have more, less-spongy enemies), but showing us a video of you being really bad doesn't really help make your case.

So, to reiterate, git gud.

Fuchsdh

Just chiming in to say Akai is a gentlemen and scholar for helping me get the Keyes shield bump and bridge descent done and my H1 Legendary achievement in the process. Now just two achievements away from MCC.

mRRwKJY.png

https://twitter.com/Halo/status/756262786867470336

All Hail The Conquering STINKLES!

TMCC still having issues is disappointing, and that cannot be said enough. Just because some people left it in the past does not mean that others don't want to dip in some classic Halo. I frequently get the urge to play Halo 1-4, yet whenever I boot up TMCC I'm greeted with long wait times, crashes, and many other issues that still plague what was supposed to be one of, if not the best collection of all time.

To justify working on it, they could release Reach as an add-on that could bring in additional revenue. Free for everyone who received ODST for free, $5 for everyone else, and it could incentivize those who sold it to repurchase if it's finally fixed.

Reach Rereleased in 60 FPS, TU applied to all game modes I will never play H5 again

Warning: the following clips are of wood tier caliber. Enjoy.

Dubu take my...
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/SaMuRaI G0SU/video/19814737

Thats not how you do a ninja
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/SaMuRaI G0SU/video/19814773

Take note folks.
be better than me T_T .....

i sincerely appreciate how you melee'd that dude's body [who was already dead], and then threw a good ol' teabag in there to that dude who tried to ninja you.

this is what halo's all about.

Reach Rereleased in 60 FPS, TU applied to all game modes I will never play H5 again

#confusionoverwhelming

i sincerely appreciate how you melee'd that dude's body [who was already dead], and then threw a good ol' teabag in there to that dude who tried to ninja you.

this is what halo's all about.

#confusionoverwhelming

Wellll. He was trying to kill me so i smacked him letting him know where his place was.

2nd guy failed his ninja miserably so i had to really let him know about his failure with a good quick teabag. ;)

" Do you hate me now? "

https://youtu.be/dKSJN3WWR3E

So I'm having a weird issue with my xbox one. I was on vacation for about a week and while I was gone I turned off the surge protector that my one is connected to. Upon returning from vacation and booting my xbox one back up, the settings have all been changed and the disc player won't play burays nor dvds. I don't actually have a game disc to test whether or not it would load a game. I had to go change the display settings back to 1080p and the audio settings back to stereo becuase no sound was coming through the tv speakers. Has anyone else ever had this happen? Is my xbox one borked? I uninstalled and reinstalled the blu ray app but it didn't fix anything. I'm not sure what else to try.

Reach remastered to me is a terrible idea. Always thought it was the weakest of the whole series (excluding the Spartan assault games) aside from armor and invasion that never got enough attention from bungie. The maps were mostly forgettable and most new modes were hit and miss. Also if I ever have to deal with armor lock again I'm going to lose it.

On another note, God do I hate when people don't play the game right. Swear I would of won 3 firefight matches if people stopped sightseeing and focus on killing things. That and in grifball can't stand when people can score but won't cause they want to kill people.

Oozer3993

I'm getting annoyed with the spawning in Warzone Firefight. Both enemy (I'm tired of them spawning in right behind me or right on top of the core or, in a memorable incident, directly underneath my Wraith, popping me into the air) and myself (why am I so far away and why are the respawn times so long?). The long respawn times just end up exacerbating the other faults. A cheap death is made all the more frustrating when it causes you to sit out for 30 seconds.

------------------------------------

I apologize if this is the wrong place for this, but here goes:

It's July 21st, i.e. the anniversary of the first public reveal of Halo at MacWorld New York 1999. Marvel at a game being introduced by Steve Jobs via Comic Sans title card! And a public sighting of Jason Jones! I bring this up not just because of the anniversary, but also because I need your help with something in relation to it. I'm working on a Making of Halo: Combat Evolved piece akin to the Oral History of the Halo 2 E3 Demo I did last year and I need help finding a source. I swear I remember listening to a podcast (or it could have been a video or heck I might have read it; my memory hates me right now) where someone (possibly Marty) talks about the MacWorld demo and mentions that it crashed around 50% of the time. So Jason Jones was up on stage pressing the button to start the demo, hoping it didn't crash in front of Steve Jobs and everyone. If anyone knows the source of this anecdote, please point me in the right direction! I'd be most grateful.

I'm getting annoyed with the spawning in Warzone Firefight. Both enemy (I'm tired of them spawning in right behind me or right on top of the core or, in a memorable incident, directly underneath my Wraith, popping me into the air) and myself (why am I so far away and why are the respawn times so long?). The long respawn times just end up exacerbating the other faults. A cheap death is made all the more frustrating when it causes you to sit out for 30 seconds.

------------------------------------

I apologize if this is the wrong place for this, but here goes:

It's July 21st, i.e. the anniversary of the first public reveal of Halo at MacWorld New York 1999. Marvel at a game being introduced by Steve Jobs via Comic Sans title card! And a public sighting of Jason Jones! I bring this up not just because of the anniversary, but also because I need your help with something in relation to it. I'm working on a Making of Halo: Combat Evolved piece akin to the Oral History of the Halo 2 E3 Demo I did last year and I need help finding a source. I swear I remember listening to a podcast (or it could have been a video or heck I might have read it; my memory hates me right now) where someone (possibly Marty) talks about the MacWorld demo and mentions that it crashed around 50% of the time. So Jason Jones was up on stage pressing the button to start the demo, hoping it didn't crash in front of Steve Jobs and everyone. If anyone knows the source of this anecdote, please point me in the right direction! I'd be most grateful.

The Halo 2 Anniversary documentary: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9-Wk_R3SPw

around 5:00.

I just wish 343 gave me the rank i match up against. Ahem *onyx* ahem.

Im only a lowly level platinum pleb.. Dont have me match make against diamonds and onyx. Plzzzz and thank youuuuuuuu.

Yall see that ninja fail though? Lol. I was laughing when i watched him jump back gracefully to his death.

Mistel

Banned
It does have some issues with the spawns you'd think there would be cycling respawn points to alleviate the issue of bad spawns.

Hey, so I've been on a hiatus for a while already, and I'm heading off on a vacation to Hawaii, so if you folks are in need of extra space in the company, feel free to drop me in favor of someone else.

If you don't, then I'll be back on first week of August, but I understand that that's a long time.

Cranster

Banned
I finished Delta Halo on LASO and I have now seemed to hit a brickwall due to Jackal Snipers at the begining of Regret. I'm going to have to take a short break for awhile before I continue.

Hey, so I've been on a hiatus for a while already, and I'm heading off on a vacation to Hawaii, so if you folks are in need of extra space in the company, feel free to drop me in favor of someone else.

If you don't, then I'll be back on first week of August, but I understand that that's a long time.

Nobody plays anyways.

I finished Delta Halo on LASO and I have now seemed to hit a brickwall due to Jackal Snipers at the begining of Regret. I'm going to have to take a short break for awhile before I continue.

Man fuck Regret, I had more problem with that than Gravemind. My issue came at the gondola section. The Marines are supposed to come with you and it helps immensely on the section. However, for some reason the Marines never came and I had to that part solo. I spent probably over 45 minutes on that section. At one point I was about to just give up and load an earlier checkpoint, but I didn't want to start over. I eventually got it, but man that was one of the most frustrating moments I had in gaming.

Cranster

Banned
Man fuck Regret, I had more problem with that than Gravemind. My issue came at the gondola section. The Marines are supposed to come with you and it helps immensely on the section. However, for some reason the Marines never came and I had to that part solo. I spent probably over 45 minutes on that section. At one point I was about to just give up and load an earlier checkpoint, but I didn't want to start over. I eventually got it, but man that was one of the most frustrating moments I had in gaming.
Once your past the prison section in Gravemind I imagine it get's easier from there.

I just got past the first gondala on Regret though. I used the speedrun tactic of grenade jumping to the structure beside the first gondola and it was frustrating because I was either getting killed by the first two elites if I wasn't quick enough, sniped in mid-air by the Jackals or fell to my death by missing the jump. I was able to skip alot of frustrating encounters and with luck even despawned the Snipers and Turret Grunts on the tower. So far out of all the missions Outskirts would have to be the easiest as you can skip the first half of the level easily and drive past most of the enemies on the Beach in a Ghost. I think I'm going to save the rest of Regret for my next day off though.

Once your past the prison section in Gravemind I imagine it get's easier from there.

I just got past the first gondala on Regret though. I used the speedrun tactic of grenade jumping to the structure beside the first gondola and it was frustrating because I was either getting killed by the first two elites if I wasn't quick enough, sniped in mid-air by the Jackals or fell to my death by missing the jump. I was able to skip alot of frustrating encounters and with luck even despawned the Snipers and Turret Grunts on the tower. So far out of all the missions Outskirts would have to be the easiest as you can skip the first half of the level easily and drive past most of the enemies on the Beach in a Ghost. I think I'm going to save the rest of Regret for my next day off though.

Is the prison skip possible on MCC LASO?

Nobody plays anyways.

Yeah you are right.
Especially some people on this thread

Well, I'd still like to stick around in the Company, and I do intend to play more when I get back.

The part that ruins Regret for me is the boss fight in the end. Either you get good RNG and generous checkpoint allocation, or bad RNG and sparse checkpoints. I dealt with the latter.

No joke, after two hours of frivolous attempts to kill him, I went to bed and started shaking from anxiety. It's not the fight itself that brought up that kind of trauma; I'd had a rough day and was playing Halo 2 solo Legendary to cool down. Working towards Helioskrill kept my mind off of some of the bullshit I was dealing with in college. But man, I just don't know when to quit when I get my mind set on something, and my ego got the better of me. I paid for it in a good night's rest.

I've never had such a frustrating experience in a Halo game before. But the next morning I woke up, blessed by RNGesus and the Halo checkpoint lords, and beat him within five tries. The catharsis was incredible.

Top Bottom