• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Akai__

I'm not a fan of the Halo 3 controls for the hornet personally. My problem was when I wanted to move sideways, target an enemy, and change altitude at the same time. The sideways movement would work fine until it tried to gain altitude, and having to target an event at the same time meant that my right stick was out of wack. When it comes to VTOL styled vehicles, I prefer Reach's press trigger to ascend, press bumper to lock altitude. Then again, the Falcon should just make a return.

The Falcon controls were also good, yeah. I'm just not a fan of having to press Bumpers for ascend/descend. Feels so awkward to me. Like I said, toggles would fix this.

And yeah... Bring back the Falcon!!!
and all other missing vehicles.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I think stinkles said they wouldn't patch it to do 4k or something along those lines. I think the only thing we really have 4k for Halo is when the Halo forge edition comes out on Win10. Something about it being built with dx12.

I haven't said anything about that, or at least not on purpose. However there will be more news about Win 10 Forge res and perf closer to its launch.

But it looks nifty. That's for sure.

I haven't said anything about that, or at least not on purpose. However there will be more news about Win 10 Forge res and perf closer to its launch.

But it looks nifty. That's for sure.

Ah, so we may see a potential scorpio patch for halo 5? Hehe ;)

Yes. I eagerly await more news about the win10 version. How soon can we expect news?

Rockyrock

can someone explain to me why this game crashes after the match forcing me to reboot the game and then has the audacity to ban me from MM. why is this a thing?

the amount of times this game crashes in arena post game lobbies for me is ridiculous .

Started playing Arena again, Molten is alright, by no means great but not a stinker like Overgrowth/Riptide.

The plasma caster is pretty crazy now, wrecked some people with that.

The Flash

Banned
Joseph Smith, Firefight is still good. First halo ive played in months, buddha. I'll probably give money to a 343 ran Halo.
If it has Firefight.

JaggedSac

The problem is, the game constantly changes how interprets the left stick depending on where your turret is aimed. So it's not completely independent.

It was better in H2-3 (iirc). Just normal LS move, RS aim... Not interdependencies.

Ok, so I am not losing my mind. I oftentimes get in situations where the scorpion does not do what I expect it to do and I am pretty sure my team mates are saying "wtf is this idiot doing".

New002

Ok, so I am not losing my mind. I oftentimes get in situations where the scorpion does not do what I expect it to do and I am pretty sure my team mates are saying "wtf is this idiot doing".

Same here. I thought I was going crazy trying to drive that stupid thing my last Firefight game.

Played some Arena last night. It is getting a little exhausting to have any fun in that mode now... especially when im a solo que player 99% of the time. Assault- played against sr130 and 140s , slayer - pre-made team with smurf account. yeah.... :(

anywho, ended the night on a win with WZ FF.

Stormarch
R1: Defend Armory
R2: Kill Promethians
R3: Kill hunters
R4: Kill 2 Grunt Goblins
R5: Kill 4-6? Prime Elites and then 4 Hunters in the back of a base.

Tanks. Tanks, everwhere lol

Trup1aya

Nope you aren't crazy, the solution is simple.

UP on the LS should ALWAYS move your tank forward regardless of where you are aiming. Down on the LS should ALWAYS move your tank backwards.

LEFT/RIGHT should always rotate the tank.

Aiming the turret should have nothing to do with movement.

currently, if you are aimed over the right side of your tank, and you press UP, your tank will turn to the right. It's not too bad if you shooting a standing target. But if you are trying to move around while also shooting a moving target, the games response to the Left stick will be constantly changing. It's madness.

Halo 5's launched maps geometry is a fucking mess and spartan charge is a mess. There's some kind of object I bump into, small spots that shouldn't be accessible to clamber or perhaps should be or a piece of the map sticking out I get caught and they cost with my demise.
All because 343 wanted to design the new core in mind so heavily with the launched maps it makes me nauseous playing them and this shit still happens. Surprised nobody talks about it.

With Spartan charge it's a mess because if you attempt it and connect with another player with low shields chances are you'll only knock out their shields (excluding hitting them in the back) leaving them vulnerable to kill. Now if your shields are depleted and are recharging making it to half way and you get spartan charged on? You'll die. Which makes no sense bcuz I should have had my Shields only knocked out instead of insta death, right? Nope. GSO, you...

I really like Halo 5, but I just can't understand why 343 doesn't bother to either address this or fix it. The two things that are just purposely left unfixed or just mindlessly overlooked.

Trup1aya

Halo 5's launched maps geometry is a fucking mess and spartan charge is a mess. There's some kind of object I bump into, small spots that shouldn't be accessible to clamber or perhaps should be or a piece of the map sticking out I get caught and they cost with my demise.
All because 343 wanted to design the new core in mind so heavily with the launched maps it makes me nauseous playing them and this shit still happens. Surprised nobody talks about it.

With Spartan charge it's a mess because if you attempt it and connect with another player with low shields chances are you'll only knock out their shields (excluding hitting them in the back) leaving them vulnerable to kill. Now if your shields are depleted and are recharging making it to half way and you get spartan charged on? You'll die. Which makes no sense bcuz I should have had my Shields only knocked out instead of insta death, right? Nope. GSO, you...

I really like Halo 5, but I just can't understand why 343 doesn't bother to either address this or fix it. The two things that are just purposely left unfixed or just mindlessly overlooked.

Spartan Charge is fucked up, but this is hardly the biggest issue with it.

the malus

Neo Member
Just had a really quick game of assault:
Screenshot-Original.png
One Teammate didn't even fire a single bullet and we still won.
The population increase seems to be real, I finally manage to win matches (without being last on the team) after months of just getting stomped.

jem0208

I think I just had my first ever really negative experience with JIP. Joined a firefight game with 2 minutes of the final round left. Was fairly pointless.

Sai

Objective: Defend the Garage.

Random Spartan: Hmmm, lets call a Tank, seems a good ideia. I can enter the Garage with one.

Kappa
It's good to have one or two Scorpions out there to keep those Phaetons suppressed, and blow away groups of Prometheans that just spawned in. But too many times I've seen almost the entire team in vehicles, completely forgetting that somebody needs to be in that garage to prevent it from being captured.

Trup1aya

Objective: Defend the Garage.

Random Spartan: Hmmm, lets call a Tank, seems a good ideia. I can enter the Garage with one.

Kappa

I think tanks are useful during that round, but you only really need 1 or two, everyone else should be in ghosts getting a shit ton of spatters.

Just give it up breh. They are never going to fix it. Maybe we'll have better luck with H6.
I know they probably won't fix it, but someone brought up a good point about how there was a weekend where they limited fireteams to 6 people for WZA.

Which means...they sorta did "flip a switch."

Don't see why it can't be done in arena, but then again I'm no game developer so I dunno how complex it would be.

link1201

Hell yeah! A ViDoc is exactly what I needed!

But still no confirmation on wether the panel will be streamed or not. I actually want to watch it. :(
In years past the sdcc wouldn't let them. I think I read somewhere they(sdcc)are going to have paid streams though but my memory is foggy on that.

Trup1aya

Yeah, and you do you kill the knights on the top of the garage? :p

Nah, I mostly, just hang out ground level in a ghost running enemies over... As long as someone is inside, the prometheans can't win.

Having a tank or two outside for the Phaeton's and Knights actually helps players get back into the garage after respawning.

Rando's can go kill those Knights upstairs if they want, I just splatter as many crawlers and soldiers as possible to get my Req level sky height, killing Knights on the garage ground floor/outside as neccisary... Making sure at least 1 person is inside at all times.

Nah, I mostly, just hang out ground level in a ghost running enemies over... As long as someone is inside, the prometheans can't win.

Having a tank or two outside for the Phaeton's and Knights actually helps players get back into the garage after respawning.

Rando's can go kill those Knights upstairs if they want, I just splatter as many crawlers and soldiers as possible to get my Req level sky height, killing Knights on the garage ground floor/outside as neccisary... Making sure at least 1 person is inside at all times.

The problem is most randoms don't care if there's anyone inside the garage. I lost today because 2 of them were outside. One of them was on a tank. I know that they are useful, but somethings sucks because they are the only one alive and they can't help the objective.

Trup1aya

The problem is most randoms don't care if there's anyone inside the garage. I lost today because 2 of them were outside. One of them was on a tank. I know that they are useful, but somethings sucks because they are the only one alive and they can't help the objective.

Yeah randoms can be pretty dumb. I love it when I get on a god squad, where everyone just seems to know what to do to help.

But more often then not, I feel like I'm pulling the load.

If I'm in a tank, and I see a bunch of X's on my screen, I'll hop out and do what I gotta do. But I'm usually in a ghost wrecking shop on the ground floor.

Top Bottom