• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
It got frantic and I missed the word suggestions. But I did ask if there was MP in Halo Wars 2 to keep it real.

Replayed the campaign and Locke has grown on me.

In addition to having the slickest armor design in the game, he's also the only party in the story who's even borderline reasonable.

Cortana is nuts, Chief is completely emotionally compromised, and ONI reacted to a simple AWOL as if he had personally bombed a UN meeting. Locke is just stuck in the middle trying to follow orders as best he can.

None of the other characters do anything for me though. I didn't read the books, but the members of Blue Team had none of the gravitas or world-weariness of say, Noble Team in Reach. You never got the feeling that they were the elite of the elite, they were just puppy-dogs following behind their buddy. Which is fine, but the game did nothing to express all the wars and tough shit they had battled through together to make that bond. So they looked dumb, not loyal.

I kinda wish they had gone slightly more specific into Locke's past. Lots of hints of wetwork and black ops, but not much beyond. If Master Chief is going to remain a pillar of nobility and selflessness, then 343i shouldn't be too concerned about getting to dark and murky with their other character. Tell us about the blood on his hands and his moral compromises. Give us a fully flawed 'hero' to balance the flawless one.

Chittagong

Gold Member
He paid dearly for his Plat :D

wCuucv1h.jpg

That matchmaking tho

Edit: lol another one

Is this what you guyz meant with git gud

FyreWulff

Going to sleep for 28 years and waking up outside of the galaxy must be the Forerunner version of drunk sharpie face drawings

"hey Ur-Carl, check this out"

Well guys, I'm at a crossroads.

I've run out of Xbox Live and used up any 14-day and 2-day trials I had lying around and I don't have the impetus to renew. Gears of War 4, Forza Horizon 3, and ReCore are all planned for PC purchases. My XBO is feeling redundant now without XBL to play Halo 5 and is about to be traded in and I can't figure out if I should put the money towards an Xbox One S or just hoof it with the Xbox app on Windows 10 until I see what Scorpio brings.

I've had a lot of fun with Halo 5. It's the best multiplayer suite in the entire series IMO and I wish to high heavens it was ported to PC already, but I'll never be able to grind out all the REQs like some of you have. I'm just playing too many other games and doing too many other things to justify having a console for only one game I can't fully play any more.

Decisions, Decisions.

I've run out of Xbox Live and used up any 14-day and 2-day trials I had lying around and I don't have the impetus to renew. Gears of War 4, Forza Horizon 3, and ReCore are all planned for PC purchases. My XBO is feeling redundant now without XBL to play Halo 5 and is about to be traded in and I can't figure out if I should put the money towards an Xbox One S or just hoof it with the Xbox app on Windows 10 until I see what Scorpio brings.

I've had a lot of fun with Halo 5. It's the best multiplayer suite in the entire series IMO and I wish to high heavens it was ported to PC already, but I'll never be able to grind out all the REQs like some of you have. I'm just playing too many other games and doing too many other things to justify having a console for only one game I can't fully play any more.

Decisions, Decisions.

What games are you going to play after the busy summer? Are you going to play bf1, tf2 or codiw as a fix for your fps itch?

;)

Jk youll get a halo fix when the win10 version of forge comes out and you do some customes with other pc folk. Unless you have no friends and youre a looooosssseerrrrrr!!!!!

Decisions, Decisions.

Might wanna wait till Gears 4 comes out if you care about Versus cause I have a feeling the population will die out on PC

What games are you going to play after the busy summer? Are you going to play bf1, tf2 or codiw as a fix for your fps itch?

;)

Jk youll get a halo fix when the win10 version of forge comes out and you do some customes with other pc folk. Unless you have no friends and youre a looooosssseerrrrrr!!!!!

Titanfall 2 and Battlefield 1 will do and I'll definitely be in for the HaloPCGAF's games on Forge for Windows 10.

Might wanna wait till Gears 4 comes out if you care about Versus cause I have a feeling the population will die out on PC

My versus record in Gears 3 was abysmal. Y'all would blush in shame. Horde is where I spent 98% of my multiplayer time in the game and it'll be the same in Gears 4. The only two series I could ever get into serious competitive multiplayer is Halo and Battlefield.

Sai

Really wish I could have the choice to only match up with other randoms.

On the bright side, all the parties I was matched up with(including one the game was nice enough to pit me against three times in a row) didn't grief us, and destroyed the core ASAP.

Still a mood killer though.

im old school with rts and wish halo wars 2 kind of had that management system in like wc3. ;)

Wc3 will always have my heart when it comes to rts. Sc2 was fun for a lil while but.. Idk... Didnt feel as fun as brood war times. :'(

Those grunt and peasent lines man... "Okay then" " work work work" lol...

Edit:

Anyone gonna be on in a couple+ hours? Maybe join up for some quick assault and firefight games??

The Flash

Banned
Got a link to the descriptions?

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/halo-wars-2-new-character-images-and-details-revea/1100-6442098/?ftag=GSS-05-10aaa0b

Description: In the chaotic last days of the Covenant, the Shipmaster found himself grappling with betrayal by his former Covenant leaders and no clear path forward as all Covenant beliefs had been forcibly cast aside. The one constant of his command, however, was his obligation to his crew and to keep that crew together and alive.

With a powerful Carrier and that crew of veteran fighters at his command, the Shipmaster was soon noticed by Atriox who offered to fuel the ship and supply the crew in exchange for the Shipmaster's unquestioning loyalty. This arrangement was deeply unpleasant for the Shipmaster, especially since Elites were used to lording over the Brutes during the time of the Covenant, but in the new order of the galaxy serving as a mercenary for Atriox was the only viable option.

The name of the Shipmaster's carrier is the Enduring Conviction, a name which Atriox frequently points out is particularly ill-suited for its sellsword captain. All such jokes aside, however, Atriox knows he has a powerful tool for warfare in the Shipmaster and in the fleets of Banshee fighters and platoons of veteran Elite soldiers the Shipmaster commands.

Why he fights: A captain can sacrifice everything if it means keeping his crew alive.

The Return

Trup1aya

I just had 107 kills in FF.
The second place player had 53.
The third place player had 28.

I don't say this to brag. But what the fuck was everyone else doing? I literally carried my team throught each objective... We nearly failed the very first one, because I was fighting the Covert Elites by myself... We lost because I couldn't defend the garage, by myself...

I Haven't won a game all night because I've been playing with idiots.

Halo Wars 2 story look great.
I really appreciate that the cutscene visual style is consistent with what we see in the mainline games.

It got frantic and I missed the word suggestions. But I did ask if there was MP in Halo Wars 2 to keep it real.
This shall live in infamy

Fuchsdh

Halo Wars 2 story look great.
I really appreciate that the cutscene visual style is consistent with what we see in the mainline games.

This shall live in infamy
Closer than the original was, actually, although them coming off Halo 2 Anniversary is probably the major reason (the Elite is 100% based on those assets.)

Akai__

Penta Septic playing in the EU regalations and I had the fortune to play against him during his off time. This matchmaking sometimes...

1st match in Slayer today was also against Champions. Great stuff.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Penta Septic playing in the EU regalations and I had the fortune to play against him during his off time. This matchmaking sometimes...

1st match in Slayer today was also against Champions. Great stuff.

when getting gud goes wrong. git betta?

And if a gold or plat group up with a champ or onyx. Have the defaulted mmr match them against ppl in onyx or champ. Not other plat or gold or even diamonds.

It was their choice to team up, not the ppl they are put up against.

Reaalllly hate it when at the end of a match when i view the stats i see a onyx player paired up with some plat and gold players. Of course they won.

Rank has a little reflection of true skill when it comes to folks in high onyx and champ. Imo.

Played a bit today. Where are the proper BTB maps? There are some real stinking fucking turds in the BTB rotation.

They're all forged maps. It's no secret that Warzone is the prime attraction for large-scale Halo games in 343's eyes. Not that that's a bad thing, but it's unfortunate that BTB got the short end of the stick as a result.

It's pointless to ask for BTB pistol starts when the bulk of Halowaypoint forum posts and Twitch stream chatter is demanding BR starts in Arena.

At best, we're staying status quo. Which is fine.

Top Bottom