• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Man. Idk if i should really be in the plat 5 - diamond 3 placement. Maybe lower. Idk... But when i face plat 1-4 i rub their face into dirt.

I don't know. I dont know. I dont know maaann...

I also hate it when i die from ARs lol.
Me too. That and being assassinated. I always get assassinated when for some reason there is not a single teammate around to help me out, or my teammates are completely oblivious to what is happening.

Anyway, I'm glad people like the weapon balance in halo 5, but certain weapons man...

Madness

I was being optimistic. Will any team get close to CLG? They're just on some other level.

No. Royal2 and Snakebite are probably the top two players right now. Coupled with Frosty and Lethul you have a team that is just too good. Anyone is beatable and we saw when CLG is off EG beat them, Denial made them lose a few slayer. I think EG is probably their biggest challenge and the new Enigma6 team with Bubu, Huke and Cratos could be solid. Otherwise CLG is going to clean up in Pro League I think.

BraXzy

No. Royal2 and Snakebite are probably the top two players right now. Coupled with Frosty and Lethul you have a team that is just too good. Anyone is beatable and we saw when CLG is off EG beat them, Denial made them lose a few slayer. I think EG is probably their biggest challenge and the new Enigma6 team with Bubu, Huke and Cratos could be solid. Otherwise CLG is going to clean up in Pro League I think.

Yeah you're probably right. EG can definitely hold their own at times. They didn't show up at Worlds, but I think that was partly also down to the single elimination. Either way, I'm looking forward to the league and the hype :D

EYEL1NER

When is Firefight beta?
Your guess is as good as anyone else's at this point. It would be nice if it was as early in the day as possible, so that any issues with servers or other problems could maybe be ironed out by the evening when people are getting home from work/school.
I planned in playing it as soon as it went live tomorrow, assuming it would happen early, but it seems like more and more stuff is popping up on my schedule. My first grader has a poetry reading in her class that I am gonna go see, earlier I bought some front row tix for Frozen on Ice tomorrow night, I've got some medical stuff with my pregnant wife early Friday morn, after that there is an awards presentation in my daughter's class, and after that I'll need to be by the phone to get the results of a major surgery my mother is undergoing. I imagine that I'll have to play at my normal times, late af in the night, and just be tired all day like normal.

Velcoro

EG can definitely make a run for CLG when they play well we've seen it at xgames. CLG is just the perfect team at this point.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
You ever just watch a slow train wreck? Just had a game where we lost with 993 points. We had been behind the entire game. We finally got an opening and took spire then got warden, but we were still 150 points behind. Fortunately our guys played smart and defensively on the hill with long range weapons and explosives and we caught back up and even passed their score for a little bit, but then the lust to take over the armory we were farming them out of took over and they ran in to take it, and from trying to defend their position in there our guys died too fast and they outpaced us at the very end. Potential amazing comeback thrown under the bus for an armory.

Your guess is as good as anyone else's at this point. It would be nice if it was as early in the day as possible, so that any issues with servers or other problems could maybe be ironed out by the evening when people are getting home from work/school.
I planned in playing it as soon as it went live tomorrow, assuming it would happen early, but it seems like more and more stuff is popping up on my schedule. My first grader has a poetry reading in her class that I am gonna go see, earlier I bought some front row tix for Frozen on Ice tomorrow night, I've got some medical stuff with my pregnant wife early Friday morn, after that there is an awards presentation in my daughter's class, and after that I'll need to be by the phone to get the results of a major surgery my mother is undergoing. I imagine that I'll have to play at my normal times, late af in the night, and just be tired all day like normal.
So TL;DR: I can't play it at all :)

Dice

Guys I actually feel really bad about this one.

I dunno, shit was just crazy coming from our armory and there was a tank out there so I decided to take the long way around and I guess Jesus took the wheel because this happened. Looking at the stats it seems this guy was having a really bad game and doesn't play WZ much anyway, and if he checks theater to see why I was even there he'll have no explanation. He just got warzoned is all, and insta-lost a fucking mantis.

anigif_enhanced-14434-1397503694-2.gif

Is the Beta of Warzone Firefight live yet?

EYEL1NER

So TL;DR: I can't play it at all :)
Oh, I'll find time. I know that at least if I play late into the morning, people on the West Coast will still be on. That's pretty much the only good thing about a sleep disorder is that if you feel like shit whether you get two hours of sleep or ten hours of sleep, there isn't really any incentive to get a longer amount of sleep. It allows plenty more time to get stuff done.
Seems like there are more than a couple people that I saw as being online right now while I was doing my dailies.
Ha! He had to be feeling pretty shitty after that but I started laughing as I watched knowing that he must have been raging so hard when it happened.
anigif_enhanced-14434-1397503694-2.gif

Is the Beta of Warzone Firefight live yet?
I just shut my console off and it wasn't up.

Oh, I'll find time. I know that at least if I play late into the morning, people on the West Coast will still be on. That's pretty much the only good thing about a sleep disorder is that if you feel like shit whether you get two hours of sleep or ten hours of sleep, there isn't really any incentive to get a longer amount of sleep. It allows plenty more time to get stuff done.
Seems like there are more than a couple people that I saw as being online right now while I was doing my dailies.
Ha! He had to be feeling pretty shitty after that but I started laughing as I watched knowing that he must have been raging so hard when it happened.

I just shut my console off and it wasn't up.

All right thanks :(

jfoul

Dark Souls III has it's hooks in me, but I'll be on for Firefight beta. I'm guessing we don't have an official time when FF is going live.

My "Halo Journal" for tonight:

Never saw this before. What the fuck is wrong with this build of H5 and why did a delay not make sure it was stable. We had our games straight up crash as well tonight.

Screenshot-Original.png

On the plus side, got a bunch of sweet clips and games tonight. Got a perfection (!) in BTB on Boulevard:

Screenshot-Original.png

Included in that game is something like 15 shotgun kills. Not kidding. Includes this sweet overkill.

This poor guy never stood a chance lol!

Doing my part for the Spartan Company :)

What's that? You wanted another overkill? OK!

Last second Snipeltaneous to end the game.

And, finally, probably the best clip of the night, a quick double kill, flag grab+run, and yet another overkill to defend TCKaos as he ran it home!

Trup1aya

Me too. That and being assassinated. I always get assassinated when for some reason there is not a single teammate around to help me out, or my teammates are completely oblivious to what is happening.

Anyway, I'm glad people like the weapon balance in halo 5, but certain weapons man...

The only time it makes any sort of sense to assassinate someone, is when you catch them unaware of your presence, and without back up.

It sounds like those are the times when it happens to you.

Strider

Warden Eternal coming through with the clutch Killtac assists :p Link

Also had this nice little shotgun spree too: Link. The awareness of that last guy lol

Skirmish is probably the best WZ map tbh... Really really like it.

You know what, Ram has actually impressed me with his nerd ethic.

So I made him leader.

Treat him as badly as you have treated me my fellow company men.

#NoDaysOff

Dice

Maybe I should save up a bit and get a gold pack before it launches just to celebrate and maybe get a cool legendary. Now that I have my scoped BR it'd be nice to have a cool looking pistol skin.

I turned off the comms lady's voice and it's really nice. I don't know if it was her voice or the shitty "radio" effects they put on it or when she went from informing you of events to telling you what to do, but she was really annoying.

link1201

Maybe I should save up a bit and get a gold pack before it launches just to celebrate and maybe get a cool legendary. Now that I have my scoped BR it'd be nice to have a cool looking pistol skin.

I turned off the comms lady's voice and it's really nice. I don't know if it was her voice or the shitty "radio" effects they put on it or when she went from informing you of events to telling you what to do, but she was really annoying.
I don't like her voice either but I did like the greater frequency of Spartan chatter the beta had. I wish you could toggle that too.

BraXzy

You know what, Ram has actually impressed me with his nerd ethic.

So I made him leader.

Treat him as badly as you have treated me my fellow company men.

#NoDaysOff

In before we all get booted a day away from getting Achilles and Ram auctions SC spaces off to the highest bidder :'D

Top Bottom