• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Gwyn

wow played 1 game and its like playing campaign on easy lol

edit: maybe adjust the difficulty to be something like heroic on campaign and reduce the players from 8 to 6. Ofcourse it's too early to judge based on 1 game :p

I was able to get a game. I was playing solo and got 7 randoms who of course wouldn't talk. Lost in round 3 during the defend the garage objective. The first 2 rounds were easy. That defend the garage is tough though. So many Promethans in the garage is crazy. Got over 1800 RP for losing in round 3 so that's pretty nice.

Gwyn

They hit much harder than that.

Yea that's true but it felt really easy and i played with randoms. Game lasted 11 minutes
I have to add that i only used 1 railgun and a ultra rare fuel rod while teamates had 2 tanks and 1 wraith from what i remember

Strider

I wonder if difficulty is based on reqs owned and not reqs used?

Watching Zeezbruh for a round and it looked like it'd be hard as fuck lol They lost and I'm sure that was an entire group of good players.

Meanwhile other people are saying it's really easy....?

Nowise10

wow played 1 game and its like playing campaign on easy lol

edit: maybe adjust the difficulty to be something like heroic on campaign and reduce the players from 8 to 6. Ofcourse it's too early to judge based on 1 game :p

Yeah we had minutes to spare in every wave. Didn't feel challenging in the slightest

I wonder if difficulty is based on reqs owned and not reqs used?

Watching Zeezbruh for a round and it looked like it'd be hard as fuck lol They lost and I'm sure that was an entire group of good players.

Meanwhile other people are saying it's really easy....?

Literally 4 knights, 6 soldiers and 10 crawlers in the base lol.

Sai

Heh... Great time for the servers to start acting up. Can't get a game going.

I guess I'll check back later this afternoon.

Ryde3

I was about to thank whoever posted their twitch link 'DiabUK' but the post is gone? haha... watching while at work.

Does Firefight have matchmaking?

Edit: it does.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Made it down to just Mythic Warden and the server crashed, now can't connect to a game again. I think I'm going to be moderate with REQ use until I can finish games.

I love that all the Spartans have their custom colors it looks great
Yeah, it's cool. Although, some guys like to make their spartans same colors as promethean soldiers and it can get visually confused in a big crowd.

My group of randoms got destroyed on round 3.

My group of randoms only ran out of time at the last boss, was about half health when the timer was up. Too bad.

It's fun, but it doesn't have the "hunker down and try to survive"-feel of Firefight. I hope they add in a variation that's a bit more like that.

Dice

Yeah the second match I played went much better than the first. I think the difficulty is right for randoms but it should have some way to detect parties and bump it up a bit.

Firefight beta drops.
All of XBL crashes.
RIP.

Akai__

LMAO. I was online with an other account wondering why all my REQ's are gone. Luckily, I was not being able to connect to a game, because that would have been pretty bad.

Would be easy if all knew:
1) Saws
2) Focus the Phaeton quickly
3) BRs suck vs knights
4) Do not attempt to melee knights

Lol funny did none of those thing in defending and got destroyed. Will note this next time. Though I don't think anybody was prepared for defending cause everybody was outside and then like 30 prometheans were in the base after a couple seconds.

Second group did it faster, 13 minutes this time, but we only had 40 seconds left at the end to spare.

It's pretty fun though and it's great for doing commendations.

Dice

Second group did it faster, 13 minutes this time, but we only had 40 seconds left at the end to spare.

It's pretty fun though and it's great for doing commendations.
Your servers are up? Luckyyyyy.

In one of my games I assassinated a walker. Rode on its back and broke it's neck. Didn't even know you could do that.

Dice

This is what I was worried about. Firefight is supposed to be a survival mode. This feels more like a "complete challenges" mode.
I laughed at a challenge where you shoot down 4 banshees. They didn't even attack us because they got hurt so bad so quickly they tried to flee to the edge of the map.

Would be easy if all knew:
1) Saws
2) Focus the Phaeton quickly
3) BRs suck vs knights
4) Do not attempt to melee knights
BRs don't suck against knights though. Shoot the weak spots (orange glowing bits, the chinks in the armor) and then headshot when it does the scream animation.

jem0208

It's quite fun but so far has been way too easy.

I honestly think I would prefer just a standard Firefight mode, start us in the Garage and send waves of enemies.

They definitely need to include skull modifiers too.

This is a lot of fun but I think it should have 3 difficulty modes, Normal, Heroic and Legendary. Also there should be a Firefight Classic mode that is just a survive for as long as you can mode. Maybe to counter the potential huge amount of REQ points you would gain, to enter this playlist you would need to spend some REQ points?

Dice

BRs don't suck against knights though. Shoot the weak spots (orange glowing bits, the chinks in the armor) and then headshot when it does the scream animation.
In my experience it takes much longer with a BR than doing the same with an SMG or AR, and I see people missing the weak spot with BRs all the time.

Glass

LOVE the music from the OST used during the intermission.

Holy shit at how many enemies there are at once, this was the best shot I could get. Going to go nuts in theatre mode with this thing.

Screenshot-Original.png

Fuchsdh

I'm sure they're holding the beta to get some impressions on things to tweak like difficulty and the like, but sorry, if you were hoping for classic Survival Firefight I don't think we're going to get it. It's called Warzone Firefight for a reason, and the time attack-based setup is far more forgiving for a matchmaking scenario. The problem with Firefight is that it is utterly unredeemable with randoms, and that's a hard sell from a resources standpoint.

BraXzy

I'm sure they're holding the beta to get some impressions on things to tweak like difficulty and the like, but sorry, if you were hoping for classic Survival Firefight I don't think we're going to get it. It's called Warzone Firefight for a reason, and the time attack-based setup is far more forgiving for a matchmaking scenario. The problem with Firefight is that it is utterly unredeemable with randoms, and that's a hard sell from a resources standpoint.

I'd take a non-matchmaking multi co-op version of regular Warzone with this in matchmaking to sell those REQs.

Just lost cause Watchers healed the mythic Warden a couple of times. It had just a tiny bit of health and then full health with 30 seconds left. Heartbreaking..

So far I'm really enjoying Warzone Firefight my only complains is that I really find it very easy and that the game should last more like 5 rounds more, oh and I like that idea about the Skulls

The problem with Firefight is that it is utterly unredeemable with randoms, and that's a hard sell from a resources standpoint.

Could say the same about most of the PvP playlists if my recent experiences are anything to go by. Tis a good point you make though, ODST style firefight will likely never return.

Decent mode, cant wait to see where they take it for Halo 6. I don't think its going to evolve to anything more than AI on Warzone maps with some generic objectives.

Ramirez

Yea, you're not going to get survival mode with matchmaking. The troll factor is too high.

Wouldn't mind a scoring variant or something.

EYEL1NER

Bout to try it out. Looked at that Mythic REQ bundle for all of one second before I said nope. Not that I have the REQ points to get one, but probably could hit that number before the beta is over. But hell, that is 16 Silver packs. I guess those Mythic weapons would be good for WZ Firefight but I probably wouldn't end up using them in that, especially if I didn't have the accompanying certs and wouldn't get another for a while for the majority of what I unlocked.

343 can add an objective that is basically a survival objective, but 343 would probably have to change the respawning mechanic. Is the failing condition only the time running out?

EYEL1NER

Spamming this all weekend!

It's fun.
The xp and req are good.
Going to finish a ton of commendations.
Hell yeah. My soldier and crawler commendations jumped up a ton and I netted 1800 REQ points even though my team lost on Wave 3 when the garage fell. This is my game for the weekend (minus quick games of Griball and WZ Assault for my dailies).

Top Bottom