• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Vico

Finishing my exams tomorrow. I'll be all over that Firefight and that mythic req pack (assuming we can buy it with req points) this weekend.
OOHHHHH

mNQrMtz.gif

lol, makes me realise I still never got to play on Scavenger since the community maps were added. It's like Guillotine at launch all over again.

I just realized, it'd be a terrifying prospect for Warzone Firefight if they had a variant where it was more like standard ODST with survival as the only objective, but the enemy AI could capture bases and actively tried to do so during and between rounds. That on its own seems pretty straightforward, but the big catch would be that your home base doesn't have REQ stations and you can only use your loadout weapons on respawns - no summoning mythic incineration cannons as soon as your spawn - so you'd have to capture bases in order to actually utilize your REQ weaponry.

Anyone have info on how the req levels will work in firefight? everything unlocked from the get-go or will you get certain levels as you complete each match??

Akai__

Will Warzone firefight beta count toward commendations?

If so get to grinding lackeys.

Yup, they will. Confirmed on stream.

I also just checked Waypoint and they already updated the medals, as there already is a medal for killing a Mythic Boss, which is the tier above Legendary. Would expect more medals, commendations and even Achievements, once the full mode launches.

Yup, they will. Confirmed on stream.

I also just checked Waypoint and they already updated the medals, as there already is a medal for killing a Mythic Boss, which is the tier above Legendary. Would expect more medals, commendations and even Achievements, once the full mode launches.

idk, there still isnt a gravity hammer or anything with griffball commodation

Akai__

Mythic REQ pack is live. Any time now. :O

80.000 RP or 9,99$.

idk, there still isnt a gravity hammer or anything with griffball commodation

I know you are right, but it all depends on the feedback. If enough people ask for those, I'm sure 343i will add them.

Vico

Mythic REQ pack is live. Any time now. :O

80.000 RP or 9,99$.

I know you are right, but it all depends on the feedback. If enough people ask for those, I'm sure 343i will add them.

80K?
They're always exaggerating on the in-game prices of limited packs.

Strider

Since I have all the req certs unlocked I can essentially buy ~19 gold packs for the same amount of req points as the mythic pack lol (assuming it's a 5k refund inthe mythic pack for the lack of unlocked cert).

Not worth.

Edit: Oh so it's apparently 20k back if you have all certs. I could still buy 15 gold packs for that amount of RP tho sooooo... still not worth lol

Yeah 80 thousand for 10 single use mythical and one vehicle certification is a ripoff. Maybe half but not 80 thousand. Couldn't read for a second and thought it was ten mythic reqs certifications and would of found that to be a great deal.

Ade

New pack gives 20,000RP back if you have everything unlocked.

Tbh Goldpacks costing me 4k a piece is a much better deal.

Strider

But yea in the past I always said either buy the limited time packs with $ or not at all but straight up this pack isn't worth the $ or RP.

Here's a video of a pack opening if you guys wanna see what to expect: Link

Akai__

You better start saving up for HCS Team Skins. Giving the trend, those will most likely also be 80.000 RP.

And then you won't even have guaranteed unlocks and/or will have to buy multiple packs, like it was the case with the last cosmetic one.

You've said this before...

giphy.gif

Don't you worry. I will make an Xbox Clip for you to watch. or should i make a long video of me opening them ALL!? jk

aww yisss...

Why stop there? Go for the $30 bundle, it'll still only be a drop in the gold pack bucket.

IDK man. Maybe something else when a cool promotion pack comes out.

so far i've bought the first HCS pack , and the Arena pack when it was on sale. i need milestones or something :p

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
HAAAAAAA!! So I got that celebratory gold pack.

The contents:
Uncommon armor
Uncommon helmet
2 Whiplash
2 Tundra Warthog
2 Damage Boost I
2 Overshield I
Hailstorm
Tundra Gungoose
Plasma Caster
Rare Arena RP Boost
Uncommon Random Vehicle

Never get gold before silvers are done.

link1201

HAAAAAAA!! So I got that celebratory gold pack.

The contents:
Uncommon armor
Uncommon helmet
2 Whiplash
2 Tundra Warthog
2 Damage Boost I
2 Overshield I
Hailstorm
Tundra Gungoose
Plasma Caster
Rare Arena RP Boost
Uncommon Random Vehicle

Never get gold before silvers are done.
I wasted my weekly wz packs in a similar fashion.

Strider

Watching a couple streams... The amount of enemies is kinda nuts actually.

Seeing teams lose in round 2 or 3 as well... I didn't watch the halo stream the other day but people said it was easy looking? That's not the vibe I've gotten so far lol

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Got wrecked on 3rd wave. Should have brought out bigger guns or a vehicle.

Now it seems dedicated servers are crashed or just full, lol.

I think I'm going to spam the new req pack. It's a guaranteed way to get good reqs and there is no update this month. So there is plenty of time to grind the points back.

Top Bottom