• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Cranster

Banned
Sorry, but the Spartan charge isn't that bad, if you keep getting caught you need to get better at avoiding it.

Be aware, watch your radar, most of the time you see it coming then it's time to react.
Thrust out of the way, either to the side or jumping back thrust.

Avoid it and you have the advantage.

If you don't avoid it make sure you get a melee in yourself as it does the same damage, if they are weak (shoot them as they sprint at you) you will get the kill, if they aren't weak its a matter of beating them to the no shield kill.

A charger cannot shoot on approach and their action is predictable, plus they can easily miss heir target... All this for standard melee damage.

I'm not a good player, but I eat chargers for breakfast man.
The motion tracker's range in Halo 5 is too small for it to give you a heads up on someone using Spartan Charge. From personal experience by the time they appear on the motion tracker they are usually well within range to use Spartan Charge.

Holy fak this new WyvernZu map, Infinity Siege.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZvPe0uS6M8

Set in space, you need to take down shields and enter the other teams ship to destroy their core. She's even used scorpion tanks welded into the side of ships acting as turrets. So good.
Just another awesome map/gametype that many will likely never get to experience.

Halo 6 desperately needs a custom games browser. It could do a lot for this franchise.

"Is the Halo franchise Irrelevant now ?"

Why does Gaming Side hate Halo so much? every time I go there is always hate towards Halo, I joined NeoGAF on September of last year has it always been like this?

E92 M3

Why does Gaming Side hate Halo so much? every time I go there is always hate towards Halo, I joined NeoGAF on September of last year has it always been like this?

A lot of people (including myself) were scammed with MCC

IHaveIce

Banned

Don't give a fuck about gaming side. Gaming side are so disconnected from nowadays real gaming culture as it gets.

All huge Esports events are barely talked about here except for the International because this forum sucks Valve's dick eventhough they have mroe viewers than ever and bigger prize money.

And they always were talking this way about Halo

Don't give a fuck about gaming side. Gaming side are so disconnected from nowadays real gaming culture as it gets.

All huge Esports events are barely talked about here except for the International because this forum sucks Valve's dick eventhough they have mroe viewers than ever and bigger prize money.

And they always were talking this way about Halo
Yeah we have to keep in mind that the main demographic of people on neogaf are old dudes who only want to unwind after work and play narrative-driven single player games.

Ain't nobody on gaming side got time to invest in mp games

Reputation. Halo 4 disappointed a lot of people, the Master Chief Collection was and is still a broken product, and Halo 5 feels like a whole different game to some people. Fans who have understandably left the franchise because of these factors may not pay attention to how it's performing.

You guys are talking about your wifes and children and I'm just here
trying to get a gf
playing Halo 5 lol
I got matched with a girl on tinder who was a big Halo fan and collected Halo merch.
They're out there ;)

Unfortunately our schedules didn't mesh so it didn't work out.

*shrug*

Huge potential with Forge in this game, not being harnessed. In lieu of real monthly content updates now, there should be 'map packs' of the best new forge maps integrated into different playlists. Also put Infection and Grifball on an alternating schedule and use the playlist spot it frees up for action sack. Tired of 2007 gametypes being the 'wacky' staple when there's so much variety and ingenuity going on in the forge community now.

I got matched with a girl on tinder who was a big Halo fan and collected Halo merch.
They're out there ;)

Unfortunately our schedules didn't mesh so it didn't work out.

*shrug*

A few months ago I also met a girl who is also a Halo fan but even if someone has the same hobbys and common interests as you it doesn't mean that you 2 will end up together trust me it still hurts a little to me but the real feelings are more important than common interests, some of you told me that love is something that you can't measure on a list, I'm still trying to find that someone

Sorry, but the Spartan charge isn't that bad, if you keep getting caught you need to get better at avoiding it.

Be aware, watch your radar, most of the time you see it coming then it's time to react.
Thrust out of the way, either to the side or jumping back thrust.

Avoid it and you have the advantage.

If you don't avoid it make sure you get a melee in yourself as it does the same damage, if they are weak (shoot them as they sprint at you) you will get the kill, if they aren't weak its a matter of beating them to the no shield kill.

A charger cannot shoot on approach and their action is predictable, plus they can easily miss heir target... All this for standard melee damage.

I'm not a good player, but I eat chargers for breakfast man.

I know no one will agree with me or this lovely gent on this but I find it inoffensive as well. It adds to my movement abilities by giving me an extra thrust option and I can't tell you how many times I've personally missed even with the incredible aim assist. Shit I literally threw myself under someone on top mid of Riptide last night. A teammate (who generally hates SC) saw me almost get myself ninja'd due to that. As I told him even with the way I play and how often I run up, the success rate is still only around 50%. The times you guys will complain about are the successful attempts. You're not seeing all the times I've hit a wall and the knock back kept me in the line of fire longer than had I just sprinted away. Youre not seeing the guy two shot then melee me as I charge.

Sure the ability to turn as much as it is could be toned down but that's the only problem I really see with it. If the radar were the old 25M I doubt I'd ever see as many complaints. But sure it may need a slight adjustment, I just don't wanna see it go away. It's about time people that melee have more than just the same old double melee options.

BizzyBum

Halo Reach, Halo 4, and MCC happened. Halo 5 is a great game, but so many people don't even give it a chance because of the past three titles. Sucks but that's how people are nowadays.

Halo will never be as popular as "the golden age" which was Halo 1-3.

Holy fak this new WyvernZu map, Infinity Siege.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZvPe0uS6M8

Set in space, you need to take down shields and enter the other teams ship to destroy their core. She's even used scorpion tanks welded into the side of ships acting as turrets. So good.

Oh my. Super creative, fun and bloody well executed. Colour me very impressed. Download, done.

This needs to get into BTB like yesterday. Also a weekly update about it and a Grim treatment for some lore...go all out and support this Forge creation I say.

yeah speak up if you don't mind the Spartan charge, 343 read these these forums.

it's only single melee damage, even if you can't dodge it just make sure you get a smack in yourself... get some shots in as they sprint, melee when they reach you and you should get the kill (if you shot them enough initially), they will only kill you if you're already weak.

chargers are easy to spot, a sprinter will charge... they can't do anything else!

For the most part I have few problems with Spartan Charge, I think people reach terminal velocity too quickly though, people turn on a dime and charge.

yeah speak up if you don't mind the Spartan charge, 343 read these these forums.

Overall it doesn't bother me and I'm happy for it to stay basically as is. Occasionally a player or team on specific arena maps gets a bit annoying or your thrust dodge doesn't count due to latency but it's not game breaking like armour lock.

For the most part I have few problems with Spartan Charge, I think people reach terminal velocity too quickly though, people turn on a dime and charge.

See I've always had to do a wide circle when turning around otherwise I stop sprinting. And perhaps requiring a longer time running would be a fair way to balance it.

Bessy67

I love strongholds but man can your teammates make it frustrating. We have 2 bases and we're scoring, why are you all rushing to the 3rd?

Trup1aya

I love strongholds but man can your teammates make it frustrating. We have 2 bases and we're scoring, why are you all rushing to the 3rd?

There is value in getting a trip-cap but timing has to be good. If done right, you can force the enemy to all spawn away from each other, and keep picking them off before they can reorganize, all while scoring twice as fast.

The problem is silly people try to rush for the 3rd cap, without first getting 3-4 kills in a spawn cycle.

Trup1aya

it's only single melee damage, even if you can't dodge it just make sure you get a smack in yourself... get some shots in as they sprint, melee when they reach you and you should get the kill (if you shot them enough initially), they will only kill you if you're already weak.

chargers are easy to spot, a sprinter will charge... they can't do anything else!

It's single melee damage, but the person doing the Spartan charge gets to shoot first. So even if you get your melee, you'll probably still lose if your enemy has a decent shot.

I understand you don't have an issue with SC, but it's a skill less mechanic and leads to trashy behaviors. Good thing we have radar to balance it out a bit :kappa:

I know no one will agree with me or this lovely gent on this but I find it inoffensive as well. It adds to my movement abilities by giving me an extra thrust option and I can't tell you how many times I've personally missed even with the incredible aim assist. Shit I literally threw myself under someone on top mid of Riptide last night. A teammate (who generally hates SC) saw me almost get myself ninja'd due to that. As I told him even with the way I play and how often I run up, the success rate is still only around 50%. The times you guys will complain about are the successful attempts. You're not seeing all the times I've hit a wall and the knock back kept me in the line of fire longer than had I just sprinted away. Youre not seeing the guy two shot then melee me as I charge.

Sure the ability to turn as much as it is could be toned down but that's the only problem I really see with it. If the radar were the old 25M I doubt I'd ever see as many complaints. But sure it may need a slight adjustment, I just don't wanna see it go away. It's about time people that melee have more than just the same old double melee options.

You bring up some good points, and I don't really care to see it removed, just rebalanced. Reduce the magnetism, reduce the range (or maybe have damage drop off depending on how far into the thrust the connection was made) and I'd be a happy camper.

It definately adds to the movement options. I like the fact that it can be used as a thrust, for example.

This post made me laugh from the is Halo irrelevant thread...

Some truth to that. But can't imagine that going too well for most people. Also dumb that thread exist when one did a couple years ago. People are quick to shit on halo and is probably the one series that gets the most threads about how it's fallen so much since its golden days.

We get it, it has problems but why make a thread to start the shit fest? It almost seems like people are just waiting to say bad things about it.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
New nV is scrimming and they are pretty nasty.

nV vs. CLG next season is going to be so hype.

Can't wait. I listened to the latest Listen In podcast today and it was really good. Lethal and Snakebite were on it. The stories about Frosty were great.

TCKaos

Receipts for bolded? I've often had the opposite experience.

It is the opposite experience. The charger can't fire until the animation has finished and the camera has snapped back to first person while there is no time that the chargee is stopped from firing.

There is value in getting a trip-cap but timing has to be good. If done right, you can force the enemy to all spawn away from each other, and keep picking them off before they can reorganize, all while scoring twice as fast.

The problem is silly people try to rush for the 3rd cap, without first getting 3-4 kills in a spawn cycle.

Here's my thoughts on the subject from earlier in the thread:
The story of my life in fucking BIG TEAM STRONGHOLDS YOU FUCKS THERE'S ALMOST NO REASON TO TRIPLE CAP WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING

Like, go for two of them. Go for the easiest two to defend. It's not hard to figure out which two. Boulevard? Taxi and Red Bend. Fuck Blue, they can keep Blue. Standoff? Either base and mid. The map that's like Wreckage but good? Top whatever and the one almost right under it. Entombed? Red and Trench. Shit isn't fucking rocket science, randies.

"B-but senpai we need blue base for the triple c-"

FUCK THE TRIPLE CAP. If you run them out of Blue then they'll just spawn at Red and fucking steal it from right under our noses while we're defending whatever the neutral point is because NO ONE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND is going to fucking follow you to the other base because THEY KNOW that it'd flip the spawns. You fucking idiots. It's infinitely worse on aysmmetrical maps like Entombed and Boulevard because if they cap Red Bend on either of them then they have infinitely easier access to Taxi/Trench, which is infinitely harder to defend from Blue. So if a randy goes for the triple cap then there's a 75-90% chance that they'll get the script flipped on them in such a way as to GIVE THE ENEMY TEAM A TRIPLE CAP. ONE GUY can fuck it up for the entire team almost instantly and infinitely because they and they alone get greedy.

It's happened to us more than once in a full party of moderately semi-competent players.

And while I'm here fuck all of you people that don't go for Monument either ironically or out of incompetence. Seriously what the fuck is wrong with you. I didn't know your opening gambit was to drop your pants and start lubing up so you can get fucked for 18 minutes.

It's single melee damage, but the person doing the Spartan charge gets to shoot first. So even if you get your melee, you'll probably still lose if your enemy has a decent shot.

I understand you don't have an issue with SC, but it's a skill less mechanic and leads to trashy behaviors. Good thing we have radar to balance it out a bit :kappa:

You bring up some good points, and I don't really care to see it removed, just rebalanced. Reduce the magnetism, reduce the range (or maybe have damage drop off depending on how far into the thrust the connection was made) and I'd be a happy camper.

It definately adds to the movement options. I like the fact that it can be used as a thrust, for example.

yeah I use it when getting from A to B (between slide boosts), or to make a longer jump without using my thrust (just in case).

i'm not so sure the charger gets the first shot when you melee, then still have to go through that funny animation before shooting.

anyway, I have 2 examples where I comfortably kill chargers.

the first is probably the safest way to avoid being hit, thrust back and they don't get close.
as you can see it's predictable because he's sprinting, I was ready it.
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Blood GuIch/video/20352457

the next is one where I didn't have as much time to react as he comes from around the corner, but I smacked that bitch because I got a couple of shots in... sit down Matty Bix! (he's a mate from way back).
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Blood GuIch/video/20352694

I don't want 343 to nerf it, I want people to use it because it's usually goes in my favour :)

Top Bottom