• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Anyone here noticing any weird spikes while playing halo 5 online. I haven't been able to play halo 5 as much as I like lately because everything single time I try to play anything in halo 5 online after a few matches my latency skyrockets to a really high number and it's impossible to even shoot enemy players or move anywere.

Yes. The servers have been wonky for me these past couple of days. I don't think it's my connection because I've seen pro players complain about nade delay, shots not registering and players skipping around.

Trup1aya

Dude. It was literally like 3 hours after asking if you had any evidence. Then another 30 minutes after you mentioned what sounded like potentially available "frame data". You made it sound like someone had already done some analysis or whatever in favor of your side of the argument. How was I or anyone else supposed to know you were talking about getting new footage on the spot in the middle of the discussion? All while continuing to flat out insist that I and others were just plain wrong (again, without evidence or reason in your favor)? Give me a goddamn break and get over it.

Unless you've got something to actually show or point to for the topic of the discussion (SC), I'm sorry but I don't see how a colloquialism that accurately described the state of affairs is a big deal, and I'm done with this conversation. If you really really want to keep going on that point, put it in PMs.

You're wierd bro. Prior to you asking for receipts and then calling me a liar, I had no idea that anyone's experience with Spartan charge was different from my own.... It was 2:46AM when I said I would find something (there are YouTubers who have done analysis on just about everything in the game) It was 3:18AM when you said I was talking out of my ass.

I was speaking from my experience just as you were speaking from yours. I've already said I've been able to reproduce your experience since then. I think people should be able to converse about a game without being insulting, that's all. Always have this issue with you it seems.

Anyway, in light of existing footage that it IS possible to shoot after getting Spartan charged, it's clear how the mechanic is SUPPOSED to work. But it's impossible to use a video as evidence that someone is unable to. So you'll either have to accept that some people have this issue, or continue to assume they are making it up w/o motive.

mo60

Yes. The servers have been wonky for me these past couple of days. I don't think it's my connection because I've seen pro players complain about nade delay, shots not registering and players skipping around.

When I notice the lag spikes my latency spikes to like over 150ms or even over 1000ms sometimes which is weird.This is not the only game I have issues with playing online now.

Welfare

2 times today my controller loses sync to the Xbox and then Halo 5 kicks me from the game because I got disconnected form the "local network".

Karl2177

Don't get pecked.
Let's rewind the tapes... or should we let the Scanner helmet do that for us?

LQMnC.png

Halo 3 Scout might be the ugliest helmet of all time.

Halo 3 Scout is ugly, don't get me wrong. But it is nowhere near the top of the ugly chain. The only thing that can get us to that level is an elevator button plastered on the front of a helmet. Luckily we have just the thing.

RxQipZV.jpg

Oh hello Halo GAF.

Long time... Just got the XBOX One S last week and finished Halo 5 today.

Might sink my teeth into some of the multiplayer tomorrow.

Which Halo would this one be closest to in regards to previous multiplayer?

I'm assuming all the lovely Load outs are gone?

Seeker looks like a space-age Kuerig machine, but not space-age in the futuristic sense, space-age as in launched into space in hopes of inflicting its ageless horrors on another race.

The Kuerig from hell wins all the awards.

Which clip did you see, the on Overgrowth, Coliseum, Riptide, or one of the non-SWAT ones? To me the fact that it's happened that much says that there's some kind of technical problem (likely with how much delay can a user have on an ability that the game will still register it) with it that could be remedied. I have my personal "balances" to it, but those are whatever. Not like they'll be seen by anyone who can make a difference.
The one I remember was on riptide I think. You had already killed the guy and started walking away then suddenly the SC noise happened and you died and the game called it a trade.

Trup1aya

Oh hello Halo GAF.

Loadouts are gone... In the 4v4 mode

I'd say it feels most like H2, but they've incorporated some principles and/or features from each game.

Oh hello Halo GAF.

There is no Halo that play quite like 5, and yes loadouts are gone from Arena, in Warzone you can use customized weapons.

Oh hello Halo GAF.

I'd say halo 2 in regard to even starts, map control and power weapon control.

But team work seems to matter more in this game vs h2. In h2 one person could carry very easily imo.

Oh and get used to seeing crouch strafing and spartan charging a lot.

Love this mp.

Nowise10

Watching the Halo Wars 2 Vidoc again. Bungie made Brutes looks like childsplay compared to what 343 designed, especially the Brutes in Halo:Reach.

I would 100% prefer fighting the Brutes 343 designed with Halo Wars 2 in Halo 6, rather then Prometheans. They look soooo damn good.

Cranster

Banned
Watching the Halo Wars 2 Vidoc again. Bungie made Brutes looks like childsplay compared to what 343 designed, especially the Brutes in Halo:Reach.

I would 100% prefer fighting the Brutes 343 designed with Halo Wars 2 in Halo 6, rather then Prometheans. They look soooo damn good.
I like how they kind of went back to the Halo 2 Brute style which imo was the superior design as they were not budget Elites.
resizedimage638358-h2-004-39798a436eba4f77bf17cf998b49e3.jpg

Defect

I'm starting to really hate the thruster. It's incredibly annoying when you make someone one shot then they immediately thrust into cover...

I'm starting to really hate the thruster. It's incredibly annoying when you make someone one shot then they immediately thrust into cover...

That's the idea, though; it's an evasive maneuver. You can throw a grenade or spray at someone when they're exposed (or simply a ways from cover) to coax them into burning it earlier in a fight.

FyreWulff

Several still.

Also back to Halo 5, when you watch the Pro league the new mechanics are so great in the competitive scene.

I want to say I have two.

There you go. Told ya I knew you'd know what I meant.

Ayy

Yeah. I still have those Bungie vs the world maps that you wanted also.

Two here, but only have Halo Reach and 4 with me (ouch).

I have two 360s in my household. One broke, the other functions but isn't really mine (siblings')

I have 2.

I don't want to play on your forge maps just to be clear. No cragmire

Check your P---

Okay, sending out individual PMs on GAF is painful, so just quote this post to get the link for the beta test:

You can share this link privately with other people, but it's not ready for general public consumption yet. the phases will be forums testers semi-private -> post to twitter and forums publically -> public release so that's why i'm just doing the email quote thing.

You can give me feedback in-thread or via PM, whichever you prefer.

Trup1aya

Thruster is just "turtling" 2.0.

My favorite thing to do is nade their would be cover so that they thrust away from it, then I've got 4 secs to shoot them before they can thrust again.

Leyasu

Banned
Don't give a fuck about gaming side. Gaming side are so disconnected from nowadays real gaming culture as it gets.

All huge Esports events are barely talked about here except for the International because this forum sucks Valve's dick eventhough they have mroe viewers than ever and bigger prize money.

And they always were talking this way about Halo

Gaming side is like a console "cold war" that doesn't go hot because people are too scared of the mods. I find myself posting less and less nowadays.

I wish Brutes and Drones would be in Halo 6. I highly doubt they will be though.

Brutes, yes.
Drones, no.

I want the flood back, taking over AI and fighting Cortana while you go on a poncho chief mission to find the guardians who did not obey cortana.

ALL OUT WAR of The Created vs Infinity & co vs The Flood.

It'll make a nice transition to Halo Wars 3. lol UNSC vs Covi vs (forerunner) vs The Flood.

ALL OUT WAR of The Created vs Infinity & co. vs The Flood vs The Banished.

Fixed it for you. gotta have our covenant reps even if the covenant is gone.

Seriously, I hope Atriox and his group make it to Halo 6 and have them be our new covenant replacements, we really can't use the covenant in any form now after 5.

Offtopic but, Agent Locke got a career change and works for Marvel now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytkjQvSk2VA

The Flash

Banned
A Covenant-esque faction will be in Halo 6. Maybe even ones that are fighting for Cortana. The Unggoy homeworld has already sided with her.

On October 28, 2558, Cortana claimed the Mantle and broadcast an offer of peace and prosperity to many species of the galaxy. The Unggoy on Balaho responded favorably to this proposition, and in response, they were granted nearly limitless resources by the Created. Ships loaded with advanced technology arrived, along with agricultural support stations in orbit, awaiting eager workers to feed the desperate masses below. Under the new management, stability and a semblance of order were restored to Balaho, along with a newfound purpose. The planet's previously abandoned factories were activated once again, and with their immediate requirements—food, shelter, medicine—met, the planet's Unggoy designers and crafters began to work tirelessly to construct new machines and weaponry based on knowledge the Unggoy had secretly learned over their centuries under the Covenant's rule.

http://www.halopedia.org/Balaho

Yeah it can be pretty damn annoying, and the problem is exacerbated by solos vs teams. Get a few shots in, enemy thrusts/sprints away. And don't bother chasing whatsoever because radar.

It's not surprising this opinion is in the minority. I certainly don't want the thrust removed, rather I'd like the Pistol to receive a buff to a 4sk possibly or making the thrust delay shield recovery like sprint. Can't say for sure what I'd prefer, but I do acknowledge how frustrating and routine it can be.

EDIT:
I was watching lethul's stream and saw this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJyh7NIk4Pg

Never saw it before. I was dieing.
This is the result of having a subpar weapon sandbox for several years. People were hyped that you could actually use another weapon other than the BR/DMR. And you know what? The Ordnance Drops were cool af. They could have been interesting in Warzone.

The Flash

Banned
Deacon Pipap probably isn't even the strongest fuck they have. The UNSC is going to have to take those things out with fucking suborbital MAC blasts.

Space Pope Dipsfit is going to be brutal on Legendary.

You guys jest but I really do hope that the Grunt Mechs appear in Halo 6's campaign at some point.

:O
All glory to the Forge Team.

More Covenant weapons and vehicles in Firefight!?!

:(

A Covenant-esque faction will be in Halo 6. Maybe even ones that are fighting for Cortana. The Unggoy homeworld has already sided with her.

http://www.halopedia.org/Balaho

Please no, I'm soo sick of covenant esp. since we have a better looking enemies to fight.

Why does 343 think we want the covenant around still? Jul's storm covenant I can understand (barely) but no, thats reaching too far to have a cortana runned covenant.

Trup1aya

Please no, I'm soo sick of covenant esp. since we have a better looking enemies to fight.

Why does 343 think we want the covenant around still? Jul's storm covenant I can understand (barely) but no, thats reaching too far to have a cortana runned covenant.

IMO we have yet to get enemies that are more fun to fight than covies.

When they can implement something better, I'd be all for moving on. Until then, give me grunts, jackals, elites, and hunters

Sai

Hope we see Brutes and Skirmishers in the next game.

... Uh, I can understand preferring the Prometheans from an aesthetic perspective, but the vast majority of us still prefer fighting the species from The Covenant. Besides, even if she has all of those species allied with her, they probably won't be called The Covenant anymore.

The Prometheans are better than they were in 4, but I still consider them a flop. Wish we'd get human adversaries from ONI.

Ade

I'd expect the Banished to carry over from HW2, solving the 'no covenant' issues the main line currently has now Jul is dead.

Considering the end of halo 5...

Infinity is jumping around in the galaxy to avoid any type of communication with Cortana, in essense they are going dark. Going off the "GRID" so she can't detect where they are at. right?

Cheif, blue team and team osiris are sitting with Hasley, palmer and the Swords of Sanghelios on that planet.

Halo 6 better start out with some type of survival state of emergency. I really hope it starts right where 5 left off with the reunion. ....

I know we had a tease with Cortana and a Halo Ring, but there were also teases in vidocs of the AI (ronald) speaking with a 'nicer/lost?' cortana in a jungle environment. He was on a stationary data pad and she was walking through the bush, as if she heard him calling her.

So many questions. .. it excites me

I'm kind of expecting a Taken King situation where most of the enemies we've encountered in past games will either be "standard" e.g. possible Forerunner sentries, Covenant species that are independent / allied with humanity, etc. or they'll be Cortaken and glow blue and have new Created powers.

The Flash

Banned
I'm kind of expecting a Taken King situation where most of the enemies we've encountered in past games will either be "standard" e.g. possible Forerunner sentries, Covenant species that are independent / allied with humanity, etc. or they'll be Cortaken and glow blue and have new Created powers.

Or Reaper enemies in Mass Effect 3.

Imagine Grunt/Hunter hybrids!

Garbage post. Cannot take seriously. Prometheans look cool but they are a far cry from the Covenant in terms of gameplay.

... Uh, I can understand preferring the Prometheans from an aesthetic perspective, but the vast majority of us still prefer fighting the species from The Covenant. Besides, even if she has all of those species allied with her, they probably won't be called The Covenant anymore.

The Prometheans are better than they were in 4, but I still consider them a flop. Wish we'd get human adversaries from ONI.

Yoooo, hold up. I meant the banished, we are fighting them right? thats what I meant.

I want to fight them instead. I want to see what they can do outside of a RTS game, what kind of tactics they can bring to the table that changes what traditional and Storm Covenant did.

The Prometheans, Ugh I don't know. Story perspective they need to stay until this whole mess with Cortana is sorted but I wouldn't even know how to start fixing them to make them a fun enemy to fight. all they are atm especially with firefight is a challenging pain in the neck that serve to be bullet sponges.

Cranster

Banned
Did 343i re-release the Warzone REQ Bundle? Unlike before when I selected it and it say's I already own it, it now asks for my payment info again.

Top Bottom